Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

'Nuff said.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but

https://twitter.com/nachdermas/status/1066048089432211457?s=19

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ack, indeed.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Wait, didn't Cathy end?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That strip is from 1988.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A Tom Taylor written story from DC's weird Nuclear Winter Special anthology comic set at Christmas time and/or various post-apocalypses.

Here's the end of the story, if you need it: Kara (the flying woman is a grown up Supergirl, if you didn't get that part) takes the girl to Superman's fortress, finds the rocket he traveled to Earth in and like her and Superman's parents, she looks up a livable world for the kid, but unlike them, crams herself in the pod with the child and they blast off together.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
Now someone needs to post the pages from the Injustice annual where Batman admits the entire thing is his fault, since he wasn't there for Clark when Clark needed him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

This is definitely my wife

site fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 2, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dr.Magnificent posted:

Now someone needs to post the pages from the Injustice annual where Batman admits the entire thing is his fault, since he wasn't there for Clark when Clark needed him.

Okay!

Injustice 2 Annual: Superman's parents have shown up at his ultramax prison for a visit. Martha has a pie, Jonathan wants to have a talk with Batman.

e: left the first gag in

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Uh that's way too many pages.

EDIT: Nevermind I thought it was the half pages from the digital Injustice comics. That would've been near a whole issue in that case.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

... drat. I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit Superman that hard before.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

... drat. I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit Superman that hard before.

Well you know what they say, give Batman some time and he'll figure out a way to take you down, superhuman or not

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Maybe I'm letting Dr. Magnificent's words color the comic, but "Injustice is actually Batman's fault because he was a lovely friend" is not the kind of message that I find touching.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

Maybe I'm letting Dr. Magnificent's words color the comic, but "Injustice is actually Batman's fault because he was a lovely friend" is not the kind of message that I find touching.

That’s not what’s being said there?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Teenage Fansub posted:

A Tom Taylor written story from DC's weird Nuclear Winter Special anthology comic set at Christmas time and/or various post-apocalypses.

Here's the end of the story, if you need it: Kara (the flying woman is a grown up Supergirl, if you didn't get that part) takes the girl to Superman's fortress, finds the rocket he traveled to Earth in and like her and Superman's parents, she looks up a livable world for the kid, but unlike them, crams herself in the pod with the child and they blast off together.

This is so well done, both the writing and art. Really good.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Teenage Fansub posted:

Nuclear Winter stuff

This is awesome, thanks for posting.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SonicRulez posted:

I wouldn't say it was Batman's fault, but he definitely could have handled things better on his end. It's lost in all the horrible poo poo Superman's done but the first Injustice run made it apparent that Batman was a big dick about a lot of things and even when he did help Superman, he didn't really tell him. He never showed any compassion to Superman over his situation and stuck to his guns too hard about how he crossed the line. Superman internalized that and it made it easier to blame everything on Batman because he "should have killed the Joker years ago."

It shows in the Black Mercy storyline back in Year 3. Even though the situation was different, in Superman's fantasy, he and Bruce got to have that bro moment that keeps them friends.

It reminds me of the What If for Civil War. When Iron Man offered his hand to Captain America, he told him, "Listen, Steve, I believe in what I'm doing, but I don't know if I'm doing it the right way. I need your help." Cap didn't electrocute him in response and things didn't escalate as much.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
What I've learned today is that I would read the hell out of a series about Lone Supermom and Cub.

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
Nobody got what they needed or deserved. That's why it is called Injustice. Except the reader
We got a Tom Taylor story that is beautifulsad.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I dunno, Damian getting roundly dunked on by everyone was pretty richly deserved.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
More Injustice stuff. Less warm n fuzzy, more sad.

Set up to avoid posting the whole issue: This is back before the first game, when everything was starting to go to poo poo. Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash went to Australia to break up a peaceful protest and an Australian superhero calling himself Galaxor pops up to defend the people. Superman and Wonder Woman brutally wreck his poo poo, slamming him into the ground and crippling him instantly, Flash runs off to get first aid and Batman hacks his comms, informs him first aid's already arrived, and gives him another mission, to go to the Advanced Sciences and Genetic Testing Laboratory in Canberra.

Injustice #13

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 5, 2018

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Luckily there's a more optimistic follow-up to that in the Injustice 2 comic.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Gavok posted:

Luckily there's a more optimistic follow-up to that in the Injustice 2 comic.

I hope it's more Plastic Man calling everyone on their bullshit.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Azubah posted:

I hope it's more Plastic Man calling everyone on their bullshit.

More Flash coaching that guy's recovery.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/hairytentacles/status/1053780986981273600

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
https://twitter.com/alexdecampi/status/1069253436787617793?s=21

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I quite like that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

They were Evil Science Communists, and yes, what they did to Bucky was horrible, but their science also killed a lot of Nazis.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

They were Evil Science Communists, and yes, what they did to Bucky was horrible, but their science also killed a lot of Nazis.

The comic has the word Movie in the title. Pretty sure they're going with movie continuity and movie Winter Soldier was brainwashed by Nazis.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No its the movie club because its about frank and bucky hanging out watching movies

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Batman Annual 3

So of course Bruce being Bruce ends up getting stabbed half to death, and Alfred gets hurt in the process

:3: Batdad best Dad

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Thor vs. Hulk - Champions of the Universe: So Thor and Hulk have been kidnapped and tasked with retrieving various mystical/sci-fi weapons from around the Marvel universe to see who gets to fight against the Champion of the Universe by a woman called the Promoter. However, it's revealed that this whole challenge was a ruse for the Promoter to get all these powerful items and use them to murder a whole planet of bloodthirsty gladiator people who killed her parents (who were peacekeeper-types attempting to stop the fights). And to test out her abilities (and as a big gently caress you to the Champion because she finds him to be a horrible boss) she puts herself, Champion, Thor, and Hulk into a big battle royale on the gladiator planet.

And here's how the story ends but since it doesn't fit the tone I'll put it under a spoiler tag

Rocky 3 photo finish!

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 24, 2018

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This is all excellent, but it’s kind of silly how Bruce Banner is ripped.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
There's a 10th realm now?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

There's a 10th realm now?

It's called Heven. Angels live there. I'm not kidding.

They introduced it during a tie-in to Original Sin. It was created because after Marvel got the rights for Angela, they had to explain where she came from, so hey, new realm, why not?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
"It's ok to be angry sometimes" is a great message for a comic to have. I'm glad that's a message that can be conveyed to kids.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But please don't destroy the universe over it.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ariong posted:

This is all excellent, but it’s kind of silly how Bruce Banner is ripped.

Amazon Prime delivers all those boxes full of purple pants to his porch, but he still has to carry them inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
A She-Hulk book once established that if you're a Hulk, your Hulk form gets stronger in direct proportion to your own baseline strength, so Jen Walters started hitting the weights so She-Hulk would be more buff.