Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Tardcore posted:

I think that's an l for liter so they're mixing US measure and metric on that recipe lmao

i live in rural nc and i bought a liter of milk yesterday. america uses weird poo poo for measuring liquids. its usually 1gal, 1/2 gal, now its time for liters.

Also the joke was 1/3>1/4. it doesnt matter what measurements your using 1/3 is always bigger then 1/4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So what exactly happened that has Trump supporters so upset? I thought he was infallible and Putin was actually a righteous and badass dude, according to them?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

So what exactly happened that has Trump supporters so upset? I thought he was infallible and Putin was actually a righteous and badass dude, according to them?

According to the 100 NYT articles about it, the Trump supporters still back him.

https://twitter.com/caleweissman/status/1019616055126319105

Good God

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

haha

reminds me of a time in college when a girl insisted she knew how to use a bong and wrapped her lips around the whole thing like it was a pipe :)

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

What kind of a poo poo rear end city doesn't allow dogs in subways/trains :ughh:

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

boar guy posted:

haha

reminds me of a time in college when a girl insisted she knew how to use a bong and wrapped her lips around the whole thing like it was a pipe :)

I. What? How did you and anyone else bearing witness respond? I’d have probably had to excuse myself before I wet my pants laughing.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

boar guy posted:

haha

just picturing her tongue lolling about the inside of the bong, like a dog licking a peanut butter jar

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The first time I did a shotty I managed to gently caress it up so badly. I tilted it at the wrong angle and the pipe bit heated up melting a hole in the bottle and letting all disgusting smelling water on to my lap and ruining it. It was at a friend of a friends house who I didn't know at all and I was about 14. gently caress that was embarrassing.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Bolivar posted:

What kind of a poo poo rear end city doesn't allow dogs in subways/trains :ughh:

They're allowed but they have to fit in a carrier. I've never seen this enforced.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Imagine wasting 911's time on a well behaved dog.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the past three months of news cycles can all be literally described with a mad-lib that starts with 'imagine wasting 911's time with'

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mak0rz posted:

Imagine wasting 911's time on a well behaved dog.

Could be worse. Someone could call 911 on a foul in a game of pick up basketball.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Could be worse. Someone could call 911 on a foul in a game of pick up basketball.

Or on a little girl selling water without a permit

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Or a woman using a coupon. Or a man wearing socks at the pool. Or a woman just at a pool. Or a kid that mowed a 1-foot strip of your lawn at the property line by mistake.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/MarkDuplass/status/1019674758047195136

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

burial posted:

I. What? How did you and anyone else bearing witness respond? I’d have probably had to excuse myself before I wet my pants laughing.

we just nicely corrected her :tipshat:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That’s... a very unexpected tweet. Honestly thought he was going to do a ‘oh I meant dont’ like lots have been doing today against Trump but it doesn’t seem to be coming. Wow.

Getting ratio’d at least, I’m hoping for rational explanation though.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

:rip:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
More like Mark Dumass.

Nice.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A tweet about our favorite idiot behind social media

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1019698029014626304

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He doubled down, then deleted both tweets.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/emmaogreen/status/1019594134737309698

A detailed account of one of the worst cases of developing brainworms.

Someone aske in here a few weeks ago what “too online” meant, it's some flavor of this

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"Failson" is my new favorite insult. I think I learned it from this thread.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

He doubled down, then deleted both tweets.

What an idiot coward.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

zoux posted:

Someone aske in here a few weeks ago what “too online” meant, it's some flavor of this

Nora Ralph posted:

“I watch Alex Jones... To me, that’s entertainment. We don’t really think the frogs are gay. I don’t think the protein powder works. I never thought some people watch this stuff and are like, yes, this is hard-hitting journalism. I thought most of us could distinguish between entertainment and facts. I never really thought people were stupid enough to get caught up in this stuff.”

Nora Ralph is an absolute loving moron.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I got an ad for an app that might actually be of interest, so I looked at the comments. One person claimed the app doesn't work because they used it on a hat or something, and I just liked the sickly sweet response of "You used it wrong ding dong"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

I'm glad younger people are starting to leave Facebook. It's inevitable since now all their parents and grandparents on it. I hope he goes bankrupt someday. Probably won't happen but people probably said that about Trump in the 1970s and early 1980s.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

zoux posted:

quote:

Long before a neo-Nazi at the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville allegedly killed a counterprotester named Heather Heyer

:catstare:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

He was arrested right? If the trial hasn't happened it might just be a liability thing.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Skwirl posted:

He was arrested right? If the trial hasn't happened it might just be a liability thing.

Sure, but there are ways to phrase it that don't make it sound like she might not really be dead.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Skwirl posted:

It's absolutely a liability thing. If they state Fields killed Heyer prior to any conviction, they can get sued for libel since it's not a legally factual statement.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Skwirl posted:

The trial's set to happen in November.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

zoux posted:

Jacob Wohl is a loving bootlick who sees a path for his own corrupt enrichment in Trump

He wants a pardon so he doesn't have to pay his fines and restitution, which as far as I know he still hasn't paid.

Proteus Jones posted:

It's absolutely a liability thing. If they state Fields killed Heyer prior to any conviction, they can get sued for libel since it's not a legally factual statement.

You can say "After Heather Heyer was killed at a Neo-Nazi march in Charlottesville (Fields will stand trial on the charge of {whatever it is} relating to her death on {date})" and be fine, though. Lazy journalism there.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 03:21 on Jul 19, 2018

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

zoux posted:

quote:

Lane was as gifted at creating new theories as he was at regurgitating old ones. His breakthrough came in the form of a three-hour, 20-minute video titled “#GamerGate: Actually, it’s about...” The May 2015 video, which cuts from talks at tech conferences to journal articles to Twitter screenshots, advances a mind-bogglingly complex theory linking the geopolitics of the late Bush and early Obama years to a plot by elite institutions to take control of the American education system through an open source gaming console called the Ouya.

:lol:

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

no loving way. I though I'd heard the last of that loving thing

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

You can say "After Heather Heyer was killed at a Neo-Nazi march in Charlottesville (Fields will stand trial on the charge of {whatever it is} relating to her death on {date})" and be fine, though. Lazy journalism there.

Oh, absolutely. I was just commenting on the "allegedly killed" part. After re-reading that sentence, it is horribly constructed. I'm honestly surprised an editor didn't pick up on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oh what the gently caress