Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Don't over complicate it, Hihohe will be linking the fan art thread and you guys can post that stuff over there. Plus, the thread is currently traumatized by Touhou as is, so I'm sure an influx of more magical women will be the cure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

frank.club posted:

What the gently caress is going on

isn't this the general kids show discussion thread.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

frank.club posted:

What the gently caress is going on

Lots of folks can't handle anime, it just breaks their brains

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Acne Rain posted:

isn't this the general kids show discussion thread.

And now it's been infected, it's already too late.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Perhaps we could make a rule of "if someone posts something you don't like and it doesn't break a forum rule then you shouldn't start a multiple page derail trying to backseat mod a thread"

...because i really hate when people can't shut up about who is and is not a good poster.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

TwoPair posted:

Perhaps we could make a rule of "if someone posts something you don't like and it doesn't break a forum rule then you shouldn't start a multiple page derail trying to backseat mod a thread"

...because i really hate when people can't shut up about who is and is not a good poster.

But wait, that seems like something that's already a forum rule...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

XboxPants posted:

But wait, that seems like something that's already a forum rule...

Some things need repeating

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Thank you all for serving as a perfect illustration of why the Stephen Universe thread was shut down and why posters with Stephen Universe avs are the new posters with Homestuck avs.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

TwoPair posted:

you sound like a cool person to talk to.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
When did Adventure Time start sucking?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
look how can I improve my posting or does the topic itself just make people disregard everything said
Because if its the latter then just ignore it or just post about some other topic

when y'all start talking about stuff I haven't watched and never will like Ben 10 or 90s nick, you don't see me yelling at people about it

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Acne Rain posted:

look how can I improve my posting or does the topic itself just make people disregard everything said
Because if its the latter then just ignore it or just post about some other topic

when y'all start talking about stuff I haven't watched and never will like Ben 10 or 90s nick, you don't see me yelling at people about it

:justpost:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lady Naga posted:

Flame Princess?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Lady Naga posted:

after they tried to imitate rebecca sugar's episodes without really understanding what made some people like them

also it kinda has some kind of syndrome shared by tmnt 2012 and gravity falls season 1 where apparently we're supposed to care about teenage boys first girl obsession and watch them whine and mope about it and be dicks to people they see as rivals.

idgi sorry
the holidays might be making me stupider than usual, multiple hour arguments about why bread is not the most Evil Thing with family

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Sorry I mean specifically like what season so I can stop watching before it before it slides into garbage.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I never stopped liking it
I'd just skip ahead and watch stakes
if you like it you'll want to watch up to it, if you don't you can stop there knowing you have seen the best the show has to offer.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

computer parts posted:

Flame Princess?

Yeah that'd be about the right spot. Look up whenever she debuts.

There's plenty of good episodes after then, though. Dozens, probably.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Flame Princess was when the show started with the weird relationship drama right?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Alright cool. I started watching it back when it debuted but never made it past season 1. Is Regular Show still good?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Lady Naga posted:

Alright cool. I started watching it back when it debuted but never made it past season 1. Is Regular Show still good?

Yeah RS never really hit any weird speedbumps and went to poo poo/took itself way too seriously. There are times when it has drama episodes but it's still focused mainly on comedy.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Honestly if you never made it past season 1, you might be like me and just plain not like season 1. I thought you might be one of the many who were burned out on the show at a point and wanted things to be like season 1.

You'll retrace my steps if you watch "No One Can Hear You" and then start from the finale of season 1 and just watch from there skipping episodes that seem boring. Or something... the show has been on a long rear end time by now.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Nah it wasn't because I didn't like it, I just lost interest like a lot of things. I have a lot of time on my hands now & I'm very sad so dumb cartoons are Good as long as they aren't boring or stupid.

Uncle Grandpa looks really dire.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 3, 2016

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lady Naga posted:

Nah it wasn't because I didn't like it, I just lost interest like a lot of things. I have a lot of time on my hands now & I'm very sad so dumb cartoons are Good as long as they aren't boring or stupid.

Uncle Grandpa's quality jumps all over the place between each episode by a lot

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Regular Show is some win

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Lady Naga posted:

"sucking" is relative but I got really soured on it when it stopped being about weird adventures and crawled up its own rear end with backstory that nobody should rightly give a poo poo about and makes no sense juxtaposed with the "present-day" world. Also when they started doing a bunch of lovely plots centered around Finn being angsty, which mostly involve either girlfriend issues or daddy issues.

Lady Naga posted:

As long as you avoid any episodes centered around Margaret and Mordecai like the plague.

Regular Show is weird that way in that they clearly can do character relationships well, because they did it with Mordecai / CJ and still do with Rigby / Eileen, but they keep brushing it to the side to keep dredging up awful, awful, poo poo plots with Mordecai and Margaret.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 3, 2016

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OldTennisCourt posted:

Flame Princess was when the show started with the weird relationship drama right?
There was also that one where Finn found little doll versions of himself and his friends and went all Homestuck Poopsocker on 'em.

That was... disturbing.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Adventure Time has always been good; it's just that the tone and writing style gets super variable on an episode-to-episode basis and this pisses off a lot of people who want the show to be Gravity Falls or Steven Universe or whatever. The fact that AT is a random grab bag of whatever a random writer wants it to be is an active selling point of the show to me; it never settles down on any one thing for too long and that makes it exciting to watch for me.

Regular Show is the exact opposite: the show has remained so consistent tonally for so long, that I always know what to expect out of it and I gradually lost interest in it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

There was also that one where Finn found little doll versions of himself and his friends and went all Homestuck Poopsocker on 'em.

That one gets a pass because it's more of a condemnation of fan fiction than anything.
On the other hand, I loving hate the Fionna and Cake episodes beyond the first couple because they started out as mockeries of lazy gender-swapping fan fiction, but then somewhere along the way they decided they should legitimize it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
weren't there only two after the first

one where marceline is just rewriting ice king's fanfiction to try to get through to him, and one which is also a lumpy space princess episode so you should've known what you were getting into there

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I thought there were at least four but I guess I could be mistaken. The other one I liked that I'm probably thinking of wasn't actually an F&C episode, the one where Ice King was merely trying to get his fanfiction magically brought to life but it wound up just turning into a retarded farting abomination.

Those two you mentioned are definitely among the ones I hated though.

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 3, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

I used to condemn UG as stupid bullshit but now I can safely say that it's just all over the place as gently caress. There are some episodes that are actually humorous and some that are truly dire.

Or hey maybe you hate it all, all things aren't for all people.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,does anyone have a list of bad Regular Show episodes? I was considering picking that show up again.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

TwoPair posted:

all things aren't for all people.

Someone loving stone this heretic.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

TwoPair posted:

Ultimately, I think expecting everybody in a thread with hundreds of people reading it to always resist the troll's lure is unrealistic.

The shitposting will continue unless people get banned for it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The shitposting will continue until morale improves.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat that was funny the second time

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

frank.club posted:

drat that was funny the second time

Thanks I try.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Remember cartoon all stars to the rescue?

they should remake that with modern cartoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Steven Universe says don't smoke a weed, kid! You'll kill somebody.