Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I just realized how much I want an Italian EV. :discourse:

You can kill yourself on an Italian EV today https://www.energicamotorusa.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I just realized how much I want an Italian EV. :discourse:

These are built in Italy, it's the first modern bubble car I've seen: https://microlino-car.com/en/microlino

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

opengl128 posted:

You can kill yourself on an Italian EV today https://www.energicamotorusa.com

I just realized, it's a shame that Tesla got to the "car named after electricity researcher" pot first, because obviously a battery-powered Italian vehicle should be called Volta

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Volta exists, makes motorcycles and are Spanish.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

There are also Volta EV charging stations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maserati has shown off the MC20 Cielo, a convertible version of the MC20 and it's gorgeous.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40091309/2023-maserati-mc20-cielo-revealed/

They say it's 143lbs heavier than the hard top but also said the hard top was 3307lbs, while C&D weighed their test car at 3757lbs, so it could potentially be 4000lbs.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Drove behind one of the coupes on my way to the office a few days ago. Pretty snazzy looking.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Fat pig. Would not drive.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I wish Maseratis were actually good cars. I've wanted a grantourismo for the longest time even though I know it's kind of crap.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

One drives a Maserati because it looks good, not because it is good.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Full Collapse posted:

One drives a Maserati because it looks good, not because it is good.

they also sound good, typically. so that's two good things.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

If I'm going to die in an electric car fire it's going to be a classy fire.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

If I'm going to die in an electric car fire it's going to be a classy fire.

Look at Immolation Rockefeller over here. Too classy to die in a Fiat Nuovo Fuoco 500.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Look at Immolation Rockefeller over here. Too classy to die in a Fiat Nuovo Fuoco 500.

Professionals have standards. :colbert:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

Maserati has shown off the MC20 Cielo, a convertible version of the MC20 and it's gorgeous.

They say it's 143lbs heavier than the hard top but also said the hard top was 3307lbs, while C&D weighed their test car at 3757lbs, so it could potentially be 4000lbs.

I would own that terrible thing and complain about how stupid it is to anyone who would listen but be unwilling to get rid of it.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Powershift posted:

I saw a yellow one with blue calipers and it was pretty sweet. Refreshing to see a modern exotic that isn't an overdesigned mess.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Integra review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbJSK9lkQyo

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I wonder how the Integra will actually sell. I feel like I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen the new TLX around. I see tons of Acura m/rdx, pretty rare to see a modern sedan of theirs it feels.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

TST has fully embraced "YouTube face while pointing" thumbnails and I hate it. Matt was fully transparent about it on IG and says he gets something crazy like twice the engagement when he does that so I get it from a business perspective but I still despise that poo poo. Like to the point where I won't click a video with that thumbnail format.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Don’t need a hatch or adaptive dampers? Civic Si $8k less, I just don’t think anyone was asking for this. If you then other route why not pay $40k for the inevitable Civic Type-R?

Car makes no sense

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

opengl128 posted:

TST has fully embraced "YouTube face while pointing" thumbnails and I hate it. Matt was fully transparent about it on IG and says he gets something crazy like twice the engagement when he does that so I get it from a business perspective but I still despise that poo poo. Like to the point where I won't click a video with that thumbnail format.

I hate it too but I appreciate that he was at least open about not even liking doing it himself lol. But hey number go up

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Koirhor posted:

Don’t need a hatch or adaptive dampers? Civic Si $8k less, I just don’t think anyone was asking for this. If you then other route why not pay $40k for the inevitable Civic Type-R?

Car makes no sense

It’s an SI with better ride quality and a nicer interior. People pay extra for those things often, or even just the perception of those things. People still buy the A3 despite the GTI existing.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

opengl128 posted:

They're even doing the YouTube Thumbnail Face lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

Car makes no sense

Yeah I just finished the review, car seems fine but I don't see much of a point either. I'm sure some people will want a Civic but a bit nicer.

