Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

It's a limited edition print by MrBlandAverage of a photo I took of Mido. It's really layers of art to appreciate here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Put me down for one of the limited editions prints of your photo of his print.

e: of your photo

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 5, 2015

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

These are sick as hell.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Beige posted:

Are we looking at the photo in the photo or are we looking at the photo of the photo?

i'm lookin @ u bruv :cheers:

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

love this

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

EvilRic posted:

I like it too but I think the flag adds to the picture. Even though it draws your eye eventually, it adds some interesting context to the picture.

I should have been more clear. I like the flag, I think the amount we see of it is an issue. Including more of it would make it less distracting.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
A friend of mine was shooting a video project on guys who used to work at the recently closed mill in their town. I went along to help him out and I took some impromptu portraits of the subjects.

This is actually the son of the guy we were supposed to talk to. The guy we were supposed to talk to was diagnosed with terminal cancer between the time my friend met him and when we got to talk to him. He was pretty far gone and in no shape to talk when we showed up, so his wife and son talked to us. The son is holding the bow and staff his dad made (he was a woodworker).

Untitled by spikemccue, on Flickr

This guy is a Maine guide, trapper and taxidermist. He had six taxidermied bears in his shop, along with beaver hides, an otter, a couple deer and hundreds of traps.

Tim Nickerson by spikemccue, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

MrBlandAverage & Musket

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

ansel autisms posted:

MrBlandAverage & Musket

I really love this, nice work.

edit: works really well as a diptych

Subyng
May 4, 2013
ansel autism is going to infect every thread with his 'is he posting ironically or not I don't even what's serious anymore" poo poo

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Subyng posted:

ansel autism is going to infect every thread with his 'is he posting ironically or not I don't even what's serious anymore" poo poo

Sorry about your wrong opinions.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

Then tell us what is so good about these photos. Because I'm not exactly seeing it either. And neither does anyone else that I show them to.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Subyng posted:

who cares

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

iSheep posted:

Then tell us what is so good about these photos. Because I'm not exactly seeing it either. And neither does anyone else that I show them to.

Gee, it's almost like people like different stuff. Really makes you think you know?

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

Gee, it's almost like people like different stuff. Really makes you think you know?

And yet:

8th-snype posted:

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

iSheep posted:

And yet:
lol

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

What he's doing is no different than people who use other outdated mediums, like film, or canon sensors.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

iSheep posted:

And yet:

lol

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Dat mavica glow. Almost imperceptible but it just makes the shot like no other camera can.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Watching the Timkat Procession by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Looks like Texas, not Ethiopia.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

iSheep posted:

And yet:

Angrily posting about posting and liking a different aesthetic is totally the same thing. You sure got me good.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

8th-snype posted:

Angrily posting about posting and liking a different aesthetic is totally the same thing. You sure got me good.
He did, actually.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
:iceburn:

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Here, have some bokeys:

Eye Spy by alkanphel, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

iSheep posted:

That's OK, I'm not taking photos for your enjoyment.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
~environmental portrait~

Yemrehanna Kristos by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

iSheep posted:

Because they're rad.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Subjunctivitis posted:

Because they're rad.

I can't stare at them for too long though

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
e:help im dubm

Subyng
May 4, 2013

ansel autisms posted:

That's OK, I'm not taking photos for your enjoyment.

the irony of this statement

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Subyng posted:

the irony of this statement

What are you seeing?

Subyng
May 4, 2013

ansel autisms posted:

What are you seeing?

"I''m not taking photos for your enjoyment." yeah right, you're posting so others can validate you, just like everyone else in this forum, and you love to dole out harsh critiques but when someone questions your portrait thread equivalent of food on a toilet you get defensive. lol

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Subyng posted:

"I''m not taking photos for your enjoyment." yeah right, you're posting so others can validate you, just like everyone else in this forum, and you love to dole out harsh critiques but when someone questions your portrait thread equivalent of food on a toilet you get defensive. lol

I dunno, man, have you seen his toilet nachos photo? It's pretty great. I don't know why you'd question it.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Subyng posted:

I take photos for my own enjoyment and I post here so that others may enjoy them. This isn't really a question or a critique, it's just stupid:

Subyng posted:

I can't tell if you just dislike me or my photos.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Subyng posted:

, you're posting so others can validate you, just like everyone else in this forum,

I'm not posting so you can validate me. I have a dog if I want unconditional support no matter how stupid I sound, maybe try that instead of projecting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Some of us don't post to receive handjobs, I like to know why my photos a crap.