Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I was really hoping Kassandra would get her own Ezio style trilogy. you don’t even have to stick with Ancient Greece!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

VideoGames posted:

Imagine posting in the games forum and not liking video games?

Get outta here you rubes.

Imagine posting in the art forum and not liking finger painting for babies in a creche with other babies

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

exquisite tea posted:

Valhalla tried to be a 100-hour long RPG except without the parts that actually make an RPG fun and I don't think a single person on earth cared about Mirage so lets give the (correct) Odyssey likers another crack at it.

valhalla is better than odyssey :colbert:

...but origins is better than both and all three are literally 50+ hours too long so it's not even really a compliment tbh

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Wolfsheim posted:

valhalla is better than odyssey :colbert:

...but origins is better than both and all three are literally 50+ hours too long so it's not even really a compliment tbh

I can't agree. I liked Eivor, especially Lady Eivor, and I wanted to like Valhalla because it is not often I can go to my hometown and do a Viking raid on it, but I just could not get into Valhalla at all. Mind you my PC was barely running it back then, I should try again maybe with the new one. But ehh. I might just load up Odyssey again.

Kassandra and Bayek and Eivor are all great. I want them to form a time-travelling group of supervigilantes and fight crime.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Valhalla tried to be a 100-hour long RPG except without the parts that actually make an RPG fun and I don't think a single person on earth cared about Mirage so lets give the (correct) Odyssey likers another crack at it.

*coughs* I enjoyed Mirage, it was a good game, but I realize it sold like two copies (it actually sold like 5 million copies, just no one talked about it in gaming spaces).

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I forgot Mirage was a thing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Perhaps all the online people constantly complaining about how AC needed to return to its roots was the real *waves hand in front of face* ...mirage all along.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mirage felt bad to me because it was an attempt to use the Valhalla mechanics in a standard AC-alike and the two just don't mesh well. If it hadn't been an expanded DLC sold as a full game it could have been better.

exquisite tea posted:

Perhaps all the online people constantly complaining about how AC needed to return to its roots was the real *waves hand in front of face* ...mirage all along.

That's the thing! It wasn't its roots. It was more akin to someone making an Assasin's Creed 2 mod in Valhalla

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All they needed to do was make Black Flag 2 NOT SKULL AND BONES

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Valhalla just felt really bad to play. Eivor felt like she was wearing concrete boots

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JBP posted:

Imagine posting in the art forum and not liking finger painting for babies in a creche with other babies

I am sorry my post hit too close to home for you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

All they needed to do was make Black Flag 2 NOT SKULL AND BONES

Its incredible to me how awful Skull and Bones is. Its the worst game of the year.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
more like DULL AND GROANS

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's funny to me that there is nostalgia for old Assassins creed games. That series has never not sucked

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

It's funny to me that there is nostalgia for old Assassins creed games. That series has never not sucked

Have you played the newer games? I like them, but they’re all seriously flawed imo, often in different ways.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

more like DULL AND GROANS

Good one!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I played Black Flag this year it whips

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

bows1 posted:

Im enjoying Rise of the Ronin, but IM a little worried about late game frequent stance switching while fighting one boss... is that where we are headed?

There are only a few bosses who use multiple weapons. The vast majority of the game, you're only going to swap stances mid-combat when you target a new enemy. You can also completely ignore the "effective stances" mechanic if you want, as it only increases the ki damage dealt by your parry and how long they're vulnerable after parrying an unblockable.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I played Black Flag this year it whips

I GOT A SISTER SHE’S NINE FEET TALL
SHE SLEEPS IN THE KITCHEN WITH HER FEET IN THE HALL

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Guy in the PS5 thread saying a western game series has always been bad?? :wth:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I played AC2 for the first time in like 2016 and it rocked

Also I've had Black Flag installed on my HDD for like 3 years and never even started it lol

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

I played AC2 for the first time in like 2016 and it rocked

Also I've had Black Flag installed on my HDD for like 3 years and never even started it lol

I've started it a few times but always run out of steam in the first bit when you're ACing around before you get the ship. I just want to do the pirate ship stuff, for some reason the structure of the tutorial is poison to my enthusiasm.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

I said come in! posted:

Its incredible to me how awful Skull and Bones is. Its the worst game of the year.

The first thing you do in that game is approach an island to harvest wood. Crafting was the worst thing to ever happen to video games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HopperUK posted:

I've started it a few times but always run out of steam in the first bit when you're ACing around before you get the ship. I just want to do the pirate ship stuff, for some reason the structure of the tutorial is poison to my enthusiasm.

Yeah, I get it, that happened to me a few times over the years but you gotta muscle past it, it's so good once you get the ship

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I felt the two halves of the game (Black Flag) didn’t complement each other at all. And the Far Cry pouch upgrade hunting felt really out of place. That said, I didn’t play it for that long.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm the guy who hated the ship combat in AC3 so much that I've never played Blag Flag

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

padijun posted:

The first thing you do in that game is approach an island to harvest wood. Crafting was the worst thing to ever happen to video games

Agreed, I hate crafting so much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The ship stuff is the only good thing about Black Flag everything else the worst the series has to offer.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I'm the guy who hated the ship combat in AC3 so much that I've never played Blag Flag

This was one of the few parts I did like in AC3 so AC4 sounds right up my alley but somehow I just never got around to it. Too many games!!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxxidation posted:

I GOT A SISTER SHE’S NINE FEET TALL
SHE SLEEPS IN THE KITCHEN WITH HER FEET IN THE HALL

(to the melody of the convict song from Dead Rising)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

(to the melody of the convict song from Dead Rising)

It took me a loving decade to get that song out of my head and you just brought it back.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Just got to gongaga, my boi's theme blasting out 10/10 :rock:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

Guy in the PS5 thread saying a western game series has always been bad?? :wth:

Like 75% of the games I play are western so I have no idea what this means.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

veni veni veni posted:

Yup

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Schubalts posted:

There are only a few bosses who use multiple weapons. The vast majority of the game, you're only going to swap stances mid-combat when you target a new enemy. You can also completely ignore the "effective stances" mechanic if you want, as it only increases the ki damage dealt by your parry and how long they're vulnerable after parrying an unblockable.

Ah got it, thats encouraging to hear. I just read that you can Counterspark DURING a block which makes things much more manageable.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Gongaga tifa in.. the lifestream???..... wha we're doing this NOW!?!? pulling these faces :vince: :vince:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hold on to ur butt

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Like 75% of the games I play are western so I have no idea what this means.

All games are bad from their stories to their characters and all the way up to their development.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

vikar, ps xperience in the next 10 days? weigh the odds

i bet they'll show astrobot, and the piss5 pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

https://x.com/ZhugeEX/status/1790464361871430015

https://x.com/ZhugeEX/status/1790464370742349967