Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I've been playing with Nevada Skies for 15 hours and I have yet to see clouds or rain. I'm guessing it's bugged somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Safety Hammer posted:

They were small, hard to see, and shot missiles at you. How do you want me to give you the models?
Welp, it's going to be fun trying to figure out how to prevent them friendly-firing your entire party.
You could email me a link to an upload of them somewhere, I'm mangham@gmail.com.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Yea assuming your talking about at night and that you aren't bugged somehow, that's actually the beat thing about Nevada skies. It has realistic and varying nights; no clouds and full moon? It's practically daylight. Somewhat cloudy? You can still see ok but not great. Cloudy and raining? You can see maybe 5 feet in front of you.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Another little question: Is there a way to have FNVEdit create a merge patch and specifically ignore a particular esm/esp while doing it? What I'm trying to do is merge Project Nevada - Rebalance Rebalanced (the one that removes all the new food types so you can use other hardcore needs mods) with everything else, but the problem is that FNVEdit keeps merging the leveled lists from PN Rebalance in with PN:RR, which entirely defeats the purpose of RR's deliberate removal of those items in the first place. Since PN Rebalance is a master for RR, I can't just not load it in, so is there any other way to flag it as "Don't merge this"? Marking it as "hidden" doesn't seem to work - that only changes how conflicts are displayed but it doesn't have an impact on creating merges.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
If you scroll further to the right, you should see that it didn't put it into the merged patch you did. At least, that's what happened on mine. There's just too many mods modifying the leveled lists to show all of them at once.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Node posted:

I've been playing with Nevada Skies for 15 hours and I have yet to see clouds or rain. I'm guessing it's bugged somehow.
Check your ESPs, you may have picked the wrong one for the texture pack you went with. I grabbed the .7 version and have clouds/rain effects in my game, although I've noticed some bugged effects when using Project Nevada's visor effects such as glasses.

Rascyc posted:

What difficulty mode in the NV options should I be using if I'm playing with Project Nevada? Things seem pretty easy at the start on normal, but I know my experience with FWE stated you should always play it on normal.
Requoting myself as I'm still looking for people's opinions on this.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Rascyc posted:

My understanding is that the difficulty levels essentially just apply a multiplier to damage done/taken for yourself and enemies.

I'd stay at normal and tweak the settings in PN to change the difficulty.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Ok, looked over the OP to no answer, and the thread is getting past skimming size, so I'm just going to ask.

How does one rip a character face out of a save game ? I like how my character looks, but I don't feel like recreating the whole face over again.

I've got the GECK installed, what do I need to load and rip out my characters .fg from a save game ?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Mr. Crow posted:

Yea assuming your talking about at night and that you aren't bugged somehow, that's actually the beat thing about Nevada skies. It has realistic and varying nights; no clouds and full moon? It's practically daylight. Somewhat cloudy? You can still see ok but not great. Cloudy and raining? You can see maybe 5 feet in front of you.

No, I'm talking about during the day. Here's an example:
NCRCF, 10am, clear:

NCRCF, 10am, raining:

It looks like it's late evening, the lights are even flickering on and off in the facility because it's so dark. A morning shower should still look bright with clear visibilty conditions. Unless my game's bugged or something, this is what I mean when I say I don't mind very dark nights, but don't want dark days whenever a cloud passes overhead.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Digital_Jesus posted:

Ok, looked over the OP to no answer, and the thread is getting past skimming size, so I'm just going to ask.

How does one rip a character face out of a save game ? I like how my character looks, but I don't feel like recreating the whole face over again.

I've got the GECK installed, what do I need to load and rip out my characters .fg from a save game ?

FaceGen Exchange does that quite easily for you!

On an unrelated note, the ending to Honest Hearts became... a little peculiar this time around.

:stare:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Coughing Hobo posted:

On an unrelated note, the ending to Honest Hearts became... a little peculiar this time around.

That happened to me as well. Has to do with a face mod and then the Authentic Burned
Man, I think.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

Thanks

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Thanks for the graphics mod guide Police Automaton, the film grain really does help a lot.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
That NMC texture pack is pretty awesome.

I'm looking for a mod that will let me give my companions more than just stimpacks to heal them. Antivenom especially. Cazador fights suck and it's stupid I can't apply antivenom to Boone afterwards.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Stokes posted:

Cazador fights suck

Get a silenced .22 SMG and load it with hollow points. It'll kill anything without armor in maybe a second. Completely trivializes cazadors.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

Coughing Hobo posted:

JosephMerrick.esp

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Stokes posted:

That NMC texture pack is pretty awesome.

I'm looking for a mod that will let me give my companions more than just stimpacks to heal them. Antivenom especially. Cazador fights suck and it's stupid I can't apply antivenom to Boone afterwards.

This might be what you're looking for.

quote:

- Companions now use stimpaks, doctor bags, and antivenom
when they need it.

