Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bEatmstrJ posted:

And until I pointed that out, no one made a single mention of it. So apparently it's not an issue.

We honestly couldn't tell from all the HDR you ran through your photos.

But as the others say, it really IS that interesting. That's why we're posting.

Post the toilet room, and log out. Come back to the thread tomorrow once both you and we have cooled off.
It's for the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Azza Bamboo posted:

What if the toilet is untouched? Still the original white porcelain and those cream tiles, just taking shelter in the shame cupboard. It's hiding from the destruction that awaits.

No he said it's gray.

We need more deets man

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.

Source4Leko posted:

This actually sounds really interesting. Did they use steel or wood?

Very heavy 15ft 8x10 wood beams. Probably the most interesting part was that they had to hoist them in through the 2nd floor window since they were too big to walk through the house.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Three Olives posted:

Question:

When you were designing the dream makeup vanity what made you think harsh, uneven, indirect light?

females love fancy things, and females love vanity mirrors, so females love chandeliers over their vanity mirrors

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

You wake up, alone, in a strange shower, completely unaware of how you ended up here. Four large shower heads and several odd nozzles are running at what appears to be maximum capacity. Your head is pounding and your limbs feel heavy--you begin to suspect that you have been drugged! The door leading out of the room is open. You hear strange grunting sounds coming from a nearby room. There is no toilet in sight.

What do you do?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It is the incongruity of simultaneously posting "I made it how I like it and that's all that matters" and also seeking attention and approval for what you made.

If you genuinely didn't care, you never needed to post. If you genuinely do care, you could have consulted with a well-recommended interior designer, and had something that people in general would agree is tasteful or at least not revolting.

So the actual core object of ridicule is how you cannot reconcile these two conflicting motives.

...also the blatant :biotruths: :females: of your previous thread is lingering, and that's hilarious too

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Azza Bamboo posted:

What if the toilet is untouched? Still the original white porcelain and those cream tiles, just taking shelter in the shame cupboard. It's hiding from the destruction that awaits.

But you're also kinda right:

"a tiny room. With some grey tile on the floor and unpainted walls."

so just dry wall

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bEatmstrJ posted:

And until I pointed that out, no one made a single mention of it. So apparently it's not an issue.

There’s sure egg on my face now.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

bEatmstrJ posted:

a) plenty of people mentioned the rocks
b) it wasn't cause they look good cause they don't, they're just only kind of dumb as opposed to actively in defiance of colour theory for interior design
c) how well has flipping the house gone

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

man that's a lot of loving plastic pebbles i tell you what

you know how rock pebbles make that sometimes comforting rock pebble sound?
these probably sound like cheapness when pushed around

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

gently caress the haters imo, make the plastic rocks fire engine red

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

bEatmstrJ posted:

Very heavy 15ft 8x10 wood beams. Probably the most interesting part was that they had to hoist them in through the 2nd floor window since they were too big to walk through the house.

Post the toilet

AdinaAstra
Feb 28, 2019
What do I need to do to convince you to post your supposedly boring toilet surrounded by drywall?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

A pebble rug around the toilet

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Which of these most closely resembles your shitter

a)

b)

c)

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

use these

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
he's afraid to post the toilet because it's load bearing and he knows we are going to have a few "yucks" about that fact

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Source4Leko posted:

This actually sounds really interesting. Did they use steel or wood?

Standard balloon framing uses 8x10s as joists. He had engineered joists in his framing for one of two reasons a) it was built by a large residential building firm who buys so much lumber that they can cut costs and achieve the same engineering standards or b) he lives in a region where lumber is scarce.Sistering in the 8x10s is the Occam's Razor solution to the problem he created for himself.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The rock pebbles wouldn't be too much weight would they ???

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Azza Bamboo posted:

If it's engineered the way he says, no.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'm disappointed that this isn't a pit toilet that lets you see it go all the way down.

SuperDepressing
Feb 19, 2011

Here's the toilet

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Azza Bamboo posted:

Absolutely negligible compared to the weight of a tub full of water.

Ironically, probably easier to keep clean, though. What happens when you try to vacuum dust up from a pile of plastic rocks...?

