Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Biplane posted:

Lmfao what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
mitsurugi you're a loose canon. that's the third honor killing this week. i got the daimyo breathing down my neck about having too few peasants to work the fields, loving up his kick-up to the shogun. Look i know you get results-- but it's politics, my hands are tied. i'm sorry but you're going to have to turn in your katana and wakazashi and take a little vacation from the force.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Roppongi Hills Samurai coming soon to Hulu

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

billionares are right, they're in too deep now that they'll never be able to build the kind of rapport they need with the people they've been paying slave labor wages to for the past several decades.

better to roll the dice with the magic shock collars

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

getting a handle on the dynamics of modern american policing by watching Samurai Cop

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Hello security forces, if you'll just attach these shock collars to yourself, I'll go ahead and unlock the food pantry and hand you a few things to eat. I also want you to shoot the hungry people because they are the real threat to your wellbeing. Thanks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe Seattle should lower the price of housing

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

poemdexter posted:

Hello security forces, if you'll just attach these shock collars to yourself, I'll go ahead and unlock the food pantry and hand you a few things to eat. I also want you to shoot the hungry people because they are the real threat to your wellbeing. Thanks.

but enough about blue cities' relationship to the cops

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Apply today for a free Neuralink, among other many great benefits it will enhance your aim by up to 25% and has the ability to stimulate growth hormone to naturally do what primitive TRT treatments do without the needs of introducing harmful chemicals and methods. Neuralink is a required component of pay grade 3 compound cop and comes with additional food benefits.

(Beware of false reports that Neuralink may be used to fry your brains, this is Chinese disinformation)

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
they wouldnt need to fry cops' brains

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The Oldest Man posted:

Cops are transforming into a new privileged warrior elite caste, and are entitled to extract a living from their caste inferiors

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiri-sute_gomen

In any case, the samurai performing the act had to prove that his action was right. After striking down his victim, the user was required to report the incident to a nearby government official, give his version of the facts and provide at least one witness who corroborated it, and he was expected to spend the next 20 days at home as a proof of contrition.

edit: didn’t see the subsequent replies that used this example

skooma512 has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Mar 19, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mortons stork posted:

Absolutely not, there's a lot of true believers out there

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mortons stork posted:

That's why they're perfect test subjects

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DrManiac posted:

You could at least theoretically defend yourself, so it's still a better deal than what we've got, lol.

Only with a wakizashi. And who would habitually be carrying around a wakizashi with which to defend themself? Samurai. Who are the only people who could get away with self-defence from cops? Other cops. It works exactly the same way.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Carrying a drop sword so you can justify killing the 90 year old bandit missing a leg

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

500excf type r posted:

The irony is that when poo poo hits the fan, the rich and powerful will be subjected to the brutality as much as the rest of us non-cop-gang members

The actual irony is that they can't sustainably offer these same cradle to grave incentives to enlisted military, and once the wheels come off, hungry mutineers are going to eat these warrior cops alive. Metaphorically, if they're very lucky.

Pomeroy has issued a correction as of 06:43 on Mar 19, 2024

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
in case anyone needed more evidence that Boeing whistleblower was murdered:

https://twitter.com/BostonJerry/status/1769750520644694374

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

mortons stork posted:

more of a want rather than a need

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Pomeroy posted:

The actual irony is that they can't sustainably offer these same cradle to grave incentives to enlisted military, and once the wheels come off, hungry mutineers are going to eat these warrior cops alive. Metaphorically, if they're very lucky.

The cops are the domestic military, with equipment, support, and all the important logistics, ready and waiting. The enlisted military is irrelevant in a collapse scenario except as state militias supplementing the police because there won't exist any support or logistics network to supply fuel for trucks, ammo for guns, food for soldiers etc.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

500excf type r posted:

The cops are the domestic military, with equipment, support, and all the important logistics, ready and waiting. The enlisted military is irrelevant in a collapse scenario except as state militias supplementing the police because there won't exist any support or logistics network to supply fuel for trucks, ammo for guns, food for soldiers etc.

Cops are all obese hogs barely able to lift their tacticooled ar15. Soldiers at least on paper have fitness and training standards. Now keep in mind I hate both soldiers and hogs but if push comes to shove US cops would be obliterated by US soldiers.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Biplane posted:

Cops are all obese hogs barely able to lift their tacticooled ar15. Soldiers at least on paper have fitness and training standards. Now keep in mind I hate both soldiers and hogs but if push comes to shove US cops would be obliterated by US soldiers.