Really weird that they went for this when everyone is killing off sedans for CUVs.

opengl128 posted:

I didn't notice it until you mentioned and yes it does suck. But several channels straight up said that clickbait works and they're going to do it because entry like money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2xHZPH5Sng

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I really like liftback body style sedans, but even with liftback and manual transmission the integra doesn't excite me much.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I like the looks of the Stinger or the A7 more. I saw an Integra online in red instead of yellow and with the stupid giant INTEGRA details removed and it looked much better though. But yea for some reason Honda/Acura has never excited me, outside of the NSX/S2K I guess.

I appreciate that with that Integra and what I've heard with the Z, people have generally been like "Yep it's a fine car. It's not the best but more options is always good"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
S5 Sportback superiority

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
They insisted on calling it the Integra, announced it with the yellow paint, then didn't offer the yellow. I'm sorry but if you want to benefit from the name, i.e. Integra you get all the baggage with it.

Probably a fine car yeah, but them not offering it with that yellow paint they announced it with says it all.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I am a 35 year old white collar professional who has fond memories of a four door Integra RS so I'm like, the absolute heart of Acura's target demographic.

If I were in the market for a daily I'd probably think long and hard about cross-shopping it with a GTI. I prefer the Integra interior which just shows you how loving poo poo VW interiors have become. The Civic Si is a great car but it's a bit too eager for a daily; if I want the car to encourage bad behavior I have a better car for that. Plus, :wrongcity: is full of terrible roads so I like the slight softness and I'll pay a premium for the liftback, nicer interior, and to my mind nicer exterior looks. Eight grand is a pretty steep premium, though! If you could get the LSD for 30 grand it'd be a pretty good deal.

It generally appears to be a good car; people are up in arms because they wanted the GS-R and they got the RS. It's also not 1993 anymore, you can't go back. Sorry.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I don't really want a base Integra for the same reasons I don't want a Civic Si, but I hope it sells enough for Honda to justify making a Type-S with a Type-R drivetrain.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

I don't really want a base Integra for the same reasons I don't want a Civic Si, but I hope it sells enough for Honda to justify making a Type-S with a Type-R drivetrain.

:yeah:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

phosdex posted:

I wonder how the Integra will actually sell. I feel like I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen the new TLX around. I see tons of Acura m/rdx, pretty rare to see a modern sedan of theirs it feels.

The ILX, which the Integra replaces, consistently sold 10-15K units per year, and the ILX was a dog.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Half the time I see an ILX, it's an A-Spec too. So, not only are people buying ILX's, but they're also arguably spending a good amount of money on them as well.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekEM3VyaDow

higher quality review of a good car that costs too much

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Boo I thought he put out a second video, at first :v:

Honestly if you're not tracking the thing how big of a deal is no LSD really? Because at $41K I think the seems like a solid deal. But $10K for heated seats, better brakes, an LSD, and a spoiler is too much money.

I was listening to Carmudgeons the other day, apparently the base spec has a lower top speed because of a lift issue without that spoiler lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sab669 posted:

Boo I thought he put out a second video, at first :v:

Honestly if you're not tracking the thing how big of a deal is no LSD really? Because at $41K I think the seems like a solid deal. But $10K for heated seats, better brakes, an LSD, and a spoiler is too much money.

I was listening to Carmudgeons the other day, apparently the base spec has a lower top speed because of a lift issue without that spoiler lol
No difference whatsoever unless you're driving like an rear end in a top hat on public roads :sweatdrop:

Well maybe on snow. But not worth 10 grand imo. At 40k the Z looks like a pretty good deal though. Not much direct competition really.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

IDK, 400 HP is a lot to be putting through an open diff to the rear wheels. The thing is, we probably won't know until people actually buy them because Nissan isn't going to be giving base models to reviewers.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Engineering explained goes in to all the details on the 400 trim levels, and seems he launched the Sport version with the open diff at this timestamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvJj1rvaBBI&t=324s

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

That's an absurd amount of wheel spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

luckily an aftermarket lsd won’t cost anywhere near 10k