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

You wake up, alone, in a strange shower, completely unaware of how you ended up here. Four large shower heads and several odd nozzles are running at what appears to be maximum capacity. Your head is pounding and your limbs feel heavy--you begin to suspect that you have been drugged! The door leading out of the room is open. You hear strange grunting sounds coming from a nearby room. There is no toilet in sight.

What do you do?

-POST TOILET

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Why would you go to so much effort over your bathroom and not even bother to paint your toilet room??? That boggles me more than anything I think.

WrenP-Complete posted:

The OP of this thread has a clear rule I thought. She's been permabanned so I don't know what the rules are now?

Edit: also Anne she says hi and asks for your Twitter but I don't think you have PMs so I am communicating in thread about it!
I don't have a twitter :cry: my email is annewhateley, gmail if you don't want to pass messages! I'm not great at checking it but I will for her

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Honestly I am kind of amazed that plastic pebbles exist, like what is the use case? Actual pebbles are already cheap and durable.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Djeser posted:

Galaxy Brain: Replace the plastic pebbles with red lava glass/rock and turn it into a fire pit. You have now increased the synergy with the rest of the red aesthetic, removed any risk of mold from the equation, and while bathing can pretend that your vampire master is cooking you in a large stew pot.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 28, 2019

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
This entire bathroom is a gallery deserving of Toilets with Threatening Auras, even without the toilet.

Like, bEatmasterJ, I get that you got what you want. What confuses me is why you think it's what other people want.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Gettin in on this bathroom posting in an effort to see that sweet tricked out toilet you undoubtedly have hidden away

It may be a little small, and the floor is fake tile, and the meme on my shower curtain might be a little dated at this point, but one huge benefit of this bathroom is the floor joists are 100% un-hosed

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Vox Nihili posted:

What do you do?

hire decorator

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Leperflesh posted:

Absolutely negligible compared to the weight of a tub full of water.

I don't know about pebbles but a ton of gravel wouldn't even fully cover me if I laid on the ground. Sure, a generous bathtub is probably half a cubic meter but that's about half a metric ton of water.

The tub weighs a lot for sure but don't underestimate the weight of a single layer of rock.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You understand there's no rocks under the tub, right?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Tetracube posted:

Which of these most closely resembles your shitter
c)

ok how do I get this one

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

Honestly I am kind of amazed that plastic pebbles exist, like what is the use case? Actual pebbles are already cheap and durable.

I've seen them used for aquariums and glass/plastic planters. Even then though they're more likely to be glass instead of plastic as it stays cleaner longer.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I genuinely have no idea why he answered me and not all the other goons who have been asking the exact same questions.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Ugh, fine, in order to be sporting, in the spirit of the thread, I will post my own bathroom for goon critique and criticism. I like unconventional things, and am on a limited budget, so I beg of the mighty goon hivemind to please be kind.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Leperflesh posted:

You understand there's no rocks under the tub, right?

I can't operate under the assumption that this job has been done the sensible way.

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

bEatmstrJ posted:

The reason I don't respond to most of the things that are said is simply because everyone is quick to assume that everything is a problem that only exists in my bathroom and nowhere else. I usually ignore these things because there's no way for me to prove anything that will be satisfactory to the apparently hilariously high standards of the average person in this thread.

1. Large 8x10 beams were sistered in next to the existing joists. This was engineered appropriately and is very uninteresting.
2. The pebble tray is full of very lightweight plastic rocks. The bathtub doesn't get used much and even when it does there is no water or spillage onto said rocks. Aside from a few random hairs here and there they don't get moist or dirty. Any vacuum with a hose attachment would work fine for cleaning. If I really needed to I could easily load them up in a bucket for a gentle washing.
3. I'm not being weird about my toilet. YOU GUYS are being weird about my toilet. Its a loving toilet. In a tiny room. With some grey tile on the floor and unpainted walls. It's completely uninteresting.

My money is on twin grey cultured stone toilets with red seats resting on T (formerly I) joists, each surrounded by a gentle circle of pebbles and graced with its own chandelier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Djeser posted:

better yet replace it with ball pit balls