Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Kimmalah posted:

Have you found the Ludwig Blade yet? Because it basically looks like a weapon that was tailor made for their love of big greatswords and has a trick similar to the Kirkhammer. And it does decent damage of course.
I did, though by that time I had already upgraded the Kirkhammer a significant amount that it would take a while to get Ludwig's Holy Blade caught up.

It is pretty cool though. But the way you see the sword lock into place when turning into the hammer gives it a slight edge over the Holy Blade for me. It's still quite a ways until the LP reaches that point, so we'll see what other weapons tickle their fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm hoping they eventually learn to transform mid-combo, because Kirkhammer is ridic speed if you go R1-L1. That's also how you guard break as well.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Someone really needs to explain what the deal with that messenger stump is so we don't have to see them wondering about it every few videos. :v: And it's kind of killing me how Pat absolutely refuses to use a blood vial even though they drop constantly. I understand wanting to stockpile them but when you're almost dead, have 20 and are picking up tons more just use one! Especially since he's not aggressive enough to get much from the regain.

They're right about insight levels having some unintended effects, like seeing weird poo poo and making some of the enemies more difficult. So have fun popping that Knowledge.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Stump let's you put hats on your messengers

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

havenwaters posted:

Stump let's you put hats on your messengers

Yeah I know what it does, I just hope they get a skin or something so they'll find out soon.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly I just want Woolie to play before it's too late. He's not gonna be playing this alone at home so let the guy enjoy himself on his first time at least.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

HGH posted:

Honestly I just want Woolie to play before it's too late. He's not gonna be playing this alone at home so let the guy enjoy himself on his first time at least.

Next boss is coming up and he's a doozy so I'm sure Woolie will be playing soon if Pat doesn't wimp out again. :getin:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I saw the location where they backed off and I'm pretty drat sure it was in one of those reveal trailers not too long ago, so I'm excited for that fight.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

HGH posted:

I saw the location where they backed off and I'm pretty drat sure it was in one of those reveal trailers not too long ago, so I'm excited for that fight.

I fought him a few days ago and got pretty lucky I think. He's a tough one when you're first starting out. They also of course walked right past an NPC that gives them an item for that fight. :v:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Pat is somehow gonna go through this game without dying once, it ends with woolie smashing pats skull in.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Depths posted:

Pat is somehow gonna go through this game without dying once, it ends with woolie smashing pats skull in.

He's already died once technically. I'm sure he'll die a lot later on, considering how often he just picks up items or goes into areas without checking behind him periodically or above him. I can't tell you many times I've thought I was safe and then something came creeping up behind me, jumped down on my head, or turned out to just be asleep/well camouflaged. Even the player ghosts scare me now sometimes because it puts you so on edge.

Bloodborne is basically Ambushes & Shortcuts: The Game.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Kimmalah posted:

I fought him a few days ago and got pretty lucky I think. He's a tough one when you're first starting out. They also of course walked right past an NPC that gives them an item for that fight. :v:

Eh, they probably would have gotten her killed anyway, because the pig was still around.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jve-WgrF4Lc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bktpfwK5Go

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Yo Lethal League is the best everyone go play Lethal League

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Wordnumber posted:

Yo Lethal League is the best everyone go play Lethal League

Sure, just come out with a fuckin' Mac version.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

pulp rag posted:

Sure, just come out with a fuckin' Mac version.

maybe you should get an actual computer :colbert:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
You're not wrong. But, when your college gives only Macs to art students as part of the program, it's hard to say no.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Kinda sad that none of them had done research into lethal league. This game has incredible depth in it that is difficult to catch on to without people telling you about it.

Edit: i realise that isnt really the point or anything though

Ashtarath fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 4, 2015

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Kimmalah posted:

Bloodborne is basically Ambushes & Shortcuts: The Game.

I was wondering if Patsworth was going to eat that flaming ball on the bridge.

Perhaps he'll get his throat slit by the ambush witches with the big sickles

Gotta love a Miyazaki style jump scare :neckbeard:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

DumbparameciuM posted:

I was wondering if Patsworth was going to eat that flaming ball on the bridge.

