Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Lauren Laverne sperging out about Beyonce, Zane lowe making things awkward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-7eieXDjgc

Thanks bbc. Cull all of these presenters and introduce acts with an on-screen graphic instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

LE0N posted:

Thanks bbc. Cull all of these presenters and introduce acts with an on-screen graphic instead.

why does zane lowe voice over every single advert for an indie album?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

why does zane lowe voice over every single advert for an indie album?

Voice like silk, that's why. Plus his show is about new indy music mostly and he's one of the only DJ's on Radio one that isn't full of poo poo. The man is a legend.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Carnivale starts from the very beginning on Sky Atlantic tonight. I've never seen, but it constantly appears in the "Shows you need to watch" thread.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

LE0N posted:

the BBC put him in a really awkward position. He either a) lies and says it was the greatest thing ever when he wasn't even there to see it or b) tells the truth and gets torn apart for not towing the company line. I appreciate his honesty, but the BBC could have just thrown Jo Whiley in there instead and let Zane and Mark Radcliffe handle the last hour of the show.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

incredible bear posted:

Carnivale starts from the very beginning on Sky Atlantic tonight. I've never seen, but it constantly appears in the "Shows you need to watch" thread.

Oh hell yeah! thanks for the reminder of this adding to the program planner.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

the BBC put him in a really awkward position. He either a) lies and says it was the greatest thing ever when he wasn't even there to see it or b) tells the truth and gets torn apart for not towing the company line. I appreciate his honesty, but the BBC could have just thrown Jo Whiley in there instead and let Zane and Mark Radcliffe handle the last hour of the show.

I thought his point was that Lauren Laverne wouldn't shut the gently caress up and kept talking over him when he tried to say something. That's why he laughed at the irony of her asking him "What did you think?" at the end of it followed by just introducing the next segment instead.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I suppose, but they were trying to big it up as some sort of massive, era defining performance which it clearly wasn't. And yes, the awkwardness between the two in every link was palpable from then on. Still, I'd prefer they just red-button the thing and leave cameras rolling the whole time on each stage so we can watch each performance properly. I mean, I want to see the whole Wu Tang show, not just the odd assorted highlight package they put together.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

incredible bear posted:

Carnivale is fab, depressing and very compelling. Well worth a watch, if only for the creepiness.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Kin posted:

Voice like silk, that's why. Plus his show is about new indy music mostly and he's one of the only DJ's on Radio one that isn't full of poo poo. The man is a legend.

No he isn't. He's a trend hopping nugget. I absolutely hate him.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Dara o 'briaian tweeted he just should have said "i didnt see her, how was she?"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The best thing about the coverage was Lamacq spending a good hour on Saturday night trying to find a stage where the band weren't swearing.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Beyonce was loving awesome at Glasto.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I'm not sure which channel it was but I was watching the coverage at around 1-2am when I got in last night, and the presenters - Jo Whiley and some guy I didn't recognise - seemed to be totally trashed? She appeared really drunk and I could have sworn the guy was on pills. Bizarre TV.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Captain Mediocre posted:

I'm not sure which channel it was but I was watching the coverage at around 1-2am when I got in last night, and the presenters - Jo Whiley and some guy I didn't recognise - seemed to be totally trashed? She appeared really drunk and I could have sworn the guy was on pills. Bizarre TV.

did the bloke look quite old? Mancunian accent? If so, that was Mark Radcliffe, who always seems to give the impression when he's at Glastonbury that he is fully partaking in the entire festival vibe.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

did the bloke look quite old? Mancunian accent? If so, that was Mark Radcliffe, who always seems to give the impression when he's at Glastonbury that he is fully partaking in the entire festival vibe.

I quite like mark radcliffe, if only they did festival coverage asmark and lard that would be great.

Stop....carry on.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

LE0N posted:

I quite like mark radcliffe, if only they did festival coverage asmark and lard that would be great.

Stop....carry on.

ah the memories. Shame that there's no discernible radio archive available for their most ridiculous sketches. I'd pay good money for a disc's worth of American Sports Reporters.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Zane Lowe is a loving bellend.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

At the end of the day this >>http://i.imgur.com/DW6TI.jpg<< was probably my higlight of bbc's glasto coverage.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

LE0N posted:

At the end of the day this >>http://i.imgur.com/DW6TI.jpg<< was probably my higlight of bbc's glasto coverage.

