Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
maybe magma wyrm makar isnt the first magma wyrm im to take down but they will be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
what did i do so i cant fight beast guy and super sword and shield jerk in the redmane castle anymore :c

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

verbal enema posted:

what did i do so i cant fight beast guy and super sword and shield jerk in the redmane castle anymore :c

Once you visit the Altus plateau (guessing you just beat the drake up that cliff pass) you then get to fight radahn instead. Once you beat him the festival is over and redmane castle will revert back to the way it was

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Willfrey posted:

Once you visit the Altus plateau (guessing you just beat the drake up that cliff pass) you then get to fight radahn instead. Once you beat him the festival is over and redmane castle will revert back to the way it was

ah ok and nah i had two pieces of a collectors item so the gamer store security let me up there

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
about to enter this tube thing and get to see radahn on a screen larger than my phone for the first time ever >:)

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

verbal enema posted:

about to enter this tube thing and get to see radahn on a screen larger than my phone for the first time ever >:)

He'll still be very small at first.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

War Wizard posted:

He'll still be very small at first.

yeah i didnt get very close

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

had a 3 way with myself on the way to the haligtree iykwim

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

This volcano manor questline is really loving with my lifelong RPG playstyle of keeping as many dudes alive as possible

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
torn between making a beeline for lleyndal for doothorn or exploring volcano manor in my confessor grim reaper get up first

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Game is overall bad, but scratches a huge itch so I play it.

Elden beast should be a secret boss a la moon presence. Radagon is so overtuned and dumb that to make him and the EB a double header is just lovely.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The real 12 points was the Thug-Friends we made along the way

lite_sleepr posted:

Game is overall bad, but scratches a huge itch so I play it.

Elden beast should be a secret boss a la moon presence. Radagon is so overtuned and dumb that to make him and the EB a double header is just lovely.

Who gave you this curse that forces you to ever wander the game, maidenless? How grave the sin that caused this outcome?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i personally would rather play games i think are good but i understand we are in games and that is an unpopular stance

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I would like Ragadon a lot more if he/they didnt decide to punish me so much for being a lazy mage.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
They've probably got 300 hours in it.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

War Wizard posted:

Now do it again only this time without ash summons, or craftable items, and on a rockband controller.

MissMikka has been saying her next challenge run is going to be using a guitar and she'll have to play actual chords for input.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Goatson posted:

Who gave you this curse that forces you to ever wander the game, maidenless? How grave the sin that caused this outcome?

People can find a game deeply flawed with several questionable design choices but still find *some* enjoyment in it, all without believing everything about it is awesome while vigorously fellating the dong of the developers :shrug:

e:

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 1, 2023

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
It's okay. Whether you have masochist brain worms or just feel inexplicably compelled to only enjoy this game ironically, the end result is the same. Tell us your favourite ash of war

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

lite_sleepr posted:

People can find a game deeply flawed with several questionable design choices but still find *some* enjoyment in it, all without believing everything about it is awesome while vigorously fellating the dong of the developers :shrug:

I mean, you just plain called the game bad, like everyone here who’s been playing it since/near release knows it has significant flaws but when you just say bad instead of “this game is deeply flawed but it fuels my brainworms” you’re gonna get called maidenless.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lite_sleepr posted:

Yeah you're just wrong lol

Radagon isn't even that hard.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

You tell me the vigorous fellation wasn't the only game?

There is even more??

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Goatson posted:

You tell me the vigorous fellation wasn't the only game?

There is even more??

Tarnished one, rimming.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah you're just wrong lol

Radagon isn't even that hard.

actually he is!

Radagon is but one boss whose programmed verticality makes it very difficult to see what he's doing to try to avoid.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 1, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Considering Elden Ring fits pretty comfortably right behind DS3 and could be called DS4 without missing a beat I'm curious what the critical structural integrity failures are.

They've pushed the boss design to the current limit of the combat system with some clear painful breaks, some of their large enemy ambitions exceeded the grasp of their camera, and there are the genre-wide warts of the open world approach but... eh? It's a pretty worthy game of the year and as breathtaking the first time as your first blind DS1 or Bloodborne.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lite_sleepr posted:

actually he is!

