Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Yes, but I was wrong about the provenance of the idea. It was the civil service and not the Lords.

as for why, just people joking around while trying to come up with solutions for what to do with millions of people who might not want to become residents of a totalitarian state once the handover happened.

Yeah that makes sense in that context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

hakimashou posted:

Europeans were really anti-semitic with pogroms and expulsions and all kinds of brutality against Jews for centuries, then they continued the same as they'd always done but worse with the holocaust.

I suspect Europeans will continue to find reasons to be outraged by Jews and want to see their one safe country wiped out.

1: lol
2: israel isnt exactly safe, even for jews from right-wing jews

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
maybe israel could not be an apartheid state???

really makes u think

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
makes me think.. make a thread about it..

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Maybe this derail should stop

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I will destroy all British people

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I will destroy all British people

Finally a policy I can get behind.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

typical nationalism. all people everywhere must be destroyed

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/messina2012/status/879353496646152192

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/879357029021863936

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

lol that your ancestors prob did have sex with horses & sheep and maybe are related to me

fucky ducky!!!!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmfao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So there's a new Jackie Chan movie coming out where Pierce Brosnan plays Gerry Adams and he's the bad guy after the IRA car bomb kills Jackie's daughter. It seems cool but I'm just terrified the end is going to be Jackie Chan yelling about strong and stable leadership as he chops down the magical money tree

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

god drat

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this tweet belongs in a museum

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
lmao

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

lol at some autistic tanky denying the genocide that forced my ancestors to move north america just lol

taking a dump aint genocide u turd bird!!!!! TRUD!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

he never should have come back lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Likening a dirty war like The Troubles to a genocide is literally liberalism.

so no then

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yinlock posted:

so no then

The only people being genocided were the Irish.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

No no, the planned genocide never made it off the drawing board.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

TomViolence posted:

quote:

Sammy Wilson, currently a DUP MP, Belfast City councillor and from today, Minister of Finance in the Northern Ireland Executive described the UDA's plans for mass murder and ethnic cleansing as a "very valuable return to reality" and that it showed "that some loyalist paramilitaries are looking ahead and contemplating what needs to be done to maintain our separate Ulster identity".
:thunk:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

TomViolence posted:

ulstersdoomed.blogspot.co.uk

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

jBrereton posted:

(Oh yeah also it can't get out of the docks if the tide is too high, lmao)

This is a problem for a lot of ships actually. Tides and coastal geography are a bitch.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

We should blowup the moon

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

TomViolence posted:

There are sites about Roswell that are better sourced than this. A bunch of them, actually. Zero sources is pretty easy to beat.

Terror Sweat posted:

We should blowup the moon

Should we propel it away from us first, or should we annihilate almost all life on Earth with the resulting chunks of moon? I'm down with either solution.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
imagine a prime minister saying they didn't want to nuke the moon?!?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

imagine a prime minister saying they didn't want to nuke the moon?!?

well, speaker of the house is kinda akin to prime minister, being selected by majority vote of the lower chamber, and i dont think newt gingrich ever wanted to nuke the moon :thunk:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

There are sites about Roswell that are better sourced than this. A bunch of them, actually. Zero sources is pretty easy to beat.

How about the Torygraph?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/10/dup-mps-now-hold-balance-power/

quote:

Earlier this year the former Lord Mayor of Belfast equated Sinn Fein with Isis, and he has been accused of condoning calls for ethnic cleansing when he voiced approval for a a call for Catholics to be "expelled, nullified, or interned."

In 1994 the Ulster Defence Association had published a document intending to "establish an ethnic Protestant homeland". It discussed taking large sections of the Catholic community hostage as "bargaining chips" for the release of Protestants living in counties where the British Army no longer patrolled.

As a DUP press officer at the time, Mr Wilson said: "While some will no doubt denounce and ridicule their plan, nevertheless it shows that some loyalist paramilitaries are looking ahead and contemplating what needs to be done to maintain our separate Ulster identity.

"While I have always been careful never to threaten a Bosnian type situation in Northern Ireland, it is clear that others foresee such a possibility. It is unfortunate that Ulstermen are now having to contemplate such dramatic and radical action."

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Search for the phrase and see what you find.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Search for the phrase and see what you find.

What I found was multiple sources confirming that the DUP published a program for ethnic cleansing in 1994.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What I found was multiple sources confirming that the DUP published a program for ethnic cleansing in 1994.

OK. My searching skills aren't elite. I searched for "expelled nullified interned" and some variations. What did you search and what did you find?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The DUP just wanted to peacefully ethnically cleanse Northern Ireland. This isn't a plan of genocide or a crime against humanity at all.

Did everyone posting in this thread lose their loving minds? Might as well start defending Rhodesia and Botha's South Africa at this rate

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

KomradeX posted:

The DUP just wanted to peacefully ethnically cleanse Northern Ireland. This isn't a plan of genocide or a crime against humanity at all.

Did everyone posting in this thread lose their loving minds? Might as well start defending Rhodesia and Botha's South Africa at this rate

it's called an exchange of populations my lad and its perfectly legal :smugdon:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jose posted:

so colonialism is good when you're doing it

I've met tankies who think colonialism is good if it's a non-western power doing it, but I don't think that's what Pener is saying.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

OK. My searching skills aren't elite. I searched for "expelled nullified interned" and some variations. What did you search and what did you find?

It's easier to pick out an attributed statement and quote "" search it, because statements have to be quoted verbatim.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the resistance found itself a powerful ally

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

smashing