Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I ate the Porthos dines in tomato sauce. Good, not great, but good. Tasted more like canned tuna. Great texture, just not high on the sardine flavor. Tomato sauce was basically flavorless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/SQSIccI.mp4

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Me and the boys eating some dines.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

gonna eat some dines today for the first time

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

haunted bong posted:

Fantastic!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

haunted bong posted:

Hopefully they’re quality dines or you might get turned off.

I recommend newbie dine eaters start out with King Oscar tiny tots because they’re cheapish, usually available at your local grocery store and are quite good.

Some of the rookies started out with something like Beach Cliff and didn’t enjoy them

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Kipper snacks are the proverbial "crack dealer free hit" of tasty canned fishies.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

Hopefully they’re quality dines or you might get turned off.

I recommend newbie dine eaters start out with King Oscar tiny tots because they’re cheapish, usually available at your local grocery store and are quite good.

Some of the rookies started out with something like Beach Cliff and didn’t enjoy them

King Oscar Mediterranean style

illy
Jul 13, 2019

haunted bong posted:

This is the best 'dine, it's what I buy 90% of the time

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

DiggityDoink posted:

King Oscar tiny tots because they’re cheapish

well look at lord monty p moneybags over here

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
If ur gonna start, you want a deal, but not 99c deal. That's for the pros who know what they want. Wild Planet is also good midrange I think.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ljR1ax6qU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Wild Planet is really good (their White Anchovies are loving amazing) but a little pricey where I'm at, even more than KO dines by at least 25cents. For a good mid-range brand my go-to has always been Season brand. Reese brand is similar but I've found their fishies to be a bit smaller than Season. And I'll never not mention the amazing Brunswick Gourmet Filets in Mustard and Dill.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

evilmiera posted:

I have taken to eating sardines only after midnight. I take this to mean I am either a Gremlin or some kinda 'dine vampire.

In some places they call that the 'dining hour.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

As a 'dine newb I started out with beach cliffs and thought they were decent then I tried KO mediterranean style and they are my go to now. The olives make it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The KO Mediterraneans are really, really good - they have supplanted Tiny Tots as my favorite a month or two ago.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

update: dines good

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

haunted bong posted:

Excellent choice. And welcome to the 'dine life.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Picked up a tin of Crown Prince kipper snacks tonight. They're pretty decent but I think I like KO 'dines more overall. I like the smaller fish I can just pop in my mouth one by one.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 20, 2019

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Twelve pack of Wild Planet in olive oil is on a deep discount right now on amazon

edit: never tried the marinara ones but they're $13.32 for a 12 pack as well.

cenotaph fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 25, 2019

illy
Jul 13, 2019
thanks for keeping us aware of good 'dine prices. That's a most excellent use of this thread

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

potatoes roasted with whole garlic cloves, drizzles in olive oil, with a can of peppercorn KOs

who needs turkey

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Made a jalapeño ko hash topped with eggs in the oven just know. Didn’t get it out of the pan onto the plate perfect, but tastes drat good.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
That looks really good. I'm a bit out of sorts today because I haven't sardines in 3 days so I tried to google "ko hash" before I realized KO is King Oscar :downs:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah it was good. All I did was dice a potato and cook it for a bit before adding fish and later eggs. Put some salt, pepper, chili powder, and cholula on top. My corgi has been underfoot literally whining that he can’t eat my dines. He did get a couple tails during the cooking process.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I wonder if KO shadow banned me from their Facebook page. I miss winning tons of KO swag and free dine coupons.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

MetaJew posted:

I wonder if KO shadow banned me from their Facebook page. I miss winning tons of KO swag and free dine coupons.
I haven't seen a contest in months.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I wish I could try this: KO Sardines Japanese Style

Soy sauce, ginger and wasabi. 3 things I love. It looks like it comes in a small can though. Says 4-6 dines per. We need a polish goon to try it out and report results

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Italy's Sardines push back against Salvini's nationalist tide

quote:

Crammed into the Piazza Duomo, packed tightly like the fish that's given them their name, was a nascent movement gaining ground across the country.

They came with a message: promoting human rights and respect for migrants and halting the rise and rise of one man - Matteo Salvini.

:yum:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Eating some KO med mackerel right now on some crackers with a smear of garlic/herb boursin. This poo poo is amazing and I wish I'd thought to try it before.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

hell yeah

as if dines couldn't get better. they now bash the fash

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Zoe posted:

potatoes roasted with whole garlic cloves, drizzles in olive oil, with a can of peppercorn KOs

who needs turkey

drat. i want to make this, and i will

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah it was good. All I did was dice a potato and cook it for a bit before adding fish and later eggs. Put some salt, pepper, chili powder, and cholula on top. My corgi has been underfoot literally whining that he can’t eat my dines. He did get a couple tails during the cooking process.

How are the jalapeño dines overall? Any actual spice?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
There’s a little heat to them. They’re pretty good.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

poo poo is real

I made them spicy and Indian with a Serrano pepper, mustard seeds and curry leaf

E: cooked it in lamb fat

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 8, 2019

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:sbahj: that looks great. Lamb fat + sardines sounds insane (in a good way).

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Trip report: Bar Harbor can go gently caress itself. Two huge slabs of crumbly fish. Weird bitter flavor to the affair, just failure, texture, taste, consistency, everything is wrong. Easily the worst "any tier above Beachcliff" 'dine Mr. Dick has had. Like they're trying to pass off smoked mackerel as sardines.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I wish I could try this: KO Sardines Japanese Style

Soy sauce, ginger and wasabi. 3 things I love. It looks like it comes in a small can though. Says 4-6 dines per. We need a polish goon to try it out and report results

I found some dines in soy sauce at the international market but they were kind of weird and sweet

naem
May 29, 2011

:cthulhu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Stocking up for the inevitable return to anarchy in 2020, I see.

Smart. You'll feast like a king when the rest of the poor rubes are fighting over a can of beachcliff.