You're vastly underestimating "police" as a unified whole and how much the logistics and support networks matter when it comes to fighting. Police have it, right now, all across the US. They have it on the municipal, state, and federal levels and they all view themselves as a single team against everyone else. US soldiers post societal collapse will have no support network, no logistical supplies, no command and control. All the fitness and discipline standards in the world won't matter when you don't have food or clean water.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

500excf type r posted:

You're vastly underestimating "police" as a unified whole and how much the logistics and support networks matter when it comes to fighting. Police have it, right now, all across the US. They have it on the municipal, state, and federal levels and they all view themselves as a single team against everyone else. US soldiers post societal collapse will have no support network, no logistical supplies, no command and control. All the fitness and discipline standards in the world won't matter when you don't have food or clean water.

like, dipping the toes into the Clancy chat, but insurgencies have a pretty good track record going.

all the equipment and logistics superiority only goes so far when you can't win the hearts and minds

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Trying to wrap my head around how these local cops are getting food and water while the army guys are standing around shrugging unable to do the same as the cops

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Bald Stalin posted:

Trying to wrap my head around how these local cops are getting food and water while the army guys are standing around shrugging unable to do the same as the cops

If you go back and read the original post, it said mutineers, as in not regular soldiers but people at one point ostensibly trained by the government but no longer supported by it.

Also insurgencies against a foreign invader are one thing, what this would be is more like a slave revolt and that's successfully happened....once? in all of recorded human history.

Meanwhile you have right now federal agencies working with state and municipal law enforcement going over your Internet transactions from the last decade and feeding that into machine learning algorithms and whatnot and getting search and arrest warrants based on trends from perfectly legal and above board transactions. Good luck organizing a ground up resistance.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

500excf type r posted:

One thing I will say is that of the two, the military is the only one that has entire teams that do nothing but constantly plan contingency scenarios for "what happens when society collapses". I assume they're as incompetent as the rest of our military planners though so maybe that doesn't actually matter at all.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I gotta take the Pentagon's societal collapse contengency plans with a grain of salt when their own bases end up being a microcosm of it what with the barracks mold, bug fountains, closed DFAC famines, base drug gangs, etc.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Shame Boy posted:

One thing I will say is that of the two, the military is the only one that has entire teams that do nothing but constantly plan contingency scenarios for "what happens when society collapses". I assume they're as incompetent as the rest of our military planners though so maybe that doesn't actually matter at all.

i like that the irs also does that so that continuity can continue asap to whatever degree is possible

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Bald Stalin posted:

When Baltimore got occupied back in '15 I watched a national guard patrol in full kit, rifles, armor, helmets, stop in front of a Papa John's. They sent one guy in to fill up their canteens while the others guarded his helmet and rifle like they were in an active war zone. It was just an active Papa John's. Anecdote unrelated but something in your post made me think of it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Cops keep having panic attacks because they saw a white powder, and there is a *lot* of pent up hatred for cops that's ambient in the air. They're only effective so long as the status quo never changes, and, well...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Both cops and army won't stand a chance against the legions of NEET losers who have studied the blade

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Owlbear Camus posted:

I gotta take the Pentagon's societal collapse contengency plans with a grain of salt when their own bases end up being a microcosm of it what with the barracks mold, bug fountains, closed DFAC famines, base drug gangs, etc.

Sounds like they're already prepared for the harsh and unforgiving conditions of the Wasteland.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

Failed Imagineer posted:

Both cops and army won't stand a chance against the legions of NEET losers who have studied the blade

:hai:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ensign Expendable posted:

Sounds like they're already prepared for the harsh and unforgiving conditions of the Wasteland.

:hmmyes:

train like you fight

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

500excf type r posted:

I wrote a bunch of words here before I came to my loving senses and asked myself why in the gently caress am I arguing about which is best, cops or soldiers, and isn't there literally anything more worth my time, like hammering nails into my dick?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Biplane posted:

I wrote a bunch of words here before I came to my loving senses and asked myself why in the gently caress am I arguing about which is best, cops or soldiers, and isn't there literally anything more worth my time, like hammering nails into my dick?

You should know your enemy because your enemy knows you

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Edit: nm

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

500excf type r posted:

You should know your enemy because your enemy knows you

Come on
Yes, I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American dreams

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

tokin opposition posted:

Cops keep having panic attacks because they saw a white powder, and there is a *lot* of pent up hatred for cops that's ambient in the air. They're only effective so long as the status quo never changes, and, well...

Basically everyone including significant swaths of the rw dislikes cops at this point (although perhaps not for the reason they should), it's honestly an impressive display of pissing absolutely everyone off.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Basically all of SOCOM is just overseas murder cops so I'm sure they'd integrate into the post-collapse copocracy just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

Basically all of SOCOM is just overseas murder cops so I'm sure they'd integrate into the post-collapse copocracy just fine

Assuming Fourth of July firecrackers don't initiate a family annihilation beforehand.