Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Ok, that's kind of funny.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Driver steps out and he's like one of those living statue people in silver paint and polygon'd face

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Polygonal codpiece.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Looks like it's 3D printed, that thing ain't gonna survive long attached the way it is. Wont be long until it breaks free and ricochets into the windshield of whoever is driving behind that shitbox.

Edit: it's a wireless chastity belt.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Edit: it's a wireless chastity belt.

That's an incel (and their camino), yes

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

8 bit scrote

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Hey, what happened to the Roadster Mk.II? Tesla took >$100m in down payments pre-pandemic and there's not even a whiff of one entering preproduction

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

Hey, what happened to the Roadster Mk.II? Tesla took >$100m in down payments pre-pandemic and there's not even a whiff of one entering preproduction

Elon's greatest achievement is turning the general public into VC funders

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

wesleywillis posted:

Yo terrible car stuff thread.

What do y'all think is the worst car name ever.
Besides "cyber truckkkkk"?

I vote for Subaru B9 Tribeca

Toyota bZ4X (and yes, that's Toyota's capitalization) AKA, "busy forks".

Muscle Tracer posted:

for my money it's gotta be the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Jailbreak

i'm always befuddled by names like "Tacoma" though. like, what does that town evoke in the mind of the average car buyer?

Then you must really be confused by Chevy & GMC's truck naming.
Tahoe, Cheyenne, Sierra, Cheyenne, Yukon, Acadia, and of course Denali everything.
Buick Rainier, too.

Most of them are to evoke manly lumberjack rough country backwoods things, of course. As you drive around the mall and Starbucks.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Awaiting the release Ram Bareback

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Darchangel posted:

Denali everything.

Say hello to the GMC Denali road bike, known for (and to my knowledge, the only bike to have ever done this) the fact that they put grip shifters on a road bike.

Now you might say, how on earth did they get grip shifters on a set of road handlebars? Easy peasy, the handlebars split in half and are held together by the stem :psyduck:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Now you might say, how on earth did they get grip shifters on a set of road handlebars? Easy peasy, the handlebars split in half and are held together by the stem :psyduck:

Jesus Christ, terrible bike stuff

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The Door Frame posted:

That's Elon's pocket money fund but I think I read the actual project was shelved along with the cheap (30-40k) Tesla because he wants to get into self driving taxis.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn’t he give a a good couple of those roadsters away for free from their tesla referral links which all the big YouTubers obviously used their positions to get one?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

because he wants to get into self driving taxis.

According to Elon bootlickers online, this was a lie put out by Reuters (because it made the stock go down) and the cheapo Tesla is still coming as announced at earnings (naturally, this is true because it made the stock go up)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Tesla because he wants to get into self driving taxis.

Much like the sign you see at any random bar that says "Free drinks tomorrow", every day is the day that self driving cars are 5 years away.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Darchangel posted:

Toyota bZ4X (and yes, that's Toyota's capitalization) AKA, "busy forks".

Tahoe, Cheyenne, Sierra, Cheyenne, Yukon, Acadia, and of course Denali everything.
Buick Rainier, too.

Most of them are to evoke manly lumberjack rough country backwoods things, of course. As you drive around the mall and Starbucks.

I can imagine, like, Sierra = mountain, Yukon = cold wilderness, Denali = cool mountain. But like, "third-most-populous city in Washington" is not a connotation i understand.

KakerMix posted:

Tacoma isn't sold in Japan, that's an Americas only vehicle. ~Tacoma~ is a native name for Mt. Rainier, presumably what the town is named after. Ergo OVERLANDING BIG TRUCK WIDDLE LADDER

Of all the mountains in the world, why pick the one that is mainly known as the name of a large town?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Muscle Tracer posted:

Of all the mountains in the world, why pick the one that is mainly known as the name of a large town?

Can't speak for anyone else, but when I hear the name Tacoma I visualize the car. I forget the town exists for years at a time.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Awaiting the release Ram Bareback

Ram Brokeback

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Darchangel posted:

Buick Rainier, too.

