Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Magic Underwear posted:

Pretty sure iFunBox can do this, no JB required.

Thank you. Will use this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Reposting this from the iOS app thread as it may be more JB-centric: This has to be a very remedial question but I've never thought about it. Is there an app to merely download all pics/videos that were sent to my phone and save them to a windows machine?

There's also iBackupBot, also no JB required. This program is way more streamlined in case you run into trouble with iFunbox. Their website looks sketch but it's legit (says the random guy on the internet)

DiscoMouse
May 16, 2005

by XyloJW
Is there a tweak for iPad Contacts to make it call a number through Skype when I select it? Right now it goes to Facetime.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Looking to switch carriers and my iphone5 is not unlocked at the moment, but I do have it jailbroken. Is there anyway to unlock the phone and keep the jailbreak or do all unlock procedures require wiping the phone and thereby losing the jailbreak until there is a new process for 6.1.3?

Economic Sinkhole
Mar 14, 2002
Pillbug

Alighieri posted:

Looking to switch carriers and my iphone5 is not unlocked at the moment, but I do have it jailbroken. Is there anyway to unlock the phone and keep the jailbreak or do all unlock procedures require wiping the phone and thereby losing the jailbreak until there is a new process for 6.1.3?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/iphone-5-unlocked I haven't used this one specifically but these ebay unlocks are legitimate (unless something has changed in the last 6 months).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Is there a jailbreak tweak that uses the camera to determine if im wearing sunglasses, then adjusts the brightness accordingly?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is there a jailbreak tweak that uses the camera to determine if im wearing sunglasses, then adjusts the brightness accordingly?

voltron
Nov 26, 2000
Zapf gave me this account because he's a friend of the Indian-American people.

goferchan posted:

Are you switching between have them on and off enough to justify having the front facing camera on all the time versus using NCsettings to adjust the brightness via the Notification Center as needed?

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.

goferchan posted:

Sounds like an S4 type of gimmick. Haha. If you're in a situation where you are wearing sunglasses, shouldn't the screen already be pretty bright?

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

There's also the tweak of taking off your sunglasses, no jailbreak needed.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Do you need Activator for that though? I'm not installing Activator.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Do you need Activator for that though? I'm not installing Activator.

Triple Tap Home Button:
Remove sunglasses

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Well, I hang out alone in the bar a lot during the day glued to my iPhone drinking a lot, but I also like to go outside and smoke cigarettes (wearing sunglasses, also glued to my phone) -- so yes, it's kind of necessary . I know a couple Android phones recently introduced a thing where it uses the camera to determine whether your eyeballs are focusing on the phone, to determine the brightness, and I was just thinking something similar might exist for a jail broken iPhone. Thanks in advance

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

goferchan posted:

Well, I hang out alone in the bar a lot during the day glued to my iPhone drinking a lot, but I also like to go outside and smoke cigarettes (wearing sunglasses, also glued to my phone) -- so yes, it's kind of necessary . I know a couple Android phones recently introduced a thing where it uses the camera to determine whether your eyeballs are focusing on the phone, to determine the brightness, and I was just thinking something similar might exist for a jail broken iPhone. Thanks in advance

Not seen anything like this.

If you are really into sunglasses, though, and spend quite a lot on them, then good polarized lenses are fantastic and will solve your problems. They can be a tad expensive (though not excessive), but are well worth it if you spend any amount of time wearing sunglasses while using an iDevice, and if you wear sunglasses enough that this is concerning you, I'd suggest getting some.

A good pair of Oakleys with polarized lenses is one of the better investments you can make in this life. I had some stolen recently, and missed them so much that a few days without them convinced me that they're essential equipment . . . a bit obvious, but thieves suck :(

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

goferchan posted:

This is the shittiest troll/gimmick. At least make it funny

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

This is the shittiest troll/gimmick. At least make it funny

Maybe he's a bartender/bar back? It's kind of an outrageous request but if he works in a bar his reasoning/backstory isn't totally unbelievable.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008
As a side note my family's store sells Oakley's albeit in Canada and I can probably help you out price wise, even including shipping if you need it.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
This is kinda cool, Facebook's new chat heads usable outside of the app and on the springboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3FXRPmsuwo

I'd love a way to integrate the FB messenger it with existing messaging services, though.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

slomomofo posted:

There's also the tweak of taking off your sunglasses, no jailbreak needed.

That's only supported on the 4, actually. Apple dropped support on later devices. Sources indicated Scott Forstall, notorious for berating colleagues for wearing sunglasses, was to blame.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is the unlocking situation in the OP still accurate? My buddy is offering me his iPhone 4 to replace my old 3G. He's going to try to unlock it through AT&T but I don't know how that works. Let's just say that the worst case scenario is that he can't unlock it for some reason. Am I SOL if I want to use it on Rogers?

