Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Paying2Lurk posted:

I've been so close to picking up Crime Boss for like $12 in the last couple of sales. Glad I waited. I remember everyone (me included!) thinking it was going to be some GTA-like but it's more of a weird Pay Day kinda thing?

maybe I expected the wrong things from it but I really hated it. I got it from Gamefly and sent it back pretty fast. the gameplay loop didn't grab me at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

Oh no, Samurai Warriors 4 wasn't released in the last decade anymore :corsair:

You're good, the US/EU release was October 21, 2014. Technically correct, the best kind of correct.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I said come in! posted:

Ooof, this sounds bad for the future of Xbox and a lot of game devs.

activision ate xbox. bobby got revengeance on everyone

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

PacoPepe posted:

Seems the MS higher-ups now run Xbox, can you imagine the next Halo launching simultaneously on PS and Xbox?

M$, please, let me put my 360 discs into my ps5

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Also, jfc @ cosmo canyon :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Tifa's "forty-what!!?" comment lmfao.

:negative:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

New AssCreed is actually looking promising.

https://www.ign.com/articles/assassins-creed-shadows-40-details-you-need-to-know

Tldr:
You can play as either character and can hotswap between them outside combat/missions.

Game area is about the size of Origins

Less map icon spam.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Issaries posted:

New AssCreed is actually looking promising.

https://www.ign.com/articles/assassins-creed-shadows-40-details-you-need-to-know

Tldr:
You can play as either character and can hotswap between them outside combat/missions.

Game area is about the size of Origins

Less map icon spam.

Looks cool!........... but it's a Ubisoft open world game....

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I do like the concept of the seasons changing, that's cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ulio posted:

Keiichi Okabe is basically making a living thanks to Yoko Taro. He has worked on his smaller card games as well.

Then there is Stellar Blade which the director basically said he can't say what Yoko Taro influenced because it would be too many things and Okabe's music studio got hired to do the music for that as well.

Okabe made a pretty decent living from Tekken and such too

Also his studio only did some of the SB music, the rest was Cosmograph and the rest of the Nikke sound team

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I will probably play the new asscreed game... next year most likely

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

The great thing about AssCreed is Ubisoft quickly sells it for cheap and eventually gives it to you for free.

I liked the Avatar game. It had a great, very vertical map that was fun to explore and not much busywork. Playing in exploration mode (turns off nonessential map icons and give environmental hints instead) made it fun to poke around. That was a completely different Ubi studio, but if it indicates the company's overall current approach to the open world formula, cool.

Whether I buy it on a sale or wait for a PS+ freebie depends a lot on the combat system though. I liked Odyssey a ton largely because the over-the-top combat with a bunch of interesting powers made even the fort clearing missions fun. I imagine a samurai/ninja inspired combat system will play much differently. Hopefully it doesn't resemble the dull Valhalla/Origins combat...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm just wary that the game will be 1000 hours of psychologist-led engagement strategies.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

New AssCreed going back to the Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla style sucks because that format did nothing for me. Anyway.

Mr.Acula posted:

They should make a new Resistance game

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

PacoPepe posted:

Seems the MS higher-ups now run Xbox, can you imagine the next Halo launching simultaneously on PS and Xbox?

Literally 5x as many players will get bored of it in less than 2 weeks, a record number!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

ImpAtom posted:

Nioh, Nioh 2, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Rise of the Ronin, Ghost of Tsushima, Like A Dragon: Ishin!, Fate Samurai/Remenant, Trek to Yomi, just off the top of my head.

(I don't think the setting i played out but samurai games are not exactly uncommon, it just depends on how supernatural they are.)

People perceive it differently but I'd argue that barely 10 games over the last decade is far from "played out", and the setting only become more popular recently - most games in the list are 2017 and newer).

(Also Sekiro is not a samurai game :argh:)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm bored of Oda Nobunaga tbh

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Theres not enough Ninja games either.

Team Ninja needs to get on that now that they have all this money from Nioh and its spinoffs.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nioh is a ninja game.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
<watches anime every single waking second> man this japanese setting is so played out :/

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

That new ps2 emulator for ps5 looks like its dropping soon, clone wars looks to be the first game to use it (wasnt on prior ps2 to ps4 lists) which means we'll be getting more ps2 games now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vikar Jerome posted:

That new ps2 emulator for ps5 looks like its dropping soon, clone wars looks to be the first game to use it (wasnt on prior ps2 to ps4 lists) which means we'll be getting more ps2 games now

Oh yeah I'm sure they'll be great and not broken and unplayable like Primal and Ape Escape 2

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FAIRGAME$ sounding more and more like a soon to be cancelled game

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Good

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh yeah I'm sure they'll be great and not broken and unplayable like Primal and Ape Escape 2

That's just what Primal is like.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

JBP posted:

I'm bored of Oda Nobunaga tbh

My favorite part of Nioh is finding out that even Oda Nobunaga is bored of Oda Nobunaga.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

they put out a survey recently

quote:

Sony Interactive Entertainment and Haven Studios seek to learn what kind of gameplay respondents enjoy, what platform they play on, how often they play, and whether they enjoy playing games involving heists, PvP, and PvE. It also asks respondents what they liked and disliked about the Fairgames trailer that was released last year.

lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they should make a new sengoku basara game
or at least localize 4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

njsykora posted:

That's just what Primal is like.

PS2 Primal did not have constantly glitching textures, no

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

SkeletonHero posted:

My favorite part of Nioh is finding out that even Oda Nobunaga is bored of Oda Nobunaga.

Lmao yeah. People who say team ninja can't write are clowns.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Curious about this. What does this mean, PS2 games as direct digital purchases like some PS1 and PSP ones?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Guillermus posted:

Curious about this. What does this mean, PS2 games as direct digital purchases like some PS1 and PSP ones?

Yeah but depends on the publisher, some just leave it on plus tier only.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sakurazuka posted:

PS2 Primal did not have constantly glitching textures, no

i was thinking of getting Okage and apparently that game is completely hosed lol

the way sony treats the first party ps1-3 library, is maybe the biggest tragedy of modern game preservation, and history. kids are literally going around thinking the n64 had, remotely, as good a library as ps1 because they do not let anyone know about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okage has the same issue, weird texture crap all over the place. But you can technically still play it even if it looks like rear end so all you get is a pop up saying 'may experience issues when playing' and that's it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the other issue is that, you are playing the english translation of okage which by all accounts, is bad.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i was thinking of getting Okage and apparently that game is completely hosed lol

the way sony treats the first party ps1-3 library, is maybe the biggest tragedy of modern game preservation, and history. kids are literally going around thinking the n64 had, remotely, as good a library as ps1 because they do not let anyone know about it.

My kids think PS1/PS2 games are the coolest thing ever and they want me to buy a new console so they can play some of our old games / games they've only heard of

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but not many other choices if you don't know Japanese lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah but not many other choices if you don't know Japanese lol

they localized a lot of good poo poo back then, even if the localizations were poor. like it wasn't the SNES or something

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
like honestly if it was SNES NOA, or god forbid, Kevin Tewart era Sega, they probably would have left Parappa the Rapper to forever be an obscure JP-only game or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It’s sad because PS3 era Sony wasn’t that bad about this. There were a lot of PS1 Classics on PSN, and they worked across the PSP, PS3, and Vita (which did have some titles blacklisted). Same with the PSP library on Vita.

And none of the games needed to be rebought. Tbf, iinm your old PSP purchases will get you the PS5 versions, for the few games they do offer.