Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's not head-droppy enough to be either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a sit out inverted fireman's carry takeover, obviously.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

It's a sit out inverted fireman's carry takeover, obviously.

(with theatrics)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No spoilers for the ITV tapings yet?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its a reverse cradle shock (hail sabin)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Reverse means the opposite motion. The same motion with the opponent flipped over is called inverted.

I can't believe you made that mistake.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

His promo on TV this week was not car crash bad so he has improved.

Also, nothing to do with these tapings specifically but I was told that Venessa Bourne is going to be pushed huge in the near future.

This is really funny considering she doesn't even know how to take an elbow drop

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like a street fight is literally a downgrade, stakes-wise, from an unsanctioned match. Like, it's going backwards.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I feel like a street fight is literally a downgrade, stakes-wise, from an unsanctioned match. Like, it's going backwards.

Now do it again, but legally!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
bro have u tried wrestling.........in jeans??!!?!?!??!?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If they don't wear jeans for the street fight then this whole feud will have been totally pointless

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No weapon spot they do in a street fight is gonna be better than the stuff they did with the brace and the crutch. It'll probably still be great but continuing to run this feud is the absolute definition of diminishing returns and I really don't get it. If Johnny wins, okay, so what? Beating Ciampa the first time didn't get rid of him. If Ciampa wins, well, gently caress you, that's a terrible idea.

It'll still be a great match, but it doesn't make any sense.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

feud peaked imo

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

feud peaked imo

I don't think there's any debate. You're absolutely right.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't think there's any debate. You're absolutely right.

I don't agree, nor do I agree with the sentiment that going from Unsanctioned to Street Fight is a step backward. The booking is commiserate to the stakes. Johnny was wrestling for his career as well as to settle the score in the Unsanctioned match, it had to be a stipulation that was in line with the gravity of the situation, not to mention the one-year build. Unsanctioned is on the very short list of gimmicks that are fitting for that. Now they're only fighting for the personal score.

Their feud should continue because it makes sense storywise for it to continue. Ciampa as a character certainly hasn't learned anything or given up his hatred, he has no reason to stop trying to destroy Gargano. The only things that would logically pull him away are a title shot or a callup, and the former would have made no sense because he lost to Johnny.

Think back to Hogan vs Andre. Was their match at Mania 3 the end of that feud even though it was the obvious climax of the story and there was no real way to escalate things from there? No, and it worked out fine all the way into Mania 4 (which is a bad show and all, but Hogan and Andre's part in it makes perfect sense)

Now, that's not to say this isn't a relative downbeat in the long-game of Ciampa vs Gargano. But then they didn't blow up any Death Stars in Empire either. This isn't to imply Ciampa should win the Street Fight, but it is to imply that if you're telling a longer narrative and the stakes are so high in one part of the story, you have to pull back and take things to a personal level before you can re-escalate again. Going "backwards," for this part is in fact GOOD writing assuming there is a third act. NXT has more than earned the benefit of the doubt in this I think.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I seriously thought the only logical way the feud could have went, and the way the first episodes set it up, was that Ciampa and Gargano would face Aleister Black for the NXT title.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

KungFu Grip posted:

This is really funny considering she doesn't even know how to take an elbow drop

But have you considered that her themesong is really really good?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

But have you considered that her themesong is really really good?

literally couldn't tell you what her theme is

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

KungFu Grip posted:

literally couldn't tell you what her theme is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFdFsAuuJtE

Let da blud flo~

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

theme bad

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

You're bad :mad:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

KungFu Grip posted:

I seriously thought the only logical way the feud could have went, and the way the first episodes set it up, was that Ciampa and Gargano would face Aleister Black for the NXT title.

That's Act III. This feud just feels like it's been going on for a while because of the Ciampa injury. But they've only had one match against each other, which was unsanctioned so it doesn't count as a loss against Ciampa. So, in theory, this is the first official NXT match they're having, and knowing the backstory of the performers, no way you'd be able to get them to settle things in a one on one regular match. Whoever wins this, also in theory, will be next to challenge for the championship since it will be an official win in a high profile match at a Takeover.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Strawberry Panda posted:

That's Act III. This feud just feels like it's been going on for a while because of the Ciampa injury. But they've only had one match against each other, which was unsanctioned so it doesn't count as a loss against Ciampa. So, in theory, this is the first official NXT match they're having, and knowing the backstory of the performers, no way you'd be able to get them to settle things in a one on one regular match. Whoever wins this, also in theory, will be next to challenge for the championship since it will be an official win in a high profile match at a Takeover.

Ciampa wins this one, setting them up in a rubber match... that also loops in Aleister so it's a triple threat for the title. Boom, there's your TakeOver Brooklyn IV Main Event.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Kvantum posted:

Ciampa wins this one, setting them up in a rubber match... that also loops in Aleister so it's a triple threat for the title. Boom, there's your TakeOver Brooklyn IV Main Event.

I'd do Ciampa wins and goes on to become NXT champion, and at the same time Johnny wins some kind of tournament and gets a guaranteed title shot. I feel like it makes more sense to pause the feud if Ciampa has the last win, since he's the obsessed one, I could buy Johnny swallowing the loss and focusing on the title. This probably doesn't work timeline-wise, tho.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Feud should have ended after the last match. It was the perfect ending to the story, but of course WWE is going to ruin it by dragging it on way longer than they should have

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well Johnny you beat me and even though the feud wasn't about who's better I guess that means I'm not your enemy anymore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Well Johnny you beat me and even though the feud wasn't about who's better I guess that means I'm not your enemy anymore.

Uhhhhh, it kinda was?

The crutch wasn't just literal, y'know.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

You're bad :mad:

He's right sorry. It sounds like poo poo in the chorus and is thus bad.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is this the theme for a CW show about vampires

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Uhhhhh, it kinda was?

The crutch wasn't just literal, y'know.

It was about Ciampa being in love with Johnny.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is this the theme for a CW show about vampires

No, but you could probably put it in the Rebel Galaxy Soundtrack no problem.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good lord this is awful

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Sounds a bit like Clutch so I dig that theme and I actually think theres a lot of upside to Borne even though she's still green.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Feud should have ended after the last match. It was the perfect ending to the story, but of course WWE is going to ruin it by dragging it on way longer than they should have

Are you afraid the match is going to suck or something? Johnny and Ciampa are going to tell a whole new story in that match and it'll be awesome.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i feel like its going to either be the same exact match or one thats worse

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

i feel like its going to either be the same exact match or one thats worse

Which will still be really good!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cheapens the whole feud and takes the shine off the last match. Should have moved on but of course WWE beats a dead horse into pulp and kills anything that has heat

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Cheapens the whole feud and takes the shine off the last match. Should have moved on but of course WWE beats a dead horse into pulp and kills anything that has heat

Eh can't really disagree that doing round 2 so soon after round 1 feels like a misstep. Sort of like how WWE rushed Punk vs. Cena 2 for Summerslam when it needed a month or so to simmer and build.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

Which will still be really good!

That doesn't mean it's not dumb to immediately run the match again with fewer stakes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the last match proved that gargano was the better wrestler. the better sports entertainer though? that title is still up for grabs.