If it's a lost cause then it's no big deal. My 3G is a pain in the rear end but honestly all I use it for is email and phone so I'm fine waiting until it dies or something.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Is the unlocking situation in the OP still accurate? My buddy is offering me his iPhone 4 to replace my old 3G. He's going to try to unlock it through AT&T but I don't know how that works. Let's just say that the worst case scenario is that he can't unlock it for some reason. Am I SOL if I want to use it on Rogers?

If it's a lost cause then it's no big deal. My 3G is a pain in the rear end but honestly all I use it for is email and phone so I'm fine waiting until it dies or something.

I am pretty sure that there is a 4 version of this as well and other members have had success with it.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/iphone-5-unlocked

My brother used an old AT&T 4 on Rogers after it got unlocked so I'm almost certain it's possible.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Super excited for Abstergo on Sunday.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Feenix posted:

Sorry for the dumb question but what's that? I always think AC when someone says Abstergo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Feenix posted:

Here's an article about it. It looks pretty nice.

Also, Auxo will be getting the iPad update/support next month.

Russell William Thorpe
Nov 18, 2004
I'm getting google results saying I can jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 now. Anybody heard about this?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Russell William Thorpe posted:

I'm getting google results saying I can jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 now. Anybody heard about this?

Nope, it's false.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

They are all referring to A4 or earlier devices.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I recently got my iPhone 5 and it came with iOS 6.0.2. Since I'd rather stay jailbroken, I'm stuck with that for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone know if 6.0.2 had any specific bugs that I should look out for?

Specifically, I feel like my phone drains the battery a lot faster than it should. This might just be me loving around with the phone all the time, but I'd rather double check.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Team THEOLOGY posted:

I am pretty sure that there is a 4 version of this as well and other members have had success with it.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/iphone-5-unlocked

My brother used an old AT&T 4 on Rogers after it got unlocked so I'm almost certain it's possible.

Sorry, I'm not.. exactly sure what that link you posted is trying to tell me. It's a bunch of factory unlocked iPhones for hundreds of dollars.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Sorry, I'm not.. exactly sure what that link you posted is trying to tell me. It's a bunch of factory unlocked iPhones for hundreds of dollars.

My apologies http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem;PdsSession=23c4e56c13e0a5aa831518d5fffb4d3b?itemId=190827338037&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=87274582801

Was doing it from phone... That's what I meant.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I recently got my iPhone 5 and it came with iOS 6.0.2. Since I'd rather stay jailbroken, I'm stuck with that for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone know if 6.0.2 had any specific bugs that I should look out for?

Specifically, I feel like my phone drains the battery a lot faster than it should. This might just be me loving around with the phone all the time, but I'd rather double check.

There's a somewhat obscure bug with exchange calendar sync. It wasn't fixed until 6.1.2.

Russell William Thorpe
Nov 18, 2004

Ezrem posted:

They are all referring to A4 or earlier devices.

I have an iphone 4s. Is it real for iphone 4s then...? or false all around? I rely on these forums for truth when the internet fails me. edit: oh, i see, never mind.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

oh awesome, thank you :)

I'll do some more googling, and he's going to try to get AT&T to unlock it or whatever, but it's nice to know I may not be completely SOL :)

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I have an iphone 4s. Is it real for iphone 4s then...? or false all around? I rely on these forums for truth when the internet fails me.

The 4S has an A5 SoC (look on the right panel), not an A4 SoC. You cannot jailbreak a 4S on 6.1.3.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Martytoof posted:

oh awesome, thank you :)

I'll do some more googling, and he's going to try to get AT&T to unlock it or whatever, but it's nice to know I may not be completely SOL :)

My good sir, assuredly you are not. As someone on Rogers for my personal phone I have run unlocked iPhones on their network before that we're on AT&T before and you'll be all good. Buy away!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Team THEOLOGY posted:

My good sir, assuredly you are not. As someone on Rogers for my personal phone I have run unlocked iPhones on their network before that we're on AT&T before and you'll be all good. Buy away!

What methods did you use? The one linked above?

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Martytoof posted:

What methods did you use? The one linked above?

When I did mine it was back when you could unlock it yourself using various tools on a jb phone. That being said I've had friends that have used the above method with success.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Awesome, merci!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is there a publicized "Release Time" for Abstergo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Feenix posted:

Is there a publicized "Release Time" for Abstergo?

It's out now.

• Locked thread