Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just did my first 4v4 matchmaking! it's pretty cool, but it took forever to get a match-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i just did my first 4v4 matchmaking! it's pretty cool, but it took forever to get a match-up.

Doubt many people have reached it yet

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

almost beat the boss... before I homeward boned it the hell out of there! no way I want to beat this sucker just yet, I gotta savor it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the big thing w/ the new PVP is the password system, which seems like it will enable the MLG style 1v1 combat that i absolutely cannot understand the appeal of, but apparently is what a lot of people want.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I hope it doesn't take forever to farm a black knight axe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

the first one i found is c/e str/dex so idk

guess I should keep exploring the snowy area at the beginning, I died one time to the bigass wolf and then on my return found a different path and never went back

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Why do the big rear end wolves die at half health. Idgi

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

please stop casually spoiling poo poo thanks

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

No one has spoiled anything..?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

Lol cool adding TDM to this game would be badass

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Lol cool adding TDM to this game would be badass

King of the hill would be fun if people were constantly spawning in

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

a gay man's rear end

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

01011001 posted:

a gay man's rear end

:eyepop:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
in vaati voice: who's rear end is this? what does it portend for the cycle of light and dark? is the souls story really just about gay asses? let me know in the comments.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

a gay man's rear end

:mrgw:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

streaming this. twitch.tv/bn03. i am a litle lost lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

omg this boss

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

There's snow on this bitch. The final boss is the ghost of Christmas past

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

rediscover posted:

There's snow on this bitch. The final boss is the ghost of Christmas past

Only registered members can see post attachments!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this may very well be the hardest souls boss ever, including Kos

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I beat it on the 3rd try.

Second Phase can be staggered savage hit pretty easily

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah the second phase is really easy and quick, just focus on the big dude and he'll stagger quickly.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the dawning realization of what all the gross poo poo actually is hit me like a minute before i found the npc that actually kind of explains it all to you. it's such a loving cool but obvious concept

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its probably a lot harder cause im doing a no shield run and im still at lv. 69 (big lols) with +6 weps lmao

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'd say sl 70 - 80 is about the perfect zone to play it at. 60 is too soon and 90+ is too late. just the feeling i got after probing it with my level 60 guy and then beating it with my level 100 guy

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

its probably a lot harder cause im doing a no shield run and im still at lv. 69 (big lols) with +6 weps lmao

Yeah your lack of higher + weapons is an issue.

The DLC has chunks and Slabs if you wanna explore other areas of it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah im gonna go kill yhorm and complete lothric and come back to it to shred everything i havent explored

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a +10 weapon at lvl 80 seemed just about right. i can't really gently caress up too much or i'll die, but stuff is still dying in a reasonable amount of hits.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My guy is probably OP for it because most enemies die in one hit but I don't have that much health and I'll try it at a lower level with my dex/int guy.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Soral posted:

i'd say sl 70 - 80 is about the perfect zone to play it at. 60 is too soon and 90+ is too late. just the feeling i got after probing it with my level 60 guy and then beating it with my level 100 guy

the name of the man you were probing?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

my character's name is XxXWeedEasterXxX and sometimes when i invade people they slowly walk up to me and keep eating grass

Soral
May 30, 2009

Benny D posted:

my boyfriend, john

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

my character's name is XxXWeedEasterXxX and sometimes when i invade people they slowly walk up to me and keep eating grass
Gnarly.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

It's definitely doable for a low level build, but there's a lot of moves to memorize. Such a sick fight tho

bokealoke
Nov 10, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah the second phase is really easy and quick, just focus on the big dude and he'll stagger quickly.

This is really good advice.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can we start gushing now I think all 5 of us that post here have played it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't finish it yet but I will tomorrow morning probably, it seems pretty short.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd guess i'm 50% done. i just found the knight NPC in the church after the corvian town, but stopped there.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'd guess i'm 50% done. i just found the knight NPC in the church after the corvian town, but stopped there.

He wrecked me but I think I was too low or something.

The wolf packa are really excellent, the way they circle you & trade
Off is amazing even if they aren't very hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i had 0 estus left, so i boned out. i might play for a bit tomorrow morning, but haven't had a chance at all today.

• Locked thread