Perhaps he'll get his throat slit by the ambush witches with the big sickles

Gotta love a Miyazaki style jump scare :neckbeard:

I'm waiting for a certain ambush by the revenge of Tower of Latria Cthulhu guys. myself.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh man my favorite D&D enemies are back? Sweet.
How the hell do those things keep getting in games anyway? Isn't there a copyright on them?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
is it me, or are they having a little TOO easy of a time so far Bloodborne? maybe it's because they're seasoned pros at this type of game by now, but it seems like they're managing quite well against hordes and bosses compared to DS2. Or maybe the entire nature of enemy dynamics in BloodBorne is different?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This first area isn't very hard, a bit later they get aggressive enemies that can twoshot you easily and have cool combos

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Bloodborne gets a lot harder when monsters stop dropping health and ammo all the time.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH posted:

Oh man my favorite D&D enemies are back? Sweet.
How the hell do those things keep getting in games anyway? Isn't there a copyright on them?

there are certain monsters wizards of the coast holds as "product identity" and won't let anyone else use

those aren't one of them

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

is it me, or are they having a little TOO easy of a time so far Bloodborne? maybe it's because they're seasoned pros at this type of game by now, but it seems like they're managing quite well against hordes and bosses compared to DS2. Or maybe the entire nature of enemy dynamics in BloodBorne is different?

Pat played the pax demo and the stuff in that area that's not the pax demo is about the same difficulty. I'm expecting them to die some on the next boss.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Everything that's not a boss staggers so easily, weapons have wide sweeping arcs and do enough damage to two-three shot enemies most of the time so I think this is pretty standard if you're not exaggerating and button mashing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, Bloodborne is just generally easier than the Souls series.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I wouldn't go that far, since this is still the only area I've seen of it but it certainly seems more manageable when it comes to crowd control.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Holy poo poo, they added so much to Lethal League since the last time I played it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The nightmare returns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTVmlAAprB0

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

"Now's the time."

"Buh bwaddah bwOOO!"

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

But most people think Bloodborne is the hardest one yet.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Little column A, little column B. There's plenty of mechanics and changes that make it easier for crawling through trash mobs once you're confident in an area, but I'd say it's the hardest souls as far as progressing forward and learning areas, nevermind some of the bosses.

I really hope they go to all of the optional areas and I'm interested to see how they handle some of the bosses since some really lend themselves to Co-op. In other news, Plague has a PS4, so we might finally have the Zaibatsu-Plague gameplay collaboration I've been longing for!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think if you're a Souls player who has never played a character action game, it probably is for you. But our friendly Platinum shills Pat and Woolie should have basically a master's degree in invincibility frames and crowd control.

It's undoubtedly the most punishing game of the four, though, gently caress ups deal a lot of damage.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 4, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I caved because of the wooliegasm button and started watching Bloodborne and goddamn it's good. If it comes to PC I will definitely play it. All the complaints I've seen around the internet are definitely there, but they were WAY oversold by the internet hating everything new like a bunch of dumb pricks.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
yeah I really don't see myself affording a PS4 anytime soon so I have no choice but to experience it through Woolie and Pat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
90% of the complaints about Bloodborne are because it is a PS4 exclusive and will most likely never ever go on the PC.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Wordnumber posted:

Eh, they probably would have gotten her killed anyway, because the pig was still around.

It's actually impossible to not get her killed no matter how you handle her quest. Even if you don't give her the brooch and never tell her about the cathedral she'll still get killed by the pig. Telling her about the clinic gets her killed by Iosefka.

The pig also respawns so it doesn't matter if you kill it.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
OK so I don't actually don't know how any of the quests in Bloodborne work because I haven't beaten the game yet and I want to stay in the dark, so I just assumed the girl died when she traveled to give you the item unless you killed the pig and that telling her about a safe place never factored into it. I couldn't even find her when I played. It's me i'm the idiot fucker with his shield up

Also holy poo poo the third episode of Revelations 2 is really long.