Radagon is but one boss whose programmed verticality makes it very difficult to see what he's doing to try to avoid.

You are - again - wrong.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah I don't think anyone in this thread will disagree that the camera is a real motherfucker at times. Like almost every really frustrating boss is specifically frustrating, at least in part, because you have to wrangle the camera/your targeting to fight it effectively.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Does programmed verticality mean he's tall?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SHISHKABOB posted:

He has a jump attack.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Last weekend my friend -who i was helping as a phantom- was screaming at Astel as they kept dying to it, how it was only because "I don't want things to be too easy and boring despite game forcing BS on me!". They'd refused to wear armor and were using torch as a main weapon and boss kept two-shotting them.

I'm saying all you need is look to players to see all the "questionable design choises" happening

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

The only move I struggle with with Radagon at this point is his phase 2 teleport in and immediately swing his hammer move. Dodge too soon, get hit with the teleport particles. Dodge too late, I'm ending my roll just in time to catch the hammer to the face. Ow

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Goatson posted:

I'm saying all you need is look to players to see all the "questionable design choises" happening

I mean the camera is definitely a bastard. Like you're absolutely right, the player's expectations are actually to blame for a lot of complaints but the thing about the camera/targeting sucking poo poo during unusually vertical boss fights is also absolutely 100% correct. How quickly we forget the magma wyrm and his sexhaver swagger

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Oh yeah, camera will betray you the moment you get too close to Deathrite birds. Or Radahn. Or Fire Giant. Or golems. Or

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Several things make combat feel highly not good and unnecessarily frustrating compared to games like nioh 2. it’s a bit unreal that they not only copied the input buffering from dark souls 3 but even made it worse. So many enemies and bosses are plainly too big for the camera and a large percentage of time in fights is spent staring at an ankle and trying to judge the moment to dodge based on how the ankle is twisting, then unceremoniously seeing the ankle fade away after you hit it enough. it’s infuriatingly common for the game to say “you thought you were holding up a shield? Well you weren’t.” which wasn’t an issue in the souls series. A bunch of things like this do not feel modern or coherent, especially from a dev that’s made as many very similar games as fromsoft.

There’s still absolutely nothing else that’s even in the same zip code contending for GOTY 2022 because of the world design, exploration and art direction that made it such an alltimer experience. I couldn’t believe how many times the world surprised me in some new way and I will never forget moments like finding myself in caelid hell from the telechest, seeing the sheer scale of the underground as the siofra river well elevator descended, and seeing crumbling farum azula for the first time from the four belfries portal. I bet I could list at least 15 moments like this. The fact that none of those moments have to do with the actual gameplay you’re supposed to engage with is kind of a serious problem, but that’s okay, games can have major flaws and still be incredible at the end of the day

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Several things make combat feel highly not good and unnecessarily frustrating compared to games like nioh 2. it’s a bit unreal that they not only copied the input buffering from dark souls 3

All of the games have it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

to defeat the camera you must hone your other senses

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Radagon is 6'3

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think the combat is weird and awkward for sure, but you get used to it. I don't generally find myself staring at ankles though. I tend to move in and out. For example I killed valiant Gargoyles last night and they're pretty huge and extend out of the screen when you're close enough to hit them. But they also move a lot and so I run in and out accordingly.

Worst enemy to fight in the way described as staring at an ankle was fire giant for sure. He was annoying imo. Most of the other bosses just aren't that big. Ulcerated tree spirits as an exception.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Radagon/EB were a lot easier for me as a caster rather than melee. If you can get behind him during his triple arc hammer smash you have about a million years to wind up the biggest hadouken you have and unload.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

MajorBonnet posted:

MissMikka has been saying her next challenge run is going to be using a guitar and she'll have to play actual chords for input.

She started this today actually, pretty entertaining so far.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

I don't generally find myself staring at ankles though.

Oh, there's your problem: the devs clearly intended for the player to spend a lot of time staring at ankles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The only problem with Elden Beast is that you can't summon Torrent to fight it.