Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Ye Mighty posted:

Also, Naky is there any special trick to installing the Armory? I installed the latest one by adding the data files to my NV folder and then opening the 7z file with FOMM, activating the Armory mod and the cabinet add-on and I'm still getting big red arrows over some folks. Easy Pete somehow ended up with what I think is a four-barrel shotgun and as much as I like him, I might need it...

I don't quite understand what you mean by the 7z installation you described. Either use the FOMOD via the package manager in FOMM, or extract the textures/meshes/sounds folders + the esm and any optional esps you want into your data folder from the manual 7z. It should work without issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

Oh Nexus, never change. If you're considerably bothered that the default character noises are too manly for the 9 year old boy you're RPing, someone has done some custom VA work for you.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34919

He sounds like he just wants to play as a post-apocalyptic Link. But I expected Nexus users to understand that mods don't work on consoles.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
Jesus. Why is it that I can't seem to get my game to work well. Now my audio issues are gone, but now it fails to close properly when I play. Even if I just pop into the main menu and then exit, it just sits there, mocking me.

In other news, I made a new character just to enjoy the DLC, but I can't help but play most of the main story.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I'm wondering if the 4GB enabler actually works for me? I have custom launch in FOmod set directly to the exe. Yet I take a look into my task manager and in the processes tab NV never uses more than like 996mb of my RAM and I have 6GB.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

Horns posted:

Stutter Remover hasn't worked since the last patch I'm afraid. It needs to be updated, but appears to have been abandoned. Best bet for capping your framerate now is a 3rd party program like Dxtory (it's basically Fraps with a frame limiting option).

You should also check out the 4GB enabler, letting the game use more RAM can resolve some stuttering problems. If you're using the script extender, you'll need the version that works with it. Either way, go to nvse.silverlock.org (link for the NVSE version is towards the bottom in the frequently asked questions section).

It's a shame that stutter remover had been abandoned. For what it's worth I do use the 4GB enabler and it has solved quite a few stutter problems. The problem with the camera is if I turn too fast, the game stutters a bit, especially in third person and when transitioning. It also happens when the game loads a large area, such as the Nellis Hangars.

I guess I'll just try and ride it out.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ye Mighty posted:

Unfortunately that's not working for me either. So far, I've completely de-activated every mod, deleted both the Fallout.ini and the Fallout_defaults.ini, then verified the game cache and the problem persists. I can't come up with anything that might help short of a full uninstall and reinstall, but I just spent the last two days downloading and installing all the mods I wanted and I'm not sure if I can bring myself to do it again. I just want to know the odds of whether I'm going to be able to pop some dude in the head. Is that so much to ask?

Hey, so what would happen if you went into your Fallout New Vegas \ Data \ Textures folder and deleted the interface files? Then you went and deleted your Menus folder. Then you verified cache integrity and forced Steam to download whatever files it considered critical? I'm curious. Seems like you have nothing to lose at this point.

Cubemario posted:

I'm wondering if the 4GB enabler actually works for me? I have custom launch in FOmod set directly to the exe. Yet I take a look into my task manager and in the processes tab NV never uses more than like 996mb of my RAM and I have 6GB.

Do you use a number of resource-intensive mods? It's possible that your game just doesn't need the extra RAM, even if it's allowed to use it.

Ye Mighty
Feb 13, 2008
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Balls, ye Mighty, and despair!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hey, so what would happen if you went into your Fallout New Vegas \ Data \ Textures folder and deleted the interface files? Then you went and deleted your Menus folder. Then you verified cache integrity and forced Steam to download whatever files it considered critical? I'm curious. Seems like you have nothing to lose at this point.
Actually, I ended up figuring it out. It seems like somewhere along the line I borked an install or uninstall of the Darnified UI mod, which left some stuff working normally and some stuff completely messed up. I went ahead and reinstalled the DUI mod from scratch and everything is as good as new again!

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I'm using NMCs medium texture pack, cosmetic fixes, flora overhaul, the armory, interior light overhaul, enhanced blood textures, and imaginator. I think that's fairly resource intensive and my game stutters quite a bit, but that could be due to my HDD.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I still can't figure out why half the rounds I fire simply just disappear. I'll be aiming dead center at a legionnaire at a pretty close ranged, zoomed in, crouched, and I'll fire half a clip and he'll sit there like my gun was firing blanks.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Omnicarus posted:

There nothing wrong with liking Underground Hideout. I'm basing a little housing mod that I'm making on its earlier versions. It has a ton of really good ideas and its earlier versions were just about the best houses out at the time. Unfortunately it's also a great example of a modder who just kept piling poo poo rather than polishing what he had.

Without sounding too needy (hopefully), how is this coming along? I'm still super excited to try it out, but I do recognize it's quite a daunting task.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

potaties posted:

Without sounding too needy (hopefully), how is this coming along? I'm still super excited to try it out, but I do recognize it's quite a daunting task.