Uhhh.... what's the story behind this?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Daedo posted:

Uhhh.... what's the story behind this?

Random shots of the crowd, a crowd which included Wayne Rooney

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
So... The Marriage Ref on ITV. A couple comes on and gives a problem (like a man who was annoyed at his wife trying to feed him 'exotic' foods like onions) and a pannel make fun and discuss the issue. Think of it as a light-hearted Jeremy Kyle. Crap Saturday night TV.

And then sometimes it exposes a man in his mid-thirties with a Chuckle Brother obsesssion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOugH8yZzyU

lionlegs
Feb 16, 2005
Ask me about my lego spheres!
I've been enjoying Penn & Teller: Fool Us on ITV the past couple of Saturdays. They did a one-off show of it earlier in the year and this is more of the same: magicians trying to fool Penn & Teller, if they can they get to perform in Vegas. I'm not a big fan of magic, or talent contests, but this is good TV. Very little emotional back-story, just lots of tricks to try and work out how they're done.

There was a classic Houdini trick this week, where Penn & Teller's remarks to the performers made me think one of them had a twin. Did anyone else get that impression?

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Ten pairs of Ugg boots and a hundred handbags? My vote's with the Chuckle guy.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sirens 10pm C4. Don't forget!

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

FreakyZoid posted:

Ten pairs of Ugg boots and a hundred handbags? My vote's with the Chuckle guy.

The man has genuine Chuckle Brother trousers. There are only two people who should own Chuckle Brother trousers. He is not one of them.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 26, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kin posted:

Turns out Robb Stark from Game of Thrones is in it. Sign me up!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Has Graham Duff been watching Psychoville too? Just saw a Silent Singer moment in Ideal.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kin posted:

But it looks poo poo :confused:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

M1TCH3LL posted:

I'm sure the Chris Moyles fan site has a collection of old Mark & Lard shows on their forum. I know they did a while ago, but I don't know if it's still around.

EDIT: http://chrismoyles.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20367 - just under the batch of Moyles shows.

holy poo poo, I can actually remember the 2003 Mark & Lard show with Jimmy Page as well as the graveyard shows. I shall be browsing this later.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

lionlegs posted:

I've been enjoying Penn & Teller: Fool Us on ITV the past couple of Saturdays. They did a one-off show of it earlier in the year and this is more of the same: magicians trying to fool Penn & Teller, if they can they get to perform in Vegas. I'm not a big fan of magic, or talent contests, but this is good TV. Very little emotional back-story, just lots of tricks to try and work out how they're done.

There was a classic Houdini trick this week, where Penn & Teller's remarks to the performers made me think one of them had a twin. Did anyone else get that impression?

Yeah, I've been watching this every week after loving the special at the start of the year. I quite like how it's the simple looking card tricks and the like that they have been fooled by every week, and the big extravagant illusions that they know right away. They way Penn was talking, it definitely seemed like a twin brother was the key to that trick.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.
Jesus gently caress this (sirens) is a lot grimmer than I expected.
e. this is loving terrible

boner meter fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 27, 2011

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

boner meter posted:

Jesus gently caress this (sirens) is a lot grimmer than I expected.
e. this is loving terrible

I don't think it's been advertised properly. They focused on the black comedy humor but not on any of the drama. Hopefully, this is just a setup for funny stuff later.

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 27, 2011

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006

Kin posted:

I don't think it's been advertised properly. They focused on the black comedy humor but not on any of the drama. Hopefully, this is just a setup for funny stuff later.

They could have the best dialogue in the world but the delivery of every single line is excruciating.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

boner meter posted:

They could have the best dialogue in the world but the delivery of every single line is excruciating.

Hey it could be worse... *sticks it on*

I was wrong :ughh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Turns out Robb Stark from Game of Thrones is in it. Sign me up!

Oh god, he's playing gay. No one tell the fangirls about this! :supaburn:

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006

Lurchibles posted:

Hey it could be worse... *sticks it on*

I was wrong :ughh:

A main character just threatened rape for comic effect.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Not impressed with Sirens so far, infact I'm more interested whether I just heard the sweet voice of Count Buckules on that Wrigleys ad...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

boner meter posted:

A main character just threatened rape for comic effect.

I thought it was more of a warning than a threat but whatever.

Edit: I quite liked that, it was dark and surprising in places. I'll be watching the next episode, that first one wasn't pure gold like the first episode of Peep Show for example but it is going places I think.

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 27, 2011