Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Wait for genji to go on someone and then jump him as winston. Winston is pretty good for making flankers' lives hell if you wait til they've committed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Broken Cog posted:

Any good counters to a decent Genji other than going Mccree like a scumbag?

Winston. His leap gives him the mobility to keep up with Genji and unless he gets point-blank headshots, you should be able to drop him before he drops you.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Blowing up people's stats obsession and making matches relatively bite sized are the two smartest things Blizzard did in this game. Me and the wife usually don't buy anything without couch multi but it's been fun enough switching off and picking the other persons hero for them.

Yeah but we still need couch multi!
I asked my housemate if he wanted to play but he said it looked too cartoony and kiddy.

He's 31.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Widowmaker's gun should have a 98% chance to backfire and shoot herself in the face

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this weekly brawl is kinda lame

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I don't know how or why, but putting a level 2 Torj's turret on one of the moving platforms on the second half of the Russian defense map seems like a great way to screw with the attacking team for a good minute or so.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Broken Cog posted:

Any good counters to a decent Genji other than going Mccree like a scumbag?

Hard counters:
- McCree if you can land flashbangs
- Winston, all the time
- Mei when the ground is flat

Soft counters:
- Pharah, if you're good at aiming. Can't reflect poo poo that hits you from above and you can keep up with him climbing poo poo
- Tracer, but only on flat maps and you gotta git gud

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

LegoMan posted:

Torb is the best fighter I'll fight anyone who disagrees

This is correct so there will be no one to fight.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

A pile of 76s relies on having all of them alive to just put out damage, so anything that disrupts that is going to really give them trouble. A decent sniper can 1-shot them, then you also have your tanks both go winston. 3 of your guys now are countering their entire team, if the rest of your team shows up at all you'll win.

Most big gimmick comps are like this, you just need to look at why that setup works and disrupt it. A stack of any hero is going to get crushed by 2-3 people going the right choices, and the rest of their team doing basically anything.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Meis know to icewall the attacker door when the round starts but hanzos still haven't figured out that they should sonic arrow the door 10s before the round starts.

I started playing mei and she is really good at being an rear end in a top hat on koth maps. I always see meis blocking an enemy push with the wall, but when my team was holding I'd drop the ice wall in the middle of an enemy push through a choke to split them up so we could focus down whoever was on the wrong side. Also I kept dying to bastions while trying to drop an icewall in front of them.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Gave Zarya a try after reading this thread. She loving owns. I am a member of the lesbian weight lifter fanclub.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Okay, Soldier 76 is pretty fun. Shame his skins are so bland.

Also pretending to be overreacting to POTG where people just hit Q is probably one of my favorite traditions in Overwatch now.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Theta Zero posted:

Okay, Soldier 76 is pretty fun. Shame his skins are so bland.

Also pretending to be overreacting to POTG where people just hit Q is probably one of my favorite traditions in Overwatch now.

The best 76 skins are the default one, the golden one, and the two stundrider ones.
The other ones aren't colorful enough. Especially the boring 1000-gold "badass camo" ones, they suck :colbert:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I just heard Zenyatta's "On fire" line for the first time.

He is too good and pure to exist in this world

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I am on fire. And yet, an extinguisher is not needed.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Zenyatta is truly a cinnamon roll

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Count Chocula posted:

Yeah but we still need couch multi!
I asked my housemate if he wanted to play but he said it looked too cartoony and kiddy.

He's 31.

So am I lol

But yeah if this had splitscreen I'd probably lose my job

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

whatspeakyou posted:

Gave Zarya a try after reading this thread. She loving owns. I am a member of the lesbian weight lifter fanclub.

Why is she a lesbian?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I just unboxed Zenyatta's Ifirt skin, maybe I shoul-

Zenyatta Dies

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Lady Naga posted:

Why is she a lesbian?

According to some people, she looks "butch," or just very masculine.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

LMAO Zarya is definitely a lesbian you guys.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Theta Zero posted:

According to some people, she looks "butch," or just very masculine.

