Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

TIL that SA either has an app or a compact mobile view.

Fifty Three posted:

gently caress, I always forget that avatars are a thing and that I have one. I always have 'em turned off.

It's how I tell people apart in here... When someone swaps up their avatar, I'm always thrown for a loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

kayakyakr posted:

awful app on android is pretty good.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

vyst posted:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a Home and Home in the same season lol

holy poo poo thank you i was staring at that for so long

what the hell?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Real Name Grover posted:

Notice anything strange about NMSU's schedule? That's not an error.

Did they have to get a waiver from the NCAA for this, or is there no rule against it to begin with?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Normally I'd be pulling for the Rainbow Warriors this weekend but instead I'm all GO MIKE BOBO'S FIGHTING RAMS! CO STATE BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

It's how I tell people apart in here... When someone swaps up their avatar, I'm always thrown for a loop.

Awful app rules. Ignore your co-workers right in front of their faces by pretending to look at important emails.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Awful app rules. Ignore your co-workers right in front of their faces by pretending to look at important emails.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Real Name Grover posted:

Notice anything strange about NMSU's schedule? That's not an error.

Home and home with Liberty is rock bottom scheduling.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

MourningView posted:

I respect NMSU desperately clinging to FBS as an independent but there is no way it goes well

Remember when the athletic department asked fans/alumni to donate snacks to the team? God that was depressing

Secondhand story here: One of my best friends went to grad school at NMSU from 2009-12, a decision he's still .... yeah. He went to one Aggie football game — if memory serves, it was against one of Boise State's better teams — and at halftime, the NMSU marching band was introduced as "THE MOST DANGEROUS MARCHING BAND IN THE NATION"

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 24, 2018

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

I've posted exclusively via the awful app on iOS for like two years

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

kayakyakr posted:

It was the same for me for years but I finally had to turn avatars off I'd like to be able to read the forums outside the privacy of the masturbatorium

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The talk about NMSU reminded me that Idaho dropped down. Wonder how they're going to fare in the Big Sky? I'd imagine they'd be in the upper third, but not necessarily an instant powerhouse or anything. Are they anywhere approaching top 25 in FCS? Should be an interesting test case.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe Liberty and NMSU could carve out a niche as de facto FCS opponents for the Big Ten.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

General Dog posted:

Maybe Liberty and NMSU could carve out a niche as de facto FCS opponents for the Big Ten.

They already have Rutgers and Maryland for that

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

MyStereoHasMono posted:

a ~top 3 coach in the country

My overall memory of it is somewhat fuzzy, but Tressel's tenure makes up the majority of the time in which I actually liked OSU football and my lasting memory of him (aside from the 2002 Fiesta Bowl) is he could steamroll a schedule made up of rent-a-wins and a largely awful Big Ten only to be average on the big stage. He got bitchslapped in two straight BCS title games (the first of which, ironically, to Urban Meyer) and his record in Bowls is .600, but may be less depending on who you talk to if you include the 2011 Sugar Bowl REDACTED.

Here's the run:
2001 L Outback
2002 W Fiesta (BCS NCG)
2003 W Fiesta†
2004 W Alamo
2005 W Fiesta†
2006 L BCS NCG†
2007 L BCS NCG†
2008 L Fiesta†
2009 W Rose†
2010 W (V) Sugar Bowl†

e- 2003 Fiesta Bowl representing the 2002 season is the exception, the 2OT thriller.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 24, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I mean that Miami team he beat for his title would have gone down as like a top 5-10 team of all time if they'd won, that's a pretty big game!

DJExile posted:

Maryland is fine when they aren't playing a literal linebacker at QB. Or was I guess we'll see what happens there. Either way this is disrespectful to Illinois

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DJExile posted:

Maryland isn't bad per se, just completely outmatched.

Rutgers is bad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

The talk about NMSU reminded me that Idaho dropped down. Wonder how they're going to fare in the Big Sky? I'd imagine they'd be in the upper third, but not necessarily an instant powerhouse or anything. Are they anywhere approaching top 25 in FCS? Should be an interesting test case.

They were a I-AA playoff team before they moved up, I think they'll be okay. Outside of like two years they were way overmatched at FBS, this makes a lot more sense for them. Schools in that general region tend to do pretty well in FCS because it's such a pain on the rear end for FBS teams to scout and a lot of legit talent can fall through the cracks.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I love that 2006 National Championship game so much. That Florida team barely squeeked in to the title game by five hundredths of a BCS point. About half of the talking heads were clamoring for a Michigan-Ohio State rematch instead, and all of the talking heads had Ohio State easily winning. I was convinced Florida had no chance, considering they lost a game and had something like eight wins by single digits including barely escaping a bad Vanderbilt team and a mediocre South Carolina team. Then Ohio State had one of the worst performances I've ever seen in a championship game in any sport.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I respect NMSU.