That being said, the other changes make the game a lot more difficult, so beware.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I just installed the NMC pack and for some reason all of the canyon rocks are all glossy. I think I've had this problem before but I can't remember what I did to fix it. Any ideas?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rascyc posted:

(stuff about difficulty settings while using PN)

From personal experience, it's best to leave the difficulty at "Normal". As others have pointed out, the three things this setting effects are: Scale of damage dealt to enemies, scale of damage dealt to you, and some companion variables (charisma and nerve notwithstanding.) At higher difficulty settings, the game really cheeses things in order to challenge you.

If you're hitting level 15 or 16 and finding that things are getting a little too easy, consider tweaking some of PN's many settings. Some things to consider:

1. Endurance Multiplier / Level Multipliers for determining health for both you and NPCs are disabled by default. This means that everybody has the same health at LVL 1 that they do at LVL 40. You might want to re-enable them (at least for NPCs, since their starting health is significantly lower than the player character.) Try an endurance multiplier of 5 or 10, and a level multiplier of 5 or 10.

2. Skill Influence on Weapon Damage is set to 20%, which makes you a veritable killing machine with anything, even if you've got nothing invested in that weapon's particular skill. I have this set to 50%, encouraging you to actually invest points into weapon skills.

3. PN doesn't seem to make changes to creatures, which are dealt a lovely hand with all of the mod's changes. Consider looking into "Creatures Give You Hell" and "Rise of the Machines". These mods significantly buff the HP, DT, Perks, and abilities of enemies to make them more challenging. For example, Super Mutants originally had a HtH DMG of 4 or 5 points, meaning that if you were wearing so much as leather armor, they were doing maybe 1 or 2 points of damage per hit. These mods change this. Super Mutants will wail on you now, and taking down groups of them will require planning and healthy amounts of ordinance.

EDIT: I forgot to put out a disclaimer on the aforementioned mods, though. They can make things really, really difficult. I think the "Rise of the Machines" mod boosts Hardened Sentry Bot Mk2 DT up to 60 points. "Creatures Give You Hell" boosts the HP of Nightkin to 600-800 HP, and Deathclaws to 1100-1500 HP. I toned down some of these settings manually until I found a sweet spot and I would advise you to do the same (if you use them.)

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 11, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Nevermind, is there any effect on your game if you remove and then add a new weather mod on an active save? I want to use this save for quite a while so I don't really want any stuff loving up in the first 45 minutes.

Brace fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 11, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

Nevermind, is there any effect on your game if you remove and then add a new weather mod on an active save? I want to use this save for quite a while so I don't really want any stuff loving up in the first 45 minutes.

Not usually, no.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

From personal experience, it's best to leave the difficulty at "Normal". As others have pointed out, the three things this setting effects are: Scale of damage dealt to enemies, scale of damage dealt to you, and some companion variables (charisma and nerve notwithstanding.) At higher difficulty settings, the game really cheeses things in order to challenge you.
Ah thanks for this. I'll see what things are like when I get to those levels, I was having an extraordinarily easy time very early in the game as everything died in one burst and my companions were tanking everything as if the mod did nothing to make them less durable (I dropped companions since then, they're just nothing but distractions half the time).

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I just fired an entire clip of .308 rounds from This Machine at centre mass in third person at a convict outside of Primm, medium range, maybe 60 feet or so... not even a scratch. She didn't even notice I was shooting at her... and this happens often, like my bullets just disappear as I fire them. :wtc:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Thanks for the graphics mod guide Police Automaton, the film grain really does help a lot.

I should have probably mentioned in my guide that you need the Unified HUD project to make the mods all work nice together. It should be installed at last.

Also the DoF shader is all over the place, I know this. Sadly it wont get better than this right now because the effect is hardcoded in the .dll. I'm not sure if it's possible to add a new DoF shader via effect.txt yet. Upping DOFFocusRange in the enbseries.ini helps with this somewhat.

Also Dynavision uses inbuilt functions of the Fallout engine to provide DoF, frankly I don't think it looks very good though.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 11, 2011

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Brace posted:

I just fired an entire clip of .308 rounds from This Machine at centre mass in third person at a convict outside of Primm, medium range, maybe 60 feet or so... not even a scratch. She didn't even notice I was shooting at her... and this happens often, like my bullets just disappear as I fire them. :wtc:

Are you using the weapon animation replacers? Sometimes this happens to me with revolver guns, but I've never noticed it with rifles. I don't use this machine much, though, so it may do it sometimes. vOv

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chinaman7000 posted:

Wow, want this on a shirt pretty bad. It can go with my badass NCR flag shirt.

This is a bit of a late response, but behold: http://www.splitreason.com/product/1145

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rubbe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOUVlNt3gc&hd=1

I installed as many creepy mods as possible pretty hilarious.

Is ED-E the Vic Viper? Do the options also shoot lasers?

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I am having two problems. Just passed primm and on the way to the ranger outpost before the town with the "lottery" and MoMod is spawning ridiculous creatures that I have no hope against. I got chased by a hellhound all the way to the ranger outpost and watched as it proceeded to murder all of them as "quest failed" messages popped up. Any way to keep the monsters added from the mod but still keeping it from spawning giant gently caress you monsters?