It's coming really well. I'm finishing up the last of the living area sorters right now. It took me longer than expected to get my gaming computer up to work on it so I'm a little behind schedule, but all that is left to do really is lighting, NavMesh for companions, making the quest so it actually fits into the game/lore, and bug testing. Listed there it sounds like a lot more than it actually is. I've been testing it as thoroughly as I can as sections get finished so the bug testing won't be more than an afternoon of making sure bizarre little items don't get lost in shuffling and making sure I didn't forget text in a message somewhere.

Pictures actually speak way more than words. Everything is more or less placed. I haven't placed any lights yet so its darker than it will be. I'm doing lighting tomorrow.

The original entrance. It's in the hills northwest of Goodsprings. The only thing even remotely close is a coyote spawn that is near the road. So you won't aggro anything as soon as you leave or fast travel to it. No more deadly 5 Mantis Ambushes! Also you can't see it but the area was really ugly prior to modding. The cliffs were tilted in a way that they created a straight wall of dirt that looked horrible.

I rebuilt the area a little so that it looks better. The black square over my guy's left shoulder is the actual entrance. In an effort to fix the ungodly dirt wall I added some cliffs and accidentally created a great view of the western portion of the map.

Here's the main living area. Bookshelves will display skill books, prewar books, and magazines. The medical area is to the right. That door in the center is the front door that leads to a tiny cave corridor that links to the outside.

A closeup of the medical area. The Chemistry set allows you to create 5 Stimpaks or 1 jet, 1 psycho, 1 buffout, and 1 Med-X every 24 hours. Considering how plentiful these objects are from the get-go I didn't consider it overpowered. Also the surgical cart will let you heal yourself provided you have a high enough medical skill. As it stands you have to have 30 Medicine to remove addictions, 40 skill to remove radiation, and 50 skill to fully heal your HP and limbs.

Your bathroom. It's pretty useless honestly. Some shelves and a container or two. Mostly included for fluff.

Your kitchen. The sorters will put food in the refrigerator or a water storage crate off to the left. Also you can stock the shelves to display your booze or nuka cola collection. I figured that most people would want to put stuff where they'd like it so a lot of the counter space is left empty for whatever you want.

The living area. You sleep here.

Overall I'm really pleased with the way it is turning out. In terms of square footage(32 squares) it is 40% smaller than the Lucky 38 Suite(51 squares) and 30% smaller than Underground Hideout(43 squares), with no loading areas except the initial world to hideout. Most of the functionality of the latter is still there, though I have left a few features out on purposes. Specifically no water purifier to turn dirty water into purified water(There is a purified water faucet), no power management, and no greenhouse.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 12, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Do you use a number of resource-intensive mods? It's possible that your game just doesn't need the extra RAM, even if it's allowed to use it.

It also depends on your .ini settings too. If you've got the cell buffers set to lower amounts then even if you've got the space for it, it's not going to keep things in memory that will exceed those numbers.

Brace posted:

I still can't figure out why half the rounds I fire simply just disappear. I'll be aiming dead center at a legionnaire at a pretty close ranged, zoomed in, crouched, and I'll fire half a clip and he'll sit there like my gun was firing blanks.

Do you have the "auto aim disabler" mod? New Vegas has this really annoying auto-aim system that will do a dice roll to see if you hit or miss based on your weapon skill, independent of whether or not you're aiming directly at your target.

Alternatively, if you're using something like the projectiles optional mod with the Armory (the one that makes bullets into projectiles that will use ballistic modelling instead of just hitscan), some of them have REALLY high bullet drop for some reason - the anti-materiel rifle is a big offender in that category. I think the weapon spread also gets a bit fuzzy when you're way out at long range - although the sniper rifles and such have lower weapon spread than other guns, it's not non-existent, and since there's really very little feedback about where your shot actually went when you're that far away, it's hard to tell if you missed because you missed, or if you missed because the bullet just deviated way off to the side.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 12, 2011

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Rirse posted:

Playing the Requiem for the Captial Wasteland mod, I decided to do the Operation: Anchorage DLC, which works fine...except fact all your companions join you in the computer simulation. Which gave me the smart idea of putting all my items inside ED-E, so I'm running around in the DLC with all my gear and party...and franky it makes this pretty bah DLC fun. Only annoyance when it teleports your character, as it strips all your equipment, requiring a quick trip to ED-E.