I thought attraction to women made you a lesbian, not your physical appearance. Silly me.

fadam posted:

LMAO Zarya is definitely a lesbian you guys.
According to the internet all the Overwatch women are lesbians (and most of the dudes are gay too)

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I'm finding pubs I'm in are over the 'pick two snipers' phase, but are now obsessed with 'we'll use one sniper and two flankers', which leaves the front line push so anemic that then there's no actual flank. It seems even less successful than two snipers.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Lady Naga posted:

I am very sorry for whatever personal infraction that I have caused you by expressing my opinion that being a dick to people for no reason isn't a cool or good thing to do and I hope we can bury the hatchet at some point.

You repeatedly misread a very basic conversation topic, then was a dick (several times!) to someone when they clarified for you. Retreating to the holier-than-thou ground that you yourself staked out earlier is perhaps not quite the height of irony, but certainly a high balcony.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

They did say something about how one of the heroes is officially gay, but... I'm calling it a 90% chance they'll be one of the women, because marketing.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I've got the awesome Ziggy Stardust style spray for Zarya.
She's a beast, though I can't seem to use her ult right, I guess I need to coordinate with teammates. Black hole + Tracer's bomb must be devastating.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Brannock posted:

You repeatedly misread a very basic conversation topic, then was a dick (several times!) to someone when they clarified for you. Retreating to the holier-than-thou ground that you yourself staked out earlier is perhaps not quite the height of irony, but certainly a high balcony.

Where was I a dick?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Regalingualius posted:

They did say something about how one of the heroes is officially gay, but... I'm calling it a 90% chance they'll be one of the women, because marketing.

I hope it's Bastion.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Manatee Cannon posted:

this weekly brawl is kinda lame

I expected to not like it, but it's fun as hell. There should be more maps though, I get it's thematic, but still.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I played some Overwatch with Lady Naga and some other random goons last night and he was a pretty cool guy

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Theta Zero posted:

I hope it's Bastion.

Bastion fucks the bird. Similarily, Junkrat is married to his job.

EMC posted:

I played some Overwatch with Lady Naga and some other random goons last night and he was a pretty cool guy

I'm a she.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lady Naga posted:

I thought attraction to women made you a lesbian, not your physical appearance. Silly me.

According to the internet all the Overwatch women are lesbians (and most of the dudes are gay too)

And for some reason, everyone is polyamorous.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

She was a pretty cool guy

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

EMC posted:

She was a pretty cool guy

I am actually incredibly lame but thank you anyway.

I'm sorry I didn't get to play more games later but I took a long-rear end trip downtown and came home incredibly tired, hopefully I'll be able to set aside the time to fully poopsock the game soon.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Every now and then you get to be on the delivering end of a hilarious "OH poo poo!" moment with this game. I had a Junkrat (with pocket Mercy) flank the team and then meathook me...right as I entered Tank mode as Bastion. It did not end well for him.

I then upvoted him at the end of the match for chainhook accuracy. :v:

DOOT-DEET-DOOT-DEEEET!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh God, it feels like I'm getting matched against premades 24/7 while my team couldn't hit the broad side of a fuckin' castle.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Headshotted the same guy twice as Widowmaker as he rounded the corner on Hollywood. He came back as a Widowmaker himself to give me some of my own medicine but I won both sniper duels. He let me know I was reported for hacking.

:feelsgood:

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Sanctum posted:

Meis know to icewall the attacker door when the round starts but hanzos still haven't figured out that they should sonic arrow the door 10s before the round starts.

So I have been trying to get less bad as Hanzo - is this a hard and fast rule? I usually try to rush to the start and drop a sonic arrow on the main gate around 25 seconds to go so I can drop a fully charged sonic arrow through the gate right as it opens in the hope of tagging someone with it.

Keeping sonic arrow at maximum uptime seems like a huge thing for Hanzo because it's the only way to really support your team outside of killin dudes. How aggressive should I be about tagging people with it vs. just keeping an eye on a back door?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dias posted:

Oh God, it feels like I'm getting matched against premades 24/7 while my team couldn't hit the broad side of a fuckin' castle.

Play with your friends Lady Naga and Assorted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

it's roadhog

look at his fabulous nails