Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Stare-Out posted:

tapping on Last Post takes you to the last page but not the last post.

I have a curse, whereby as soon as I fix this I will forget which tree I did so in and delete it in error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah, it's been a thing for a while now and I figured it's something that was either tricky to fix or kept getting unfixed for some reason.

E: And I still have the bug where Awful won't load more threads when I get to the bottom of the page.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 3, 2015

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I thought this picture thing got fixed

Every time i try to post a photo it says "image upload too fast! -1"

Then afterward i can't even post images, tapping the img tag doesnnt pull up the "From Library" etc tags, just shows the same "img" option along the other markup codes, requiring me to close and relaunch the app

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

serebralassazin posted:

I've run into the forums not updating automatically as well. I tried to force quit the app and see if that fixed it but it didn't. A manual pull to refresh works.
This is extremely annoying :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's been like that for many months now, it surprises me people are only complaining about it now. :v:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The alternative is having it magically refresh under you while scrolling when you switch back to the app. I actually think having refreshes always be manual is the clearest and best thing.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Pie in the sky idea for the smiley keyboard should someone want to take it and run with it (there'd be some heavy lifting involved): keyword search (like how iOS suggests words above the keyboard)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Subjunctive posted:

The alternative is having it magically refresh under you while scrolling when you switch back to the app. I actually think having refreshes always be manual is the clearest and best thing.
Another option is to refresh postcounts automatically but not reflow the threads in the list except on manual refresh.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SLOSifl posted:

Another option is to refresh postcounts automatically but not reflow the threads in the list except on manual refresh.

Then you have something that is neither the new state nor the old. If you use unread-at-top (which you should, what are you some kind of barbarian, c'mon) then you'd also end up having threads with new posts floating below the fold in the sea of zeroes. I don't think having to-the-minute post counts alone is that valuable, personally.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

xzzy posted:

It's been like that for many months now, it surprises me people are only complaining about it now. :v:

Threads were being refreshed normally before the update. I had an issue a while ago where I had to manually refresh threads but that was fixed a while ago. Right now it's a little weird. Manually pulling to refresh works. I've also found that switching from bookmark tab to forum tab (or vice versa) will also trigger a refresh.

Actually just tried switching tabs and it didn't work but it did before. This is an odd one.

serebralassazin fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 3, 2015

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
New version suiting my needs. The notification on marking read and the indicator for bookmark refreshes are particularly welcome.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I want to add those notifications to a few other places, but I forget what they are now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm on android, and for some reason I can see words directly through the black spoiler highlighting. The show spoiler setting on the app is set to off. Any ideas?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm on android, and for some reason I can see words directly through the black spoiler highlighting. The show spoiler setting on the app is set to off. Any ideas?

This thread is for the iOS app, you'll want to ask here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571717

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

trying to upload a cropped screenshot seems to crash the app or give an error that the upload failed

StuL87
Oct 21, 2008
Just noticed that the share sheet has gone AWOL in 3.3 when you press and hold on a link. You now just get three options to open link, copy link, and something else I've forgotten. I don't remember reading that this was planned so I figured it's one for the list!

(Disclaimer: it might have disappeared in an earlier version and I might just be slow/unobservant)

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

StuL87 posted:

Just noticed that the share sheet has gone AWOL in 3.3 when you press and hold on a link. You now just get three options to open link, copy link, and something else I've forgotten. I don't remember reading that this was planned so I figured it's one for the list!

(Disclaimer: it might have disappeared in an earlier version and I might just be slow/unobservant)

Keep the share sheet gone (unless you can make it display the link's URL), please and thank you!

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Still getting soccer ball icons next to posters on the iPad in this latest update.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Abjad Soup posted:

Keep the share sheet gone (unless you can make it display the link's URL), please and thank you!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Abjad Soup posted:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Still a double bookmarks bug

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Message tab shows the following:

Well, it shows a Code 3 error, and I can't post pictures still for some reason. Nothing happens when I tap [ img ].

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Unsure when the Default Browser option went in, but thanks!