Anyway, here a few pictures from my time in so far. (people in the picture are my character, ED-E, Cass, and Charon wearing the metal armor and Hazmat darklight cowl from Old World Blues)

Can I ask how you got the hair to stay "on" while wearing that helmet? I got one in OWB and I like it, but whenever my character puts it on she instantly becomes bald. She looks really creepy when she's bald. It's freaking me out.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Alternatively, if you're using something like the projectiles optional mod with the Armory (the one that makes bullets into projectiles that will use ballistic modelling instead of just hitscan), some of them have REALLY high bullet drop for some reason - the anti-materiel rifle is a big offender in that category. I think the weapon spread also gets a bit fuzzy when you're way out at long range - although the sniper rifles and such have lower weapon spread than other guns, it's not non-existent, and since there's really very little feedback about where your shot actually went when you're that far away, it's hard to tell if you missed because you missed, or if you missed because the bullet just deviated way off to the side.

So far, my best fix for that issue has been to use the Bullet Impact Increased LOD mod (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35591). Even with the higher recoiling weapons like the Anti-Mat Rifle I'm still able to see a relative impact point a great distance out, so I can adjust if needed or get ready for more follow-up shots.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Can I ask how you got the hair to stay "on" while wearing that helmet? I got one in OWB and I like it, but whenever my character puts it on she instantly becomes bald. She looks really creepy when she's bald. It's freaking me out.

I believe its part of the OWB tweak package made by a fellow Goon.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42901

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
This is sort of a reply to myself about a question I asked a while ago, but for anyone else who's interested, I found a conversion between game units and real distance on the GECK wiki:

1 meter = 70 units
1 yard = 64 units

So any modders out there trying to figure out what in-game distance/speed settings would be in real-life, there you go.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I'm not sure if this is a modding bug or a New Vegas bug, but I'll ask here:

Before I did the DLCs (all of them- Dead Money -> Honest Hearts -> Old World Blues) I sent all my companions to the Lucky 38. I also happen to be using a mod that lets me use all companions at once.

Now, I am finished with all the DLC, and I go to the Lucky 38 and they all have empty inventories. None of the stuff I gave them- weapons, armor, anything. They're clean.

With two exceptions: Cass and Rex. I think maybe they were the last two I sent back. However the thing is- they weren't anywhere to be found. Not in their usual homes or the Lucky 38, and they did not show up on the world map having been dismissed.

So I used prid <ref_id> and moveto player to teleport them to me (this doesn't disable achievements I hope Thanks!) and their inventories are untouched!

Anyone else experience this? I'm glad to have gotten all my companions back, and I wager all of the stuff in my companion inventories are gone (including some unique weapons I should've stored first) but I was wondering if this was more a bug from possibly my companion mod or if this kind of things just happens with the Lucky 38. I gotta go and find them all new armor before I continue- this sucks since I use light armor, and had them using/carrying any medium/heavy armor.

Comic fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 12, 2011

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Comic posted:

So I used prid <ref_id> and moveto player to teleport them to me (this doesn't disable achievements I hope) and their inventories are untouched!

I don't know about the rest, but using the console does disable achievements. Having used the console doesn't get marked on your savegame though, so you can just use the console to your hearts content, save, then exit and restart the game. It'll forget you used the console and achievements will work as normal.

GertLush
Aug 24, 2005
For those using PN, what's a good value to set DT Minimum Damage at. The default is 25%, but I'd guess that 15% might be better to make things more challenging. Thoughts?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

GertLush posted:

For those using PN, what's a good value to set DT Minimum Damage at. The default is 25%, but I'd guess that 15% might be better to make things more challenging. Thoughts?

You usually have better guns and armor than your opponents. So the higher the percentage the more challenging.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Arrath posted:

I believe its part of the OWB tweak package made by a fellow Goon.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42901

Exact mod I'm using too.

White Legs
Apr 24, 2006

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price." :911:

So uhhh yeah!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

White Legs posted:

So uhhh yeah!

I always think the Geckos look like Deep Ones. Where's an Innsmouth mod when you want one?

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007

vandalism posted:

It's due to where wmx is in your load order I would imagine. It should be closer to the end. You need to install and run BOSS, because all of those mods are on BOSS auto sort list (or most of them).

Thanks, that did it for me.

Ye Mighty
Feb 13, 2008

Naky posted:

I don't quite understand what you mean by the 7z installation you described. Either use the FOMOD via the package manager in FOMM, or extract the textures/meshes/sounds folders + the esm and any optional esps you want into your data folder from the manual 7z. It should work without issue.
Having installed it both ways, I'm still coming to the same result - the cabinets and the weapons are all there, but almost every weapon's produces the big red exclamation point. The few that show up seem to have wonky textures that completely change depending on the angle I'm viewing them at. Something is definitely wrong but I'm not sure what. I'm tried uninstalling other weapons mod like retexturing and WMX, but it didn't seem to help. I'm really stoked to give these a shot, as all the variety seems to be fantastic - can you think of anything that might cause this?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Try toggling Archive Invalidation off then on again under tools in FOMM.

