Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I read on a forum somewhere that Angle wrestled the 96 Olympics with a broken neck, he just had a doctor inject novacaine into his neck to dull the pain :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Ditch posted:

look he's just worked up about terrorists, nothing seriously wrong with

:yikes:

Brb going to go scream in a field until I feel better.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Angle was also injured at the time and didn't know the guy was a Z-league MMA fighter or something.

He definitely knew the guy was a fighter (he mentions it in his promo at the beginning of the segment), I think he wanted to fight him because of it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Someone should really let Bas Boon know that Hogan's Heroes is not a documentary.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
The ability to say I'm not a holocaust denier but I have questions should make it legal for anyone with a degree in anything higher than lawn care can just shove you off a cliff.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

1st AD posted:

I read on a forum somewhere that Angle wrestled the 96 Olympics with a broken neck, he just had a doctor inject novacaine into his neck to dull the pain :psyduck:

His coach and mentor Dave Schultz got shot dead in January, he broke two cervical vertebrae in the Olympic trials, and he still won the gold medal with no coach and nothing but novocaine injections. He's... driven.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Luigi Thirty posted:

His coach and mentor Dave Schultz got shot dead in January, he broke two cervical vertebrae in the Olympic trials, and he still won the gold medal with no coach and nothing but novocaine injections. He's... driven.

Driven to moonsault off the top of cages until he can no longer get up again

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Who was willing to give that man millions of dollars to invest in anything whatsoever? His website has the kind of radioactive crazy that is probably not concealed well (if at all) in-person. Like, I know combat sports attracts all sorts of shady characters, but even the notoriously bad investors that combat sports attracts should theoretically not want to work with people who should be on strong anti-psychotic medications.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The top two professions for sociopaths are CEOs and lawyers.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I found my favourite one. God Causes Obesity and Bomb Burgers for World Peace.

http://basboon.com/?p=1994

quote:

What’s wrong with God? He needs us humans write down all those rules in the Bible and Quran, but he forgets to say anything about processed foods, sugar, mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, mustard, ice cream, brownies, waffles, gluten, gmo’s, frappuccino’s, mars bars, raider bars, snickers bars, coca cola, red bull, corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, aspartame, milkshakes, heroine, lsd, here is a top ten list: http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/high-sugar-foods.php
Islam is promoting to have children as many as a soccer team, but the death rate now for diabetes, heart failure, thrombosis and strokes are skyrocketing. Therefore Clinton sending 22 cruise missiles to get revenge because of an assassination attempt on American president George Bush killing 6 Arabs for 25 million dollars of missile cost makes no sense.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It's moot anyway because Bellator PR says they signed him for a convention.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Ditch posted:

What self-respecting promotion would have someone who wrestled in the 1996 Olympics fighting in 2015?!

I enjoyed this.

Henderson wrestled in the 1992 Olympics.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Mr. Nice! posted:

The top two professions for sociopaths are CEOs and lawyers.
Well yeah but at least sociopaths aren't likely to do something destructively irrational. They have a reptilian outlook on life, which is much better than believing that our lives are secretly ruled by actual reptilians.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

poo poo. I wanted to see what happens when wrestling prophecy is thwarted and Angle dies in an MMA Cage instead.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Wasn't there a story about the UFC wanting Kurt Angle to be on the TUF Heavyweights season but he failed the physical?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Wasn't there a story about the UFC wanting Kurt Angle to be on the TUF Heavyweights season but he failed the physical?

Kurt was letting his painkillers talk for him again and he claimed that Dana White wanted him to do MMA. When asked, Dana White laughed and said he'd be welcome to a spot on TUF. No idea what happened after that.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Supposedly he failed the medical.

Kimbo got on though...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

origami posted:

Supposedly he failed the medical.

Kimbo got on though...

Kimbo never had access to the kind of wonderdrugs WWE has access to.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

coconono posted:

Kimbo never had access to the kind of wonderdrugs WWE has access to.

Actually I think cocaine is readily available on the streets of Miami.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Is it true that the top guys had access to designer steroids and that's why they never got popped for anything in the modern era when they supposedly test?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

1st AD posted:

Is it true that the top guys had access to designer steroids and that's why they never got popped for anything in the modern era when they supposedly test?

I'm sure pro wrestling drug testing is as legitimate as their fights. Only the no names or people they're mad at are going to have a problem with it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm sure pro wrestling drug testing is as legitimate as their fights. Only the no names or people they're mad at are going to have a problem with it.

Supposedly Gary Strydom's Thailand operation is doing stem cell therapy in lieu of steroids.

Also Kurt was named as a client when that one steroid supplier was shut down.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Finally we know what planned parenthood was doing!

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

maybe the japanese promotion that's going to be airing on spike that's trying to start an over 45s division and is also considering funaki and kohsaka as opponents for fedor lol

its been a really long time since I thought about funaki

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bundt Cake posted:

its been a really long time since I thought about funaki

Same, but my trigger was Russell Westbrook's Halloween costume.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's mostly public info if you know where to look and are willing to listen to poo poo like eddie goldman's podcast or read forum posts by heath herring's loudmouth "friends". also the kickboxing illuminati want to have sex with a map of japan so they stay really up to date on this stuff even though they tend to be dutch.

Just got a call, all your info came to fruition in the past 12 hours

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

willie_dee posted:

Just got a call, all your info came to fruition in the past 12 hours

gently caress yes.

Get him of asinine poo poo he eats now please.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

gently caress yes.

Get him of asinine poo poo he eats now please.

yeah, no yazoo for the big man until 2016

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

NSAC hearing with Wanderlei & Palhares is today, doesn't appear to be listed on fightpass since neither are in the UFC

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

Have they announced Fedor's opponent yet

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

acai moonsault posted:

NSAC hearing with Wanderlei & Palhares is today, doesn't appear to be listed on fightpass since neither are in the UFC

Jeremy Botter is live tweeting it and we're discussing it in the UFC thread

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

Have they announced Fedor's opponent yet

Fedors going to fight a mattress with arms or a family of overweight otters and it will be loving great.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

jim_genia posted:

That MMA promotion that holds shows in an alley in Schenectady is now sponsored by a jewelry store. Were no check cashing places available?

Sometimes it's good to remember that however ridiculous and low-rent the mma we all know of and watch is, there are unplumbed depths out there.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
KSW is tonight

Typical of them to have it when JT is out of the country, last time it was arranged we got tickets and were going to storm the ring and challenge the winner of the HW fight but they found out so and cancelled the card.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What time does it start?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Everybody I recognize on that card is someone that I'm surprised is still fighting

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

origami posted:

Everybody I recognize on that card is someone that I'm surprised is still fighting

Same but I only recognize McSweeny and Pudz.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I recognize more people on this card than most ufc cards.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Same but I only recognize McSweeny and Pudz.

JT Money, goran reljic, oli thomspon, andre winner, and falcao have all fought in the ufc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

henkman posted:

JT Money, goran reljic, oli thomspon, andre winner, and falcao have all fought in the ufc

let us be clear that JT$ was robbed of his shot in the ufc do to a mere drunken rampage