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Beta expired :/. My poor awful app.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

PleasureKevin posted:

trying to upload a cropped screenshot seems to crash the app or give an error that the upload failed

Will take a look.

StuL87 posted:

Yeah, we decided showing which URL you were acting on was more valuable than waiting for the system share sheet to load. If you want that share sheet now, you gotta open it in the Awful Browser and use the share button in there.

I guess we could add a "share" option right there. We're not exactly hurting for space.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Still getting soccer ball icons next to posters on the iPad in this latest update.

loving soccer balls.

reformed bad troll posted:

Still a double bookmarks bug

Alright this bug is officially on my shitlist for the next version. I'll fix it or die trying.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Message tab shows the following:

Well, it shows a Code 3 error, and I can't post pictures still for some reason. Nothing happens when I tap [ img ].

Righto, will take a look.

Vegastar posted:

Beta expired :/. My poor awful app.

Yep. When this happens, just head to the App Store and re-download Awful. It'll just go over top, and you'll still get a notification when the next beta goes out. It's a bit of a pain but hey, you signed up to test :D

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Really minor issue - despite having all of the forum specific style sheets checked in Settings, only the Amber YOSPOS theme is available.

Aside from that, it's working great!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Really minor issue - despite having all of the forum specific style sheets checked in Settings, only the Amber YOSPOS theme is available.

A. amberpos is all you need

B. The yospos themes are available only in actual yospos threads afaik

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

B. The yospos themes are available only in actual yospos threads afaik

No, they should be available in all forums if you turn them on in settings. That's definitely a bug if they're not.

Edit: Just confirmed, the Forum-Specific Themes menu seems completely broken. AmberPOS doesn't show up in it, and none of the ones I select are available.

Diabolik900 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 10, 2015

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Diabolik900 posted:

No, they should be available in all forums if you turn them on in settings. That's definitely a bug if they're not.

Edit: Just confirmed, the Forum-Specific Themes menu seems completely broken. AmberPOS doesn't show up in it, and none of the ones I select are available.

I stand corrected, though I stand by point A

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Now on the list, thanks!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pokeyman posted:

Now on the list, thanks!

Publish the list again? I have some cycles these days while I wait for computers to add and subtract beep boop.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Publish the list again? I have some cycles these days while I wait for computers to add and subtract beep boop.

https://gist.github.com/nolanw/6a570ee476ae3fd99c9a

Warning: is gross.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

I'm just gonna test something here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jP--MxYzTuo

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Stylesheets aren't staying selected between threads in the latest beta.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I love the app i've been using it for ages, but even on my iPhone 5s and iPad 3 gift threads [such as PYF threads] grind the pages to a halt. Yet in Safari they load up fine; not sure if anyone else has mentioned this in this thread, but I thought i'd ask as to why? I know gifs are meaty files, but it's weird how Safari loads them up fine.

Developer punishment for looking at PYF?!

:)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Similar to the above, here's something for the list: an option to disable embedded youtube videos and/or convert them to links. I tried to test a change using the PYF 30sec videos thread, but all the embeds brought the app to its knees and often crashed it even on an iPhone 6.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

carry on then posted:

Similar to the above, here's something for the list: an option to disable embedded youtube videos and/or convert them to links. I tried to test a change using the PYF 30sec videos thread, but all the embeds brought the app to its knees and often crashed it even on an iPhone 6.

That's a forum option. I guess there's an argument to allow mobile viewing to control it separately, but in the absence of that you can just turn off embedded videos in your profile.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Well that's just it, my desktop can handle it, but the phone is significantly less powerful. It might be nice to be able to make that distinction, doubly so on cellular data.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Really not digging the manual reload of forums thing. :(

Also speaking of heavy gifs that make Awful grind to a halt, is a "tap to play" feature at all possible? Like, any gif file would just be a still of the first frame with maybe some small visual indicator that it's a gif file on it that you could tap to play/freeze the animation. If possible, would that be less resource heavy than the way it is now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Images are "loading too fast!" (Error code -1)

• Locked thread