Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gonzo McFee posted:

Remember when this podcast was about the politics!!?!?!?!

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Politics? Pfft what is this, the 90's?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The 30 Years War seems to borrow an awful lot from Warhammer Fantasy.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I will never watch SVU but it's fun to hear about.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Rod is good now

https://twitter.com/roddreher/status/1619674946619445250?t=Z52bP-RabOeNTPV2UZPdvA&s=19

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Getting around to Hell on Earth, and the web thing they put up is pretty fun. https://hellonearth.chapotraphouse.com

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/ambercrollo/status/1620177782235086857?s=20&t=TDJBOv-SvorikHRAe55YIA

Lol Matt smiling in that last pic, good for him

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
When did septum piercings become big for non-crust-punk women to have? It’s a troubling trend.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
The pearl clutching over TickTok ruining peoples ability to use language is a bit rich coming from some millennials who got internet famous on Twitter.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Dr.Radical posted:

When did septum piercings become big for non-crust-punk women to have? It’s a troubling trend.

Like a decade ago lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah it's been awhile so hopefully its lifespan is near its end.

Driving stinks I never understood moving away from one of the few American cities that has even half-decent public transportation. If I had money I'd definitely be in NYC.

Chakan posted:

Getting around to Hell on Earth, and the web thing they put up is pretty fun. https://hellonearth.chapotraphouse.com

Need to contract someone to make the Hell on Earth mapgame.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 31, 2023

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

Brother there is no way youre this sheltered. This has been a thing for over a decade

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Women are getting tattoos now????

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I dislike almost all piercings/jewelry, but not in a "ew these are objectively unattractive" or "this labels you as a deviant" kind of way; people can do what they want with their bodies and what they do doesn't have to align with my personal aesthetic preference

It's actually that they just give me major anxiety because of all the potential injuries, no matter how unlikely, freak me out!

Gauges? What if they get caught on something?? Same thing with belly button piercings, hoop earrings, etc.

And rings? Haven't you heard of degloving??? :cry:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

the only person i know that hand degloved at it happen at a fedex sorting facility and she was not wearing jewelry

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I've only seen one episode of SVU. Someone raped a woman with a metal pipe and then smashed her skull with it, or maybe it was the other way around. I was like, they do a new one of these every week? Kinda puts some perspective on all the moral panics over true crime, or the Joker movie or anything else, when this sleazy crap is one of the most successful and long running shows ever.

Dr.Radical posted:

Shut up nerd

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I caught an episode of SVU and at the time I thought it must've been like, from the last season before they were cancelled and they were just going wild because they knew it didn't matter. But I guess it was from like the middle of the show and was just normal by their standards?

The plot was they find a camera in a public woman's toilet, they arrest the guy who set it up, but then he gives them footage it captured of a boy getting molested, they figure out the molester was his teacher, but then it turns out she only molested him because she had a brain tumor pressing on the molesting parts of her brain, and the moral quandary at the end was whether or not she should be allowed to teach again after she had the tumor removed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gripweed posted:

The plot was they find a camera in a public woman's toilet

Knew exactly what episode it was at this point.

They also catch her contacting him again and think it wasn't the tumor after all but it was her telling him she's pregnant.

Also she was the principal.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I caught an episode of SVU and at the time I thought it must've been like, from the last season before they were cancelled and they were just going wild because they knew it didn't matter. But I guess it was from like the middle of the show and was just normal by their standards?

SVU was never cancelled, as far as I know. I checked wikipedia and they're over 500 episodes with the current season being S24 that started september 2022. On a side note, I forgot Lassie had almost 600 episodes. That's nuts.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My girlfriend watches the new SVU every week and has also watched Spotlight an insane number of times for what that movie is. Something about watching the bad sex creeps get caught is very comforting to many people whether it's realistic or utterly insane.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Gripweed posted:

The plot was they find a camera in a public woman's toilet, they arrest the guy who set it up, but then he gives them footage it captured of a boy getting molested, they figure out the molester was his teacher, but then it turns out she only molested him because she had a brain tumor pressing on the molesting parts of her brain, and the moral quandary at the end was whether or not she should be allowed to teach again after she had the tumor removed.

Groovelord Neato posted:

They also catch her contacting him again and think it wasn't the tumor after all but it was her telling him she's pregnant.
This is more hosed up than most giallo movies and it's just a random episode of primetime TV

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

This is more hosed up than most giallo movies and it's just a random episode of primetime TV

it isripped from the headlines. I had a college class were we debated the ethics of prosecuting a person with that condition

https://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/stories/s707992.htm

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Famethrowa posted:

it isripped from the headlines. I had a college class were we debated the ethics of prosecuting a person with that condition

the pewfect cwime

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, Law and Order at some point went from just "Ripped from the Headlines" to "Throw the Headlines in a Blender" or just go crazy. What if one of Bill Cosby's victims killed him? What if Not Governor Abbot's/DeSantis' daughter went to New York and got killed and he made it all about New York crime and immigrants but then it turns out that she was there to get an abortion after they outlawed them and her fundie brother found out and killed her?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Yeah, Law and Order at some point went from just "Ripped from the Headlines" to "Throw the Headlines in a Blender" or just go crazy. What if one of Bill Cosby's victims killed him? What if Not Governor Abbot's/DeSantis' daughter went to New York and got killed and he made it all about New York crime and immigrants but then it turns out that she was there to get an abortion after they outlawed them and her fundie brother found out and killed her?

lol what kind of psycho poo poo is this

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Groovelord Neato posted:

Need to contract someone to make the Hell on Earth mapgame.

It's just the Europa Universalis midgame

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
SVU did an episode about Anthony Weiner where they changed his alias from Carlos Danger to Enrique Trouble lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scholtz posted:

I dislike almost all piercings/jewelry, but not in a "ew these are objectively unattractive" or "this labels you as a deviant" kind of way; people can do what they want with their bodies and what they do doesn't have to align with my personal aesthetic preference

It's actually that they just give me major anxiety because of all the potential injuries, no matter how unlikely, freak me out!

Gauges? What if they get caught on something?? Same thing with belly button piercings, hoop earrings, etc.

And rings? Haven't you heard of degloving??? :cry:

And have you heard about these things called roads?? what if a car hits me? Or a bus?? what if I trip on a loose paver and fall under a truck? What if I slip on some soap in the shower?? what if I go to plug something into an outlet and it electrocutes me? what if I don't step off an escalator in time and get shredded? what if a small dog jumps up in a perfect arc and bites me square on the junk??

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Christmas posted:

SVU did an episode about Anthony Weiner where they changed his alias from Carlos Danger to Enrique Trouble lol

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SVU loving rules

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
one time i read about this guy who went for a walk, passed under a tree, and giant branch broke off and squashed him. you can be killed by Anything Anywhere at Any Time. so stop worrying about it. there's such a thing as an excess of caution.

some plague rats posted:

what if a small dog jumps up in a perfect arc and bites me square on the junk??

after the third time this happened i got over it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

one time i read about this guy who went for a walk, passed under a tree, and giant branch broke off and squashed him

He failed the Greg Abbott challenge.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
People used to tell me that piercings are a huge liability in a fight because the other person will just rip them out. It's actually the same as someone grabbing your necktie; they're just giving up a hand and letting their guard down to do something useless.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Dr Christmas posted:

I still remember original law and order doing an episode where Ron Artest murdered the fan that started Malice in the Palace

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my favorite law and order vanilla eps were the really rare ones where lenny briscoe would do an unlawful search and make sam watterson lose the trial. sam would shout "we have a constitution!!" then go through with the trial and lose anyway

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

People used to tell me that piercings are a huge liability in a fight because the other person will just rip them out. It's actually the same as someone grabbing your necktie; they're just giving up a hand and letting their guard down to do something useless.

Personally I've avoided having my septum piercing ripped out for 15 years by simply not getting into fights

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

I posted about it when they were talking about SVU in a previous episode and mocked the one where a teenager ran his own CP website/webring as being super ridiculous but that one was based on a true story that involved Kurt Eichenwald.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Real "renaming the JoJo stands to avoid a lawsuit" energy there.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Eustace posted:

Brother there is no way youre this sheltered. This has been a thing for over a decade

Think real hard about why someone might not be aware of when fashion trends in the US start or end outside of being sheltered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Dr.Radical posted:

Think real hard about why someone might not be aware of when fashion trends in the US start or end outside of being sheltered

I can't think of any, as anyone who lives outside the US is simply sheltered from the US.