Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hey all the people talking about meta changes being organic instead of giant ham fisted game revamps should try dota

Namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
When does the gauntlet start? And why does the lolesports website suck?

Is there a schedule anywhere?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Powercrazy posted:

I think it's up on LoLesports.

When I go there, for NA it's NV v TL on Sep 3, Noon pacific time. Next series are the subsequent days, same time.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Powercrazy posted:

Use this website for match schedule:
https://abiosgaming.com/matches

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
What's everyone's single favorite split of League of Legends? For me it's Champions Summer 2014, 15 games worth of KT Arrows in the playoffs is about as good as it gets

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Summer 2016: The split where TSM changed the world

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Champions Winter 2013/2014 straight into Champions Spring 2014 was my favorite time watching League. So many great teams and games

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
My favorite teams are probably peak Moscow 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVE5sQssZi4

and peak Samsung White.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDsOmyklkzo

I tried to find the SSW/SKT trash talk video but it's apparently been taken off of video sites by copyright claim which is bullshit.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Libertine posted:

I tried to find the SSW/SKT trash talk video but it's apparently been taken off of video sites by copyright claim which is bullshit.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2p6zsl

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

IMO the best team that has ever played this dumb game.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Libertine posted:

My favorite teams are probably peak Moscow 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVE5sQssZi4

and peak Samsung White.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDsOmyklkzo

Good choices imo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Never really understood this line of thinking because it's not like anyone who coached the apex world class of professional athletes (like Kobe or Jordan or Lebron in NBA) would ever be better players than them but they are all ostensibly coachable.

What is the difference?

Like nobody is better than Faker and he has one of the most authoritarian coaches in the world, so...

there is zero evidence to suggest this happened

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

there is zero evidence to suggest this happened

To suggest what happened? (Legit question, not sure what you mean from context of my post)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

To suggest what happened? (Legit question, not sure what you mean from context of my post)

that bjergsen wouldnt listen to his coach because his coach ~wasnt good enough in competitive as a player~

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I really liked this season of LCS because best of 3/2 was great. My other favorite time was when OGN had Masters & Champions.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

San Shao has left his position as manager of RNG

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

San Shao has left his position as manager of RNG

oh drat. he's the guy that used to write all those super nuts blogs right?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah he still does. he's actually pretty funny. notably he is the ex-edg, i think founder? he was definitely their manager this year before he was RNG manager. he's also the dude who wrote the blog posts about how girlfriends ruin professional league of legends careers.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also afreeca versus samsung is on and game one was pretty good, Afreeca actually won. But also SSG benched Wraith who was possibly the best support in LCK this season, and also his backup is CoreJJ who has never supported before this split. Also Wraith is their SHOT CALLER!!!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bung rules, Crown rules, Ambition rules, CoreJJ fuckin rules!!!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"Mickey has to blow his ghost"

haha yeah suck that ghost dick!!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
You're drunk

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i'll be honest i would suck a ghost's dick

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

i'll be honest i would suck a ghost's dick

no doubt, agreed.

also hell yeah Crown play the bomb man!

:siren: ADC Varus alert :siren:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ambition :vince:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

holy fuuuuck

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Wol posted:

Ugh he pronounces some words differently from me how awful

I'm Danish so I'm allowed to be critical. It's the complete lack of effort on his part that annoys me. Compare Froggen to Bjergsen and consider how long each has been on an English-speaking team (remember that Bjergsen played for all-Danish CW/NIP before TSM)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Holy poo poo Afreeca bodied Samsung in that first game. Ouch.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
CoreJJ is playing support for Samsung now?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

CoreJJ is playing support for Samsung now?

he's been there all split, but every time they sub him in it's a mistake because he just isn't a good support, especially compared to wraith.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

holy fuuuuck

jesus christ no kidding. Ambition loving wrecking with Nidalee that third game.

e: it's kind of funny that all the midlaners Ambition used to play are now junglers

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 1, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Letting CuVee have Ekko over and over was Afreeca's biggest mistake. He hosed them so hard on that pick relentlessly.

CoreJJ also played insane on Bard.

Those two picks/players destroyed Afreeca and they probably should have banned both champions in later games.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Letting CuVee have Ekko over and over was Afreeca's biggest mistake. He hosed them so hard on that pick relentlessly.

CoreJJ also played insane on Bard.

Those two picks/players destroyed Afreeca and they probably should have banned both champions in later games.

Ekko should be banned every game IMO. We have way too much evidence from the past two weeks not to know this. It is great in lane and scales super hard and easily wrecks backlines.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:agreed: Ekko goes away briefly when he's nerfed but every time he comes back with a new build and it's just as strong if not stronger. He's another Azir case where Riot will absolutely dumpster everything about him at some point to get him out of the scene.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

that bjergsen wouldnt listen to his coach because his coach ~wasnt good enough in competitive as a player~
uhhhh there were multiple episodes of the TSM show where Bjergsen outright refused to listen to him and argued against him. A couple arguments stemmed over what Bjergsen was told to pick in Champ Select and what he actually went with

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

:agreed: Ekko goes away briefly when he's nerfed but every time he comes back with a new build and it's just as strong if not stronger. He's another Azir case where Riot will absolutely dumpster everything about him at some point to get him out of the scene.

I disagree. I think Ekko's ability to be tanky and safe is going to continue to get hit and his viable build will slip more and more towards asassin. He's more likely to hit the lucian/thresh/kassadin/ezreal balance zone where no one is rushing to first pick it and it's not in the pro default pick list, but it gets picked sometimes and wins sometimes but it's kind of a risk to go for it over something more generically s-tier. Huni will probably keep picking it because he hates tanks and sometimes it'll show up for a particular comp or lane counter.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RealFoxy posted:

uhhhh there were multiple episodes of the TSM show where Bjergsen outright refused to listen to him and argued against him. A couple arguments stemmed over what Bjergsen was told to pick in Champ Select and what he actually went with

considering loco's MSI strat was 'let's put our best player, the one who absolutely must carry the game for us to succeed, on cho gath' i can see where bjerg was coming from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I refuse to blame anyone but bjerg for the chogath picks.

• Locked thread