Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Wrap it up, OKCailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Presti planned perfectly for them to lose in this playoffs so that they’d get a slightly higher draft pick. What an absolute genius please take more tax money

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Dereck Lively really came alive and it was fun to see his activity even if I did want the thunder to win

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Lively had as many offensive boards as Chet had total rebounds in Games 5 and 6.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dereck Lively really came alive and it was fun to see his activity even if I did want the thunder to win

He seemed to have the jitters at points during the series but definitely got it together at the right time.

He's more confident in his FTs now after all that practice, too.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Dejan Bimble posted:

In a normal season he'd have been Rookie of the Year

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

havelock posted:

He seemed to have the jitters at points during the series but definitely got it together at the right time.

He's more confident in his FTs now after all that practice, too.

Yeah it's interesting how good he was as a rookie even if it came in fits and starts

tanglewood1420 posted:

In a normal season he'd have been Rookie of the Year
Yeah he got blake griffined by chet

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yeah it's interesting how good he was as a rookie even if it came in fits and starts

Yeah he got blake griffined by chet

Who was in turn uh... Well Wemby is very very good

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Telluric Whistler posted:

Who was in turn uh...

https://x.com/ClutchPoints/status/1763414532976672993

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spacebump posted:

I can’t imagine how good Dallas will be when Luka is as old as SGA and Lively is as old as Chet.

Finding out SGA is a year older than Luka just did psychic damage to me

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

anakha posted:

Top three seeds separated by one game doesn't really say anything about who was the best. And that lack of size would have been an issue against either MIN or DEN even if they had won this series.
Chet would have been made to look like a drat fool in a playoff series against Jokic.
Does he low-stick opponents in the nuts?

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 19, 2024

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My buddies spent $700 each for nearly the worst seats you can buy in MSG for game 7. It is ridiculous that’s what you have to spend to see a Knicks playoff game. Although I will say if they were to somehow make the Finals I will gladly spend whatever it takes to go.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

IcePhoenix posted:

Finding out SGA is a year older than Luka just did psychic damage to me

did u know: sga is the same age as tatum

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

RCarr posted:

My buddies spent $700 each for nearly the worst seats you can buy in MSG for game 7. It is ridiculous that’s what you have to spend to see a Knicks playoff game. Although I will say if they were to somehow make the Finals I will gladly spend whatever it takes to go.

ten thousand dollars

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

RCarr posted:

Diehard Knicks fans are absolute marks when you consider their relative level of success this century.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Telluric Whistler posted:

Who was in turn uh... Well Wemby is very very good

oh right haha. I honestly forgot wemby existed for a minutes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fart simpson posted:

did u know: sga is the same age as tatum

yeah but Tatum has been this good for like six years, SGA took his time getting here.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

yeah but Tatum has been this good for like six years, SGA took his time getting here.
I think we're underselling Shai just a bit. He's been very, very good for the last four seasons or so. All-NBA First Team level like the last couple of seasons? No, but he's been very good since probably his second season with OKC. It just happened that he was on a terrible team in Oklahoma while Tatum was on a successful one in Boston, so of course he wasn't going to get as much attention.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Crazy Ted posted:

I think we're underselling Shai just a bit. He's been very, very good for the last four seasons or so. All-NBA First Team level like the last couple of seasons? No, but he's been very good since probably his second season with OKC. It just happened that he was on a terrible team in Oklahoma while Tatum was on a successful one in Boston, so of course he wasn't going to get as much attention.

I don't think you realize that what you posted is just agreeing with what I said.

Tatum was this good at like 22 or 23 years old. Maybe earlier. "Very good" isn't at that level so you're just saying that he wasn't, in fact, at the same level Tatum was at the same age.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 19, 2024

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think you realize that what you posted is just agreeing with what I said.

Tatum was this good at like 22 or 23 years old. Maybe earlier. "Very good" isn't at that level so you're just saying that he wasn't, in fact, at the same level Tatum was at the same age.
Look, sometimes the ordinary ones tell their reading comprehension "Nah you can go it's 1:00 AM"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Every year, people try to shoehorn Tatum in the Luka tier and every year, it somehow gets more embarrassing

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Luka ☺️

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

is chet holmgren an nba caliber center
he's gonna make a great backup for wemby

shouldve traded for davis bertans

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
it's so crazy that sam presti announced the thunder are over and it's time to blow it up and rebuild

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ammanas posted:

for a six figure salary and zero contractual obligation to live in oklahoma i volunteer

this is an insanely insightful question and I'd love to know the answer

PC and partly on a laptop when on the road. So none of the console aim assist.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Ammanas posted:

for a six figure salary and zero contractual obligation to live in oklahoma i volunteer

Six hour round trip commute to OKC from Dallas six months of the year for a $120k. I'd do it.

I'm not American, I assume Dallas isn't all that but it can't be as bad as Oklahoma (sorry Metapod).

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

tanglewood1420 posted:

Six hour round trip commute to OKC from Dallas six months of the year for a $120k. I'd do it.

I'm not American, I assume Dallas isn't all that but it can't be as bad as Oklahoma (sorry Metapod).
You think that Oklahoma's bad but then you remember that it borders Kansas so it looks positively exciting by comparison.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1792023956725383575

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

:same:

sad that the Knicks game is happening at 330 am where I am

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

:same:

sad that the Knicks game is happening at 330 am where I am

Geez and I thought 5.30am was bad enough :gonk:

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Ghost Dog posted:

if chet doesnt have the retired mike bibby physique day 1 next season the thunder will be in the lottery

I don't think gang affiliation will help Chet's rebounding.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

tanglewood1420 posted:

Dallas is the worst big city in America. You'd be better off living in Denton and driving from there

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Edit: wrong thread

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

tanglewood1420 posted:

Okc is way better than Dallas don't let the hateful people in here influence you

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Watching the game while flying home was such a weird tense experience. I was sure they were going to lose when they went down big. When OKC was up by 15, a nice older lady walked up, tapped me on the shoulder, and asked who was winning. When I told her OKC was up by 15 she got the biggest grin. It’s fun to unexpectedly see random people’s love of basketball. Things didn’t go well for the Mavs until right around when the drink cart came by. Large turbulence began after I was served, so the flight attendant decided not to charge me. Down the stretch of the game, I must have looked like an insane person to the other passengers. I was pumping my fist, clapping, and going nuts. What a game/series. I hope I never have to watch a playoff game on a flight again.

I went back and read the gdt. I have to give props to Metapod for posting that A+ Kidd meme at the perfect time. I was thinking about it during that bit of the game. Died when I saw it in the thread this morning.

The Thunder have a very bright future ahead of them.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Dallas is the worst big city in America. You'd be better off living in Denton and driving from there

Lmao, not even close.

Metapod posted:

Okc is way better than Dallas don't let the hateful people in here influence you

Disagree but respect your opinions.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 19, 2024

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Okc is legit a better city than Dallas to live in. But yeah super glad to not live in either :)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Any of these teams playing today could win or lose by 30, hoping for some good games today

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ball don't lie.

*team that won 3 in a row somehow lose in embarrassing fashion*

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Break up the thunder IMO. Durant wants to go back home and he’ll. I say let him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Durant is home he loves his retirement community in Arizona 🥰