Secondly after successfully installing The Armory as a fomod once I removed it while trying to track down a mod that was crashing on launch. However now when I go to add it again it will lock up FOMM when I attempt to activate it in the package manager. It won't return an error or crash, but it just won't respond to any input and I have to kill the process.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Playing the Requiem for the Captial Wasteland mod, I decided to do the Operation: Anchorage DLC, which works fine...except fact all your companions join you in the computer simulation. Which gave me the smart idea of putting all my items inside ED-E, so I'm running around in the DLC with all my gear and party...and franky it makes this pretty bah DLC fun. Only annoyance when it teleports your character, as it strips all your equipment, requiring a quick trip to ED-E.

Anyway, here a few pictures from my time in so far. (people in the picture are my character, ED-E, Cass, and Charon wearing the metal armor and Hazmat darklight cowl from Old World Blues)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is that one of the default hairstyles on your character?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That is added by Lings. Damned if I can tell you what the hair's name is, there's so many.

Lywinis
Nov 5, 2007

I can bench more than you.
Out of curiosity, are there any more recommended quest mods besides the ones in the OP? If I had my way, I would traipse around the Mojave forever. :allears:

(I really liked New Vegas Bounties I, as a native Mississippian, the description of my post apocalyptic home state pleased me.)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Schubalts posted:

That is added by Lings. Damned if I can tell you what the hair's name is, there's so many.

It's called "Shaggy Shock", which I believe is near the end of the list for Lings. Almost 3/4 of the hairs from Lings suck, as they are too anime or too plastic to use, but this one was just right.

Also I saw somewhere a way to stop the game from locking up whenever you exit the game, but I don't remember if it was this thread or the regular New Vegas thread.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I figure this is the best place to ask about something like this since my game is more modded out than most pro baseball guys are jacked on steroids: My cpu is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3ghz. Could that be contributing to crashes? My graphics card is awesome (nvidia gtx 480) and I'm happy with it but I know the cpu isn't so hot. The motherboard is also not as awesome as the card. Could these factors contribute to the frequent crashing I seem to be experiencing?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

Is ED-E the Vic Viper? Do the options also shoot lasers?

As much as I wish it was, it's not. :sigh:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

THF13 posted:

Secondly after successfully installing The Armory as a fomod once I removed it while trying to track down a mod that was crashing on launch. However now when I go to add it again it will lock up FOMM when I attempt to activate it in the package manager. It won't return an error or crash, but it just won't respond to any input and I have to kill the process.

It extracts to be nearly 5GB. Give it time. Install it and walk away if you have to. Or just download the manual 7z... but give it time first to see.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Hey guys, I just got New Vegas a few weeks ago and just found out about the mod scene about a week ago. Been playing around with some stuff including URWLNV, only to discover this thread and find out it's been obsoleted by being put into Nevada Skies. Nevada Skies looks great for me, except for one glaring flaw that suddenly appeared and has been bothering me ever since:

Can anyone explain to me why it might be doing this? I do believe that I installed Nevada Skies (URWLNV Edition) correctly and I've made sure no other such mods are loaded at the same time.

On an unrelated note, I'm working on creating my own radio station using vintage electronic music from the 50s and 60s and I'm wondering if there's any handy references out there to radio scripting. So far between the official editing wiki and the New Vegas Nexus, I've come up empty handed. Basically what I'm looking to do is find a way to make the station play a different set of music at night so I can make the creepier tunes of the bunch play at night. GECK looks like it should have a way to do it but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it.

EDIT: Actually, looks like the installation instructions on the download page confused me. According to the included readme, I also need the cloudpack because apparently the ones I got were the wrong ones or something. Downloading this and hopefully fixing my problem.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 11, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

vandalism posted:

I figure this is the best place to ask about something like this since my game is more modded out than most pro baseball guys are jacked on steroids: My cpu is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3ghz. Could that be contributing to crashes? My graphics card is awesome (nvidia gtx 480) and I'm happy with it but I know the cpu isn't so hot. The motherboard is also not as awesome as the card. Could these factors contribute to the frequent crashing I seem to be experiencing?

I'd look at your load order and lack of a 4GB enabler before I'd start blaming your CPU / mobo.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Same problem with western skies here, I've seen this pop up more than once. It appears to be a problem with the mod itself since nobody here seems to have come up with a solution.

I just decided to stop using it and use Project Reality instead, which has it's own problems right now, but the next update may fix them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'd look at your load order and lack of a 4GB enabler before I'd start blaming your CPU / mobo.

I use the 4gb loader and BOSS :sigh:

Aside from that, yeah there are about 20 unrecognized esps that BOSS has no suggestions for. Is there any standard convention when ordering added items/cosmetic stuff like hair conversions/The Armory etc? Or do I need to get good at stuff like wrye bash? Because that thing is confusing as heck.

Gonna quit complaining and mess with my load order here. I know I can fix my problems if I take the time and do it right.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 11, 2011