Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Richard Dorkins doesn't look well.

Wow...77 years old.

And Googling Richard Dorkins works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Isn't the Muslim call to prayer like a sort of nice song, not a dude barking words into a megaphone? It's like if a church played one choir song through speakers. Oh no!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Richard Dorkins doesn't look well.

Wow...77 years old.

And Googling Richard Dorkins works.

I wondered why he had taken a picture of an old lady at first.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Brawnfire posted:

Isn't the Muslim call to prayer like a sort of nice song, not a dude barking words into a megaphone? It's like if a church played one choir song through speakers. Oh no!

Yes.

Bonus: that video actually starts with a guy saying Allah akbar several times.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

It's like if a church played one choir song through speakers. Oh no!

Well that sounds horrible.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bless

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

1stGear posted:

Yes.

Bonus: that video actually starts with a guy saying Allah akbar several times.

So aggressive!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well that sounds horrible.

Well it wouldn't be the best but nobody would imply aggression. Maybe if it was Verdi's Requiem.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Transmogrifier posted:

Actually she had her own show even back then but it was in the same universe as He-Man. They're twins. She, too, was created for the purpose of selling toys.

I think they mean that angry nerd dudes probably know and care about She-Ra because of her relation to He-Man or appearances on his show, not necessarily because they were fans of her show.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I thought Dick Dorkins was an avowed atheist? Or does his bigotry transcend that?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I thought Dick Dorkins was an avowed atheist? Or does his bigotry transcend that?

He's always been outspoken against religion of all kinds, but he has a particular hate boner for Islam.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Well it wouldn't be the best but nobody would imply aggression. Maybe if it was Verdi's Requiem.

I will only accept Gas Pedorro as a call to prayer.

Mak0rz posted:

I think they mean that angry nerd dudes probably know and care about She-Ra because of her relation to He-Man or appearances on his show, not necessarily because they were fans of her show.

Everyone watched She-Ra because Hordak was a cool villain but more importantly you watched every cartoon that was on.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

He thinks it's an important, factual exposure of truth to note that--despite being above all this religion nonsense himself--Islam is weird and foreign, while Christianity speaks to and uplifts the soul.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

kirbysuperstar posted:

My favourite "Why was I banned" was the classic "Your son was banned for exposing himself on camera in Uno".

According to friends who used to do customer service for XBOX, this was depressingly common because UNO was the only game with a camera function (or one of very few) so it became an ad hoc Chat Roulette.

They also told me about a several month period where kids kept calling in with the line “my dick is stuck in the disk drawer” and they’d have to calmly direct them to hardware assistance instead of hanging up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As you may know, government inspectors found last week that Price owes the government about $350k for improper travel expenses, so without getting into it deeply, baseballcrank was wrong.

https://twitter.com/baseballcrank/status/1019067731302379520

Here's Why I'm Not Owned and Actually, This is Funny to Me 1/14

This guy is a notorious conservative moron pundit on Twitter, you may recognize his avatar from Chapo stuff because he's a legendary dipshit, sort of the exemplar of brain dead, other-sidesism, anti-anti-(but really pro-) Trump online commentariat so that just the image of him is shorthand for "god-tier idiot nuclear take"

zoux has a new favorite as of 14:46 on Jul 17, 2018

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Brawnfire posted:

He thinks it's an important, factual exposure of truth to note that--despite being above all this religion nonsense himself--Islam is weird and foreign, while Christianity speaks to and uplifts the soul.

Much as I like change ringing for its weird compulsive must-play-every-possible-permutation thing I have to say the call to prayer is a much prettier sound. In short: Bollocks to Dorkins.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jerry Cotton posted:

Everyone watched She-Ra because Hordak was a cool villain but more importantly you watched every cartoon that was on.

She-Ra was the better cartoon to me as a kid, but some dudes I grew up with didn't care for it because it was "for girls."

Also Skeletor is the best Masters of the Universe villain because of how loving absurd he is. He's a wizard skeleton, but despite this he still has huge muscles and a six-pack to appeal to that 80's cartoon aesthetic.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Daddy_Warpig/status/1018331812857180160

https://twitter.com/Daddy_Warpig/status/1018336351203151872

Seems about right.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Also Skeletor is the best Masters of the Universe villain because of how loving absurd he is. He's a wizard skeleton, but despite this he still has huge muscles and a six-pack to appeal to that 80's cartoon aesthetic.

