Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Why do you need to pay attention to driving when advanced AI is handling everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah silicon valley doesnt know trains exist of course a tesla cant recognize one

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah silicon valley doesnt know trains exist of course a tesla cant recognize one

that was my thought too. they're fundamentally incapable of conceptualizing trains and this leaks into every facet of design lol

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I thought the same thing...but the dumb idiots should be able to handle fog considering their location.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

If the driver was paying attention there wouldn’t have been an accident in the first place.

Foggy, driving too fast for the conditions, swerved at the absolute last second when there was plenty of time between seeing the train and swerving.

You're right.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Cactus Ghost posted:

that was my thought too. they're fundamentally incapable of conceptualizing trains and this leaks into every facet of design lol

literally though

https://i.imgur.com/Ru9tz1Y.mp4

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Need a downfall edit where they're telling Hitler the AI to solve traffic invented trains again.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

honda whisperer posted:

Need a downfall edit where they're telling Hitler the AI to solve traffic invented trains again.

We're just waiting for Steiner's software update

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

If the driver was paying attention there wouldn’t have been an accident in the first place.

Foggy, driving too fast for the conditions, swerved at the absolute last second when there was plenty of time between seeing the train and swerving.

Absolutly, the driver carries a bunch of responsibility for not being in control of his vehicle. BUT ......This is exactly why calling the crap FSD / Autopilot is so goddamn bad, it gives the majority of drivers who not understand how bad autonomous cars really are a false sense of what it can do and also to check out mentally from controlling the car.

So there's a lot of blame to go around and it's not just one thing or another in this case. It's the driver for not paying attention, it's Tesla for making it seem like the driver doesnt need to pay attention. It's Musk for throwing out LIDAR and insisting on vision only. It's the people who wrote this lovely software. It's the Govt regulatory bodies for still allowing this poo poo

Cactus Ghost posted:

Too long to be thread title

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Too long to be thread title

No, trains. NO TRAINS!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

lmao gotta wait for this herd of class 8 trucks to finish crossing the road

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cactus Ghost posted:

lmao gotta wait for this herd of class 8 trucks to finish crossing the road

Time to find out what happens when your Tesla FSD decides to t-pose the car.

Oh. Oh, no.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
I also love that a fully vision-based navigation system's response to "can't see poo poo ahead" is full steam ahead and not "lol no you can't engage me" or at bare minimum driving cautious as hell.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Nuevo posted:

I also love that a fully vision-based navigation system's response to "can't see poo poo ahead" is full steam ahead and not "lol no you can't engage me" or at bare minimum driving cautious as hell.

Move fast and break stuff.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
someone in AI was giving me poo poo about my stance to never get into a tesla a few years ago and every time I read one of these articles/see a video, i feel vindicated.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Large Testicles posted:

someone in AI was giving me poo poo about my stance to never get into a tesla a few years ago and every time I read one of these articles/see a video, i feel vindicated.

I think the biggest tragedy of Tesla is they could've been great if they had just focused on the basics, but no, had to waste years and billions on lovely self-driving and crappy all digital controls. All they had to do was make a decent electric car, and there is one hidden under the atrocious bodywork quality and lovely digital add on, but its not worth the rest of the car.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 20, 2024

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The Door Frame posted:

We're just waiting for Steiner's software update

Das war ein über den Äther Befehl!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

CommieGIR posted:

I think the biggest tragedy of Tesla is they could've been great if they had just focused on the basics, but no, had to waste years and billions on lovely self-driving and crappy all digital controls. All they had to do was make a decent electric car, and there is one hidden under the atrocious bodywork quality and lovely digital add on, but its not worth the rest of the car.

Tesla was on its way before dipshit bought them, so this tracks

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Nuevo posted:

If I can't see anything ahead of me, that must mean there's nothing ahead of me! Free and clear!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

PainterofCrap posted:

Tesla was on its way before dipshit bought them, so this tracks

Wait what? I thought he was the founder?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
That's what he wants you to think

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

wesleywillis posted:

wikipedia posted:

Tesla was incorporated in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning as Tesla Motors. The company's name is a tribute to inventor and electrical engineer Nikola Tesla. In February 2004, Elon Musk joined as the company's largest shareholder and in 2008 he was named CEO.

[...]

In February 2004, the company raised US$7.5 million (equivalent to $12 million in 2023) in series A funding, including $6.5 million (equivalent to $10 million in 2023) from Elon Musk, who had received $100 million from the sale of his interest in PayPal two years earlier. Musk became the chairman of the board of directors and the largest shareholder of Tesla.

As always, Musk's role is effectively that of a large wallet.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Also the punk part.

If you're driving around in a brand new $120,000 vanity pickup truck, you aren't a cyberpunk. The cyberpunks are riding hacked chinese e-bicycles. You're one of the corpos who gets his head cut off with molecular wire.

My dd is a ev built from recycled trash with its own solar bolted to the roof that also powers part of the shop including the welder.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

evobatman posted:

That's what he wants you to think

He literally got them to write "Elon Musk gets to call himself a founder of the company" into the series A funding contract.

Also, Elon stole the founder's personal Roadster (VIN 0001) and that's the one he launched into space.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

He was Tesla's 5th CEO, iirc.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Sagebrush posted:

He literally got them to write "Elon Musk gets to call himself a founder of the company" into the series A funding contract.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Sometimes our cyberpunk dystopia does look like it does in fiction

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Looks like the kind of thing you'd try building in a physics simulator game that would not work out.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Needs a wheelie bar on the tail end of the missile case. :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Colostomy Bag posted:

Good god that FSD poo poo is still going strong. I thought they had to disable most of it.

Not only is it not disabled, they’re giving it away to all (most?) teslas as a free trial for a few days / weeks so everyone gets to experience first hand enlightenment.

Or death. Who knows.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

The Door Frame posted:

People wrote off bicycle infantry, disbanded the units. Who's laughing now?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

The Door Frame posted:

as seen in the documentary command and conquer

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

idk which thread it was in, but some guy who had been a tank driver in the army said that in wargames the biggest threat to him was ATGM infantry, and the more mobile they were, the more terrifying they became.

so ATGMs able to move around at 10 times the speed of dismounted infantry, silently and with no heat signature...

:unsmigghh:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i mean unless bdus got a ton better still gonna have a thermal sig, but yeah speedy fuckers

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Ok, ok, ok, I know Tesla is an easy punching bag, but this is a weird one. As of today, Tesla cars can no longer play Steam games on their built in computer. Seems like an odd announcement and I'm just now learning that they had a PC at all, but apparently its original release allowed the driver to use their car as a gaming PC with the center screen as their monitor while the car was actually driving

How have they gotten away with their poo poo for so long?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
Regulatory capture, OP

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Close the thread. We won't beat this:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
At least it doesn't have the flag on the roof?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

2025 Maverick face-lift is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Scratch Monkey posted:

Das war ein über den Äther Befehl!

:perfect: