Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Like everyone's going to say, get Guy From Harlem.

Ghost House and Future Force/Zone are really good, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
I liked Planet of the Dinosaurs and Swamp of the Ravens quite a lot too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Alright, bought all of those and DVDs where available. Any good movie riffs, not VODs? Like, for hollywood blockbusters etc.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It's the holidays and no one said Santa Meets The Ice Cream Bunny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umezn9sD2cY

Also for regular riffs, Harry Potter, Avengers, Star Wars, and an oldy that I still love is The 5th Element.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Captain Invictus posted:

Alright, bought all of those and DVDs where available. Any good movie riffs, not VODs? Like, for hollywood blockbusters etc.

You must get Road House. It was the first Rifftrax and it's Mike by himself, but drat, it's loving hilarious.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

IUG posted:

It's the holidays and no one said Santa Meets The Ice Cream Bunny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umezn9sD2cY

Also for regular riffs, Harry Potter, Avengers, Star Wars, and an oldy that I still love is The 5th Element.

If you get Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny, you have to get Santa's Village of Madness on top of it.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Just got my signed Starship Troopers poster from the guys. Its a super high quality, theater-style plastic print, not a paper print. Pretty awesome!

Anyone else get their's yet?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hey mods, can we get the thread title changed to "Rifftrax Megathread: buy 'The Guy From Harlem'"

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Man, there's shockingly little McBain in McBain. And you can't fool me, Michael Ironside, that device you keep pulling out is a police radar scanner -- my sister had one of those in her car for speed traps in the 80's!

Wait, let me get this straight: this minor character is a soldier, a pilot and a surgeon? Who is he, Buckaroo Banzai? Why isn't the movie about him?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
FYI

quote:

RiffTrax: Our Cyber Monday deals start right now! 20% off + FREE $3 gift cert + Bonus message! Details: http://t.co/zsAUQAK0mr

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

And I just used the coupon I got friday. Those bastards planned this! :argh:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Wandering Knitter posted:

And I just used the coupon I got friday. Those bastards planned this! :argh:

Black Friday stuff for me, Cyber Monday stuff for the boyfriend. :v: This time 2 months ago I had...3-4 VOD's? Now I have 12.

Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost
I know it's late notice, but I got two tickets to the Belcourt in Nashville for the Dec 5th show that I can't use. Anyone interested?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

Project Update #24: Thank you videos are here!
Posted by RiffTrax: Mike, Bill & Kevin ♥ Like

Greetings, backers!

We're pleased to let everyone know that our final digital reward, the Thank You Videos, are now available for your viewing pleasure!

There were a lot of people to thank (over 6,000 of you!), so to make it easier to find your own thanks, we've organized the list alphabetically by last name, and given each letter its own video. (Additionally, we've combined the X, Y and Z names into one video, and included a "Misc" thanks video for people who only gave us a username or first name.) All of the videos can be viewed here on our YouTube playlist! Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39NHlVmW4W4&list=PL4w3x0hXQwFhhA3-_ggLI4xl-HofqgV2a

All told, this is 2 1/2 hours of thanks, but it's only a small token of how thrilled we were with all the love and support from our fans. We truly couldn't have done it without you! We'll be following up with one final update very soon.

Sincerely,

Mike, Kevin and Bill

P.S. Join us in select U.S. theaters this Thursday, December 5th, for RiffTrax Live: Santa Conquers the Martians, won't you?

quote:

All told, this is 2 1/2 hours of thanks
:stare:

EDIT: Also, I bought Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory today on Bluray just for Rifftrax. Also it was $8 on Amazon.

IUG fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 4, 2013

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I'll have to wait for mine. They must hate the "H" people! :argh:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Bill read out my name and didn't gently caress it up :3:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

He didn't read mine. :(

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kevin had mine...so cool that they personally thanked all the backers.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

He didn't read mine. :(

Oh yeah, you had to donate $25 or more for them to read your name.

Guy Axlerod fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 4, 2013

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
This thread has been pretty quiet in regards to tonight's live show. I love the live shows (I've been to all of them except Plan 9) but I wonder if they're becoming too frequent. We've gotten 3 live shows in the past 5 months and the excitement has seemingly dwindled.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can't ever go to the live shows anymore since my brother always works Thursday, and it's not that fun to go alone. That said, while I do enjoy them doing this, I wish they would pace them apart since content on the site almost stops when they are preparing, and it takes forever for them to get to be put up on sale (Starship Troopers being the exception).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Piper posted:

This thread has been pretty quiet in regards to tonight's live show. I love the live shows (I've been to all of them except Plan 9) but I wonder if they're becoming too frequent. We've gotten 3 live shows in the past 5 months and the excitement has seemingly dwindled.
I'm excited about tonight's! Went to the theater last night and bought my ticket so I could get one before they sold out :)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, I can't make this one. I used to go with someone, but turns out he cheated on his wife, so he's old news to me. I was asking with another friend who loves MST3k, but she has an office party tonight. I'm just going to watch the old MST3k episode with her as it's the one movie from my MST3k collection we haven't watched yet, and we always watch bad Christmas movies this time of year.

This is the first one I'm missing. I didn't see Plan 9 because it was over an hour from me, all the rest have been closer.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I'm stoked, should be fun, and I loved this episode of MST3K.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Are they officially out of Norman shorts?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Shifty Pony posted:

Are they officially out of Norman shorts?

Yes. One of the writers mentioned it a few pages ago.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hopefully they'll have a different bizzare short beforehand then. RIP Norman shorts though. Those were some of my favorites they've ever done.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm not at the show (as I said before), but I just tried to guess the digital goodies page's URL.

Make sure you people that go stick around and watch for the digital goodies link. Because it's there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently my theater is trying to confuse people who want to see this as the marquee outside the specific theater doesn't say that its playing rifftrax.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently my theater is trying to confuse people who want to see this as the marquee outside the specific theater doesn't say that its playing rifftrax.

My ticket simply says I'm seeing Santa Claus. :haw:

And no slides so far...

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
Slides are terrible this time. Wonder if they farmed them out.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

MTV Crib Death posted:

Slides are terrible this time. Wonder if they farmed them out.

I liked the Aquaman one and the Wise man / Starship Trooper ones.

Packed house in my theater in NJ.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well that was fun. I missed like 99% of the slides but the short was great. That Jack in the Box was creepy as gently caress.

"Ohhhhh noooooo, I'm not tired, BUT MY FINGER IS!"
:magical:

Also I'm going to refer to the date of Christmas as Septober 25th from now on.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I can't get "Hurray for Santa Claus" out of my head. Send help please.

SnipeBob
Dec 8, 2006

"You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel."
That short before the movie was weird

Candy Lion? Jack in the Box?

:stare:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

That short was so strange.

The Alex Trebek funeral march hit the funny spot in our theater because man did everyone just lose it.

And the santa-finger... :stonk:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm glad they referenced Mr B Natural because I was getting really strong Mr B vibes from Snoopy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Nuts. I can't seem to download the bonus short!

NM: I can't read.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 6, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Here's the only slide I managed to get a picture of:

:v:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

NuclearPotato posted:

I can't get "Hurray for Santa Claus" out of my head. Send help please.

That is one damned catchy tune.

Also: Diabeetus!

Here's the short in it's entirety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPo3CwEoxy0

gently caress that Jack-in-the-box.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 6, 2013

• Locked thread