I like the Dolph Lundgren movie version of Skeletor, he's basically Palpatine.

And then he goes Super Saiyan at the end.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

conservative moron
But you repeat yourself.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The Baseball Crank will justify absolutely anything in the service of ending abortion. He's Extremely Catholic and it's the only thing that matters to him.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

All of this talk about Dorkins reminds me of one of my favorite tweets of all time that I probably posted in this thread before:

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/336048706853937152

Nothing is more frightening than someone wearing vinyl armor and holding a plastic sword.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I thought I'd made a mistake reading the comments after I tweeted him calling him a dork. Was pleasantly surprised he was getting utterly slated. Awesome.

Also that Akira the Don guy blocked me too. Haha what a snowflake.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It is so ridiculous that grown men are bitching about a cartoon for children depicting the protagonist as a fellow child instead of a sexy pinup.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Are people quizzing these fake geek guys about She-Ra? Can they name all the characters? How many playsets do they own?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Veib posted:

I like the Dolph Lundgren movie version of Skeletor, he's basically Palpatine.

And then he goes Super Saiyan at the end.

That movie was so bizarre and I loved every minute of it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Netflix is clearly AFRAID of making She-Ra something I can jack it to while I watch. The Netflix oligarchy is refusing to let me be sexually attracted to a cartoon character, and that is NOT OK!

Puppy Time posted:

Are people quizzing these fake geek guys about She-Ra? Can they name all the characters? How many playsets do they own?

Name 5 of her albums.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Mak0rz posted:

Nothing is more frightening than someone wearing vinyl armor and holding a plastic sword.

I'm sure women frighten the hell out of these weirdo losers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who care's about She-Ra anyway I'm still waiting for Sherlock Holmes in the Bravestarr Time-line or whatever the gently caress it would've been called.

AlbieQuirky posted:

It is so ridiculous that grown men are bitching about a cartoon for children depicting the protagonist as a fellow child instead of a sexy pinup.

I pretty much hated most fiction with children as the protagonists when I was a child. Maybe they're written better nowadays? Who knows :shrug:

e: I had no term for it back then but in hind-sight I think it was because most of them were such huge "Mary Sues".

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Roblo posted:

Also that Akira the Don guy blocked me too. Haha what a snowflake.
Ditto, and I wasn't even having a go at him. Just said I was sorry he wouldn't be able to masturbate to this children's cartoon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Again, don't mistake good-faith concern in a beloved and nostalgic property for freaking out about sinister creeping feminazi agendas.

https://twitter.com/DeptofDefense/status/1019189975907291136

:d2a:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I find the rows of teeth on those 3D emoji faces to be deeply unsettling. :(

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

He may be an avowed atheist, but he's culturally an 'Anglican Christian'. Which as we all know means that he's not racist when he specifically targets Muslims.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Another day, another headline making it sound like people are being rewarded for using racial slurs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/kevinroose/status/1019231958172405761

EL BROMANCE posted:

Another day, another headline making it sound like people are being rewarded for using racial slurs.

That's all you have to do to get in the WWE hall?

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/1019235287640109058

He Man with wise words

zoux has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Jul 17, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

In Trump's America? Absolutely.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

chitoryu12 posted:

In Trump's America? Absolutely.

This checks out, he and Hogan are in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

More in Dipshits are Angry at She-Ra:

https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1018884858469388289

As usual he's getting slammed in the comments. Most of them are typical but this one cracked me up:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

More in Dipshits are Angry at She-Ra:

https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1018884858469388289

As usual he's getting slammed in the comments. Most of them are typical but this one cracked me up:

Like this would even stop them from jacking it to She-Ra.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm starting to get the feeling that these people don't actually care about She-Ra and are just looking for a jumping off point to complain about what they think feminism is. "WHEN WILL THIS DISGRACING OF EVERYTHING PURE IN OUR HISTORY END?" cries a perfectly rational man complaining about a single cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

SpacePig posted:

I'm starting to get the feeling that these people don't actually care about She-Ra and are just looking for a jumping off point to complain about what they think feminism is. "WHEN WILL THIS DISGRACING OF EVERYTHING PURE IN OUR HISTORY END?" cries a perfectly rational man complaining about a single cartoon.

Yeah they just hate things that they feel "empower" women/queers. Kinda all this ever was.