They're just treading water until Grand Canyon University starts a football team and they can be a conference.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
lol @ that retard sad about his spotless rap sheet

if u aren't getting probed for ur posts you aren't posting. TGE TRUTH

role tide

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

an adult beverage posted:

I love that 2006 National Championship game so much. That Florida team barely squeeked in to the title game by five hundredths of a BCS point. About half of the talking heads were clamoring for a Michigan-Ohio State rematch instead, and all of the talking heads had Ohio State easily winning. I was convinced Florida had no chance, considering they lost a game and had something like eight wins by single digits including barely escaping a bad Vanderbilt team and a mediocre South Carolina team. Then Ohio State had one of the worst performances I've ever seen in a championship game in any sport.

Oh god, that possible Ohio St.-Michigan title rematch that ESPN was jacking off about transitioning right to OSU getting run out of the stadium. That was a good time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ohio State lost to *checks notes* Chris Leak.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I thought the only Florida won was if it was a low scoring defensive game won in the last few minutes. Did not expect to absolutely clown them like that.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Scionix posted:

lol @ that retard sad about his spotless rap sheet

if u aren't getting probed for ur posts you aren't posting. TGE TRUTH

role tide

*links you to my rap sheet* Wanna know how I got these scars?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I will cancel my Pac-12 fandom if NMSU, UTEP, Grand Canyon University and Hawaii can just join the same conference. I guess you could let BYU join too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

When Ginn returned that opening kickoff I thought the route was on. Then UF methodically went on a 34-0 run. lol

UF is second on that list w the 96 Fiesta Bowl tho.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Hey Emron remember that national championship game last year

And the year before that

And the year before that

And in 2012

And in 2011

And in 2009

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hot drat did I hate that 2006 Florida team. Portrayed as some dominant force by the Urban-loving talking heads, and yet they won every game like 20-14.

That said.

They lost to Auburn, who had to seethe impotently when the Gators made the natty anyway because the Plainsmen were too busy patting their own backs and politicking to see a UGA asskicking coming their way. Something that would never happen ever again ever. So that was funny.

'08 Florida's the drat truth, though.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Scionix posted:

Hey Emron remember that national championship game last year

And the year before that

And the year before that

And in 2012

And in 2011

And in 2009

Of all of that, my favorite game I've ever watched Alabama play was the SECCG ending with Mark Ingram gator chomping on the sideline and Urban Meyer faking an infarction to run off to OSU. The whole thing was some Conan the Barbarian poo poo

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The 2009 SECCG is the drunkest I've ever been watching a game.

2009 UGA/SCAR is the second. I sure can pick 'em.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lol they changed the police report

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Rick posted:

I will cancel my Pac-12 fandom if NMSU, UTEP, Grand Canyon University and Hawaii can just join the same conference. I guess you could let BYU join too.

Bring back the WAC!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

Same. I stumbled out into the streets of Tuscaloosa after and could hear the primal howls of joy from blocks away.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

Hot drat did I hate that 2006 Florida team. Portrayed as some dominant force by the Urban-loving talking heads, and yet they won every game like 20-14.

That said.

They lost to Auburn, who had to seethe impotently when the Gators made the natty anyway because the Plainsmen were too busy patting their own backs and politicking to see a UGA asskicking coming their way. Something that would never happen ever again ever. So that was funny.

'08 Florida's the drat truth, though.

We watched different seasons. Everyone poo poo on the Gators in favor of literally anyone else except Gary Danielson, who actually made a fair comparison of the gutless B1G schedule that year and how UF had beaten a lot of much better teams.

And whaddayaknow, they fuckin murdered the dominant force in CFB that year and poo poo on the corpse.

Also 08 UF was ridonk. That defense. :swoon:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I think the UGA vs. Tech game where it was the introduction to Hutson "Noodle Arm" Mason after Murray had an exploded ACL versus kentucky, I don't remember a whole lot other than Todd Gurley was a grown-rear end man.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

Ohio State lost to *checks notes* Chris Leak.

Chris Leak was good

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
2009 Florida was a great team, too. It just got overconfident and was stomped by a hungry, talented Alabama team.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It's locked so I can't bump it but Here's the prediction thread from last season to enjoy on the last day before the first gameday thread of 2018.

I did not predict that Iowa State would beat Oklahoma in 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

2009 Florida was a great team, too. It just got overconfident and was stomped by a hungry, talented Alabama team.

Steve Addazio, mediocre play-caller didn’t help.

• Locked thread