Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

The boys are back in town!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I didn't expect to see infinity today but here we are

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Looks like everybody's cribbing MF's style now.

http://www.pcgamer.com/show-us-your-custom-mass-effect-andromeda-characters/

I mean yeah, obviously Justin and Griffin don't have a trademark on creating horrible characters, but it's awfully suspicious that out of sheer coincidence two other prominent gaming sites are suddenly rushing to say "Hey guys look at our totally original ugly characters!"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bonk posted:

I mean yeah, obviously Justin and Griffin don't have a trademark on creating horrible characters, but it's awfully suspicious that out of sheer coincidence two other prominent gaming sites are suddenly rushing to say "Hey guys look at our totally original ugly characters!"

Justin's said he doesn't care so I'm going to also not care

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bonk posted:

you mean that article you just linked of a site requesting its users to send in their own creations, which is completely different in practice and philosophy from Monster Factory?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Blockhouse posted:

Justin's said he doesn't care so I'm going to also not care

Yeah, in the end, it's no big deal.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
It would be a pretty big zag if the boys were to get all litigious about it though

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
The thing of it is, either they won't be as funny as Justin and Griffin, thus who cares, or they'll also be funny and then we have TWO good shows. Either way, Monster Factory isn't really losing out.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Kojiro posted:

The thing of it is, either they won't be as funny as Justin and Griffin, thus who cares, or they'll also be funny and then we have TWO good shows. Either way, Monster Factory isn't really losing out.

sorry but there's only so many time slots on the internet channel, all competitors must be destroyed

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

WHOA SPEAKING OF INternet channels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXZ_bAzYjCM

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Still Buffering is going to be live at Columbus Podcast Fest in April. I'm tempted to go but poor.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'm towards the end of the Crystal Kingdom arc now--it's been good on the whole, but I've noticed a definite uptick in Travis realizing that being a Fighter is kind of crap, and you can definitely see the spots where Griffin planned things out a little *too* much and gets sort of railroady.

Speaking of Travis, I finally caught a bit of MBMBaM TV, and it made me realize that while I associate everyone else's normal voice with their actual appearance, Travis's natural voice is so Magnus-y that I've always kind of thought of him as actually being Magnus, kind of like when actors appear in movies as themselves.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm towards the end of the Crystal Kingdom arc now--it's been good on the whole, but I've noticed a definite uptick in Travis realizing that being a Fighter is kind of crap, and you can definitely see the spots where Griffin planned things out a little *too* much and gets sort of railroady.

Speaking of Travis, I finally caught a bit of MBMBaM TV, and it made me realize that while I associate everyone else's normal voice with their actual appearance, Travis's natural voice is so Magnus-y that I've always kind of thought of him as actually being Magnus, kind of like when actors appear in movies as themselves.

They do seem to be the most similar to one another. IIRC Magnus is also afraid of spiders, for one

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I've binged through most of TAZ in the last two weeks, I'm near the end of the 11th Hour arc. This arc is really good.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I like it when the mods start collapsing and colliding in skyrim without making the game crash, and oh boy does Touch the Skyrim deliver.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going.
There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Does anyone else's cat really like watching Car Boys?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Stroop There It Is posted:

Does anyone else's cat really like watching Car Boys?

No, but my cat will come into the room when I'm listening to TAZ or MBMBaM. He gets confused and scared when they start laughing real hard, but then goes to sleep when they go back to talking normal. This cat also liked to try and attack the gamepad when I used to play Destiny. So I trust his judgement in media.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'm about 5 minutes into the new Coolgames Inc. and I think I just heard my new favorite portmanteau.

it's Subarüber

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Touch The Skyrim is verging on that far-out, unpredictable-yet-consistent Rick & Morty style creativity.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

well why not posted:

Touch The Skyrim is verging on that far-out, unpredictable-yet-consistent Rick & Morty style creativity.

The gorilla texture using the troll model is great. They're eventually going to break something fundamental (again) and wind up in a state where the game just flat out does not work anymore even after a fresh install.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I like how there's mods persisting across 'versions' already. Literally the first set of mods broke the game so hard a 'clean reinstall' didn't fully work. By version 5.0 they're going to be on another planet.

I wonder if Nick likes the game that Todd has fully intentionally programmed for him.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Alaois posted:

you mean that article you just linked of a site requesting its users to send in their own creations, which is completely different in practice and philosophy from Monster Factory?
The title and article content have both changed since I first saw it. Previously it was something like "How ugly can you make your Mass Effect character?" But oh well.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I like it when the mods start collapsing and colliding in skyrim without making the game crash, and oh boy does Touch the Skyrim deliver.
Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't crashed a bunch of times already. My modded install was incredibly finicky even when I was meticulous about load order.

Mods still being there after a clean install is probably because they didn't get all the folders the mods affect, or some of the weird .ini files Skyrim modding fucks with.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Bonk posted:

Mods still being there after a clean install is probably because they didn't get all the folders the mods affect, or some of the weird .ini files Skyrim modding fucks with.

I thought Skyrim used the Steam Workshop for mod distribution. I've never modded Skyrim, granted, but with other similar things you can unsubscribe from the mod and it automatically uninstalls/reverts changes.

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver

I approve of Mikey's choice to have Clair de Lune playing backwards to underscore stuff that is genuinely unsettling.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Last few Car Boys have been getting super metaphysical, which is saying something for a series that encountered an all-powerful cosmic horror in the sixth episode.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I need someone to make a meta mod that replaces the shout noises with Griffin saying Nick

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Democratic Pirate posted:

I need someone to make a meta mod that replaces the shout noises with Griffin saying Nick

This but with the dragon noises

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

As your character lays their head down for execution, a cry from the distance...

"THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING, NICK!"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Holy cow these Pokemon movie reviews

Please start a new podcast just reading these

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Holy cow these Pokemon movie reviews

Please start a new podcast just reading these

where

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Cool Games Inc

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

As your character lays their head down for execution, a cry from the distance...

"THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING, NICK!"

NICK IT'S MY BIRTHDAY NICK

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Digimon soundtrack is on Spotify, but in the UK at least the Digirap and Hey Digimon are missing, along with a couple other songs. :(

Edit: The intro to the new Adventure Zone Nights bangs, is that a Griffin original?

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 19, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am sitting amongst a sea of nerds, waiting for tres horny Boyz to appear.

I am quivering with anticipation.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Wait, this was a thing? That could not have helped their image as cut-rate Pokemon. Haha.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

thexerox123 posted:

Wait, this was a thing? That could not have helped their image as cut-rate Pokemon. Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2myLCpNnY

the localization decisions re: music were... interesting in retrospect

e: my favorite part is the analogue record scratching for their song about digital monsters

AriadneThread fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 19, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AriadneThread posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2myLCpNnY

the localization decisions re: music were... interesting in retrospect

e: my favorite part is the analogue record scratching for their song about digital monsters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xDFWYt_pbY

The original songs for the digimon shows are loving magic.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The $10 donation for the MaxFunDrive will get you one of these pins:

http://maximumfun.org/images/MaxFunDrive17-10.5.jpg

I'm gonna upgrade my donation, but I'm torn between the MBMBaM, SawBones and the GreatestGen pins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
No LUP pin, what a bummer.