Ye Mighty
Feb 13, 2008

Horns posted:

Try toggling Archive Invalidation off then on again under tools in FOMM.
Success! Thanks so everybody for your help. Finally I can get my second run-through going, this time with DLC, modded quests, new guns, new armors... I could not be more excited.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
I downloaded the GECK from the OP, but it crashes immediately after the splash screen shows up. How do I fix that?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

What are the big differences between WMX and WME? Do they both have all weapon mods fully modeled?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Ye Mighty posted:

Success! Thanks so everybody for your help. Finally I can get my second run-through going, this time with DLC, modded quests, new guns, new armors... I could not be more excited.
Cool, glad to hear it. Enjoy The Armory and its insane amount of weapons!

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Luminaflare posted:

What are the big differences between WMX and WME? Do they both have all weapon mods fully modeled?

No, only WME provides visual upgrades to the weapon with EVERY mod.

Besides that the differences aren't that huge so just use whatever.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It also depends on your .ini settings too. If you've got the cell buffers set to lower amounts then even if you've got the space for it, it's not going to keep things in memory that will exceed those numbers.

Do you have the "auto aim disabler" mod? New Vegas has this really annoying auto-aim system that will do a dice roll to see if you hit or miss based on your weapon skill, independent of whether or not you're aiming directly at your target.

Well I have project nevada and the auto aim settings set to 5000 yards(max) and 0.0, 0.0 for both of the other settings. No, I'm not currently using the armory. It's not even that it's at a long range, it's mid to close range and the rounds just... don't seem to be doing any damage whatsoever.

Rockbear
Sep 11, 2001

Milady, 'tis the clobbering hour.
I saw "Lurker101s Billboard and Poster Pack" in the recently updated files and clicked, thinking I'd find extra posters like some of the ones goons have made in the past.

Following some rule of inverse importance, the description page reads like a Wikipedia article. Here's my revision:

Lurker101s Billboard and Poster Pack posted:

Replaces existing posters and billboards with pictures of women with their titties out and bending over furniture.

All textures aged via Photoshop filters because the apparent newness of the posters will break MY IMMERSION.

Then I saw the "update":

Lurker101s Billboard and Poster Pack posted:

For those of you who have been following and want to know why I pulled this mod for a week, I have to apologize to you all. Not for pulling the file down, no, but for the reason I pulled it. I discovered that one of the women in older versions of the Lurker101 Billboard and Poster pack had artificially enhanced breasticles. I have done my homework and this mistake will not be repeated.

:siren:The purity of my NV tits mod has been destroyed by some hussy's fake breasts! I must pull it down immediately to preserve my reputation.:siren:

Modding to-do list:

- Find address of each nude model
- Obtain social security number from trash
- Break into medical records, ensure pureness of breasticles
- Kill them and keep their breasticles in labeled jars in closet
- Repost poster pack on nexus

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Brace posted:

Well I have project nevada and the auto aim settings set to 5000 yards(max) and 0.0, 0.0 for both of the other settings. No, I'm not currently using the armory. It's not even that it's at a long range, it's mid to close range and the rounds just... don't seem to be doing any damage whatsoever.

Try setting the autoaim parameters to just really small numbers instead of actually zero.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Male Man posted:

Try setting the autoaim parameters to just really small numbers instead of actually zero.

Yeah - according to the GECK wiki, it can cause issues if they're set to exactly zero. Using something like 0.000001 is better.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Hm, I'll check it out and report back. Seems to be working alright, not missing every other shot now.

Where are the AG Supplementary Uniques actually supposed to be? I looked through I think every nipton house and didn't find the weapon that's supposed to be there, and I didn't find the one in Primm Sheriff's Office either.

Brace fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 12, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
They're usually hidden really well. Check behind and on top of every stick of furniture and you should come across one eventually.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Horns posted:

They're usually hidden really well. Check behind and on top of every stick of furniture and you should come across one eventually.

It's also possible to overdo that. Sometimes they're just sitting on a table that you overlook because "Why would it just be sitting on a table, that's TOO easy."

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

NMC Texture Pack 1.3 is out
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43135

He hasn't been updating the version # on nexus so you have to check the site manually for updates. :mad:

edit: Uninstalled Poco Bueno instead of having both Poco Bueno with NMC on top of it. NMC Large 1.3 has better framerates for me now. Interesting.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, they can be kind of inconsistent. It doesn't often fit in terms of quality, either. The one Brace is looking for in Nipton took me like 15 solid minutes of searching and ended up being somewhat mediocre compared to the equipment I had when I found it, but the Safari Rifle is just sitting on a shelf in the Gypsum Train Yard office and it's been my go-to gun through all the DLCs (though to be fair I got lucky and the place wasn't swarming with Deathclaws like it normally is).