They should do a Chevy Spokane that comes with free meth

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Can't speak for anyone else, but when I hear the name Tacoma I visualize the car. I forget the town exists for years at a time.

Speaking personally I think of Mt. Rainier, but then I'm a mountain nerd

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Muscle Tracer posted:

I can imagine, like, Sierra = mountain, Yukon = cold wilderness, Denali = cool mountain. But like, "third-most-populous city in Washington" is not a connotation i understand.

I know that Hilux means High Luxury, and I definitely think about the highest luxury on the market, not dirt roads or technicals

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's mostly confusing to people that have spent time in Tacoma. It would be like naming the truck the Toyota Trenton, or Toyota Toledo.

Chris Knight posted:

They should do a Chevy Spokane that comes with free meth

Yeah, kinda like that.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Data Graham posted:

mountain nerd

is that a nerd who lives in the wilderness of the frontier?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wish

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lmao $200k to navigate Milwaukee's 3rd Ward

https://www.apocalypse6x6.com

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Scratch Monkey posted:

Ram Brokeback

RAM RANCH edition

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

It's dangerous there. All the people at the restaurants, theaters, and art galleries will stare!

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Adding to Tacoma Chat:

Tacoma was infamous in the area as one of the smelliest cities around due in part to its paper mill and rendering plant. Everytime you would drive by on I5 you would get a mighty whiff of that nastiness. They are trying to clean it up now, but for decades that place smelled of rotten eggs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aroma_of_Tacoma

Really does show that whoever suggested the name for the Toyota truck really never even been there.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Solar Coaster posted:

Adding to Tacoma Chat:

Tacoma was infamous in the area as one of the smelliest cities around due in part to its paper mill and rendering plant. Everytime you would drive by on I5 you would get a mighty whiff of that nastiness. They are trying to clean it up now, but for decades that place smelled of rotten eggs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aroma_of_Tacoma

Really does show that whoever suggested the name for the Toyota truck really never even been there.

They should name their next truck Kaukauna and keep the tradition alive.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Muscle Tracer posted:

Oh, I get it - it's just in fun.
I forgot the Colorado. There's also the Canyon, but that's more of a generic land feature.

Data Graham posted:

Speaking personally I think of Mt. Rainier, but then I'm a mountain nerd

Oh, you mean the Buick crossover, right?

OH MY GOD they do a Rivian version (not 6x6, but "apocalypse". Because, like the Cybertruck, it will be easy tocharge when infrastructure goes to hell because...?)

edit: also, on both of those trucks, they clearly have not learned why you paint things "matte", not "flat."

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The Door Frame posted:

I know that Hilux means High Luxury, and I definitely think about the highest luxury on the market, not dirt roads or technicals

lol amazing. reminds me of the story that Ford XLT means eXtra Luxurious Truck, just extremely funny poo poo

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Darchangel posted:

OH MY GOD they do a Rivian version (not 6x6, but "apocalypse". Because, like the Cybertruck, it will be easy tocharge when infrastructure goes to hell because...?)

Well it probably is much easier to source electricity than gasoline 10 years after the apocalypse. Just search for houses with solar panels. Farms that produce their own bio diesel are much fewer and harder to spot.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Darchangel posted:

Oh, I get it - it's just in fun.
I forgot the Colorado. There's also the Canyon, but that's more of a generic land feature.

Oh, you mean the Buick crossover, right?

edit: also, on both of those trucks, they clearly have not learned why you paint things "matte", not "flat."

The pixelation or compression on that somehow makes the rhinoliner look like some kind of felt I swear

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
looks like astroturf

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Saukkis posted:

Well it probably is much easier to source electricity than gasoline 10 years after the apocalypse. Just search for houses with solar panels. Farms that produce their own bio diesel are much fewer and harder to spot.

Or wind turbines.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If Mad Max has taught me anything it's that you can feed your monster supercharger with gas you opportunistically sponge up into a hubcap

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Also spitting gasoline into the intake is a good way to give your engine a little extra oomph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Scratch Monkey posted:

Also spitting gasoline into the intake is a good way to give your engine a little extra oomph

I thought that was nitromethane

david_a fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 15, 2024