Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

GoldStandardConure posted:

so this is definitely a thing:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/aurochs/works/25340960-scrunt-shirt

full disclosure: not made by me, but by my partner

This is the illogical conclusion of the Unspiration Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Hmmm...

Still a better purchase than more warhammer, probably.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Moola posted:

knowledge is power my friend

Anywhere between 65-85% of a Scrunt's total body mass is comprised entirely of poo poo at any given time. A common survival instinct for many Scrunts is to poo poo their pants and then discard the excrement filled garment as a decoy, knowing that few, if any, creatures in the galaxy can tell the difference between a real Scrunt and a Scrunt-sized pile of poo poo in a pair of pants.

I guess I'm informed now

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

so uh my friend showed me this

http://imgur.com/a/t00KU

More experiments with plasticard. The ship was a little damaged so I decided I wanted to try something different. I need to go back and touch it up because I added the plasticard after the initial paint job. Over all I like how it turned out but wish I had dremelled the card a little bit better. In the future when I am messing with 40k stuff I will probably be using Solidworks to design and 3D fins and other things to add to my models. :psyduck:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Len posted:

Anywhere between 65-85% of a Scrunt's total body mass is comprised entirely of poo poo at any given time. A common survival instinct for many Scrunts is to poo poo their pants and then discard the excrement filled garment as a decoy, knowing that few, if any, creatures in the galaxy can tell the difference between a real Scrunt and a Scrunt-sized pile of poo poo in a pair of pants.

I guess I'm informed now

lol

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Chill la Chill posted:

so uh my friend showed me this

http://imgur.com/a/t00KU

More experiments with plasticard. The ship was a little damaged so I decided I wanted to try something different. I need to go back and touch it up because I added the plasticard after the initial paint job. Over all I like how it turned out but wish I had dremelled the card a little bit better. In the future when I am messing with 40k stuff I will probably be using Solidworks to design and 3D fins and other things to add to my models. :psyduck:

I first presumed these were the cool kitbashed scum ships that made the rounds some time ago, but these are something else and scum ships are a thing that multiple people have done. These are pretty bad. Should have stuck with the factory paintjob.

quote:

Another ship that I accidentally melted; it was fun to mess with though and I like how it turned out (I call it Bullseye).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

that poor tie fighter

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How do you accidentally melt a miniature?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Len posted:

How do you accidentally melt a miniature?

Wrong paint stripper?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wrong paint stripper?

But tie fighters come painted and ready to roll!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I'm reminded of a story from the Reaper minis board.

Dude there was talking about the time he was painting a model train caboose with an alcohol-based acrylic paint, and, as I recall, hit it with some weird sealer or other. About five minutes later, it burst into flames.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
If you're going to fail, at least end with something on fire.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

JackMann posted:

I'm reminded of a story from the Reaper minis board.

Dude there was talking about the time he was painting a model train caboose with an alcohol-based acrylic paint, and, as I recall, hit it with some weird sealer or other. About five minutes later, it burst into flames.

Chemistry is fun but I can't imagine what they were possibly using that would generate that much heat that didn't have a warning label to not do that.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
As I recall, when he looked back, one or both of them did have a warning label he hadn't paid nearly enough attention to before that.

To be fair, this was written up as a warning to people to know everything about the materials they were working with, so he apparently learned his lesson.

EDIT: I was a bit wrong. It was acetone-based paints over a Tamiya undercoat.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 20, 2017

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Since we're apparently doing bad dread conversions now, have one of mine:

As someone who likes big stompy robit, I approve this thing - give it a paint update!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

mcjomar posted:

As someone who likes big stompy robit, I approve this thing - give it a paint update!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I have some doubts about the position of its center of gravity though.

Also hah, is that a batman logo on the leg or is that an actual 40k thing. Did you have a batmarine army? :v:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Welp, apparently I need to work on the dread some more. Guess it'll be my 'rescue' mini for the oath thread at some point.

Fathis Munk posted:

Also hah, is that a batman logo on the leg or is that an actual 40k thing. Did you have a batmarine army? :v:

The latter. My 'original the chapter do not steal' back in early 3rd ed was the Hellbats, haven't played em for like a decade +.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Aw :smith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Night Lords are canonical Batmarines

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
A lot is said about the impracticability of space marine armor, but these helmets really take the space cake.

How long does it take these guys until they can go through doors without banging their wings?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
They fold up the wings when they go through a door. Duh!

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

'Nuff said.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Fathis Munk posted:

A lot is said about the impracticability of space marine armor, but these helmets really take the space cake.

How long does it take these guys until they can go through doors without banging their wings?

Hello friend, I think you'll enjoy the byob cool crew scrunt thread if you enjoy GW art in this manner.

Drake_263 posted:

'Nuff said.

Back dat tank up. :cool:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Night Lords are canonical Batmarines

ADB's Night Lords books have them talk about how those were just their ceremonial/parade ground helmets and actually wearing them in combat was a really stupid idea. I think that was a decent retcon since it also made the characters look a lot less silly in my head.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Drake_263 posted:

'Nuff said.

Blue tank?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

SRM posted:

ADB's Night Lords books have them talk about how those were just their ceremonial/parade ground helmets and actually wearing them in combat was a really stupid idea. I think that was a decent retcon since it also made the characters look a lot less silly in my head.

Wait, so they didn't use the bat helmets to fly off into the void? That's what I always imagined back when I played 40k.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

just use however much paint you want sweetie

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Chill la Chill posted:

Wait, so they didn't use the bat helmets to fly off into the void? That's what I always imagined back when I played 40k.

That's only for their assault Marines.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm BAT MANRINE!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And here I was thinking Corvus Belli were meant to have been improving their game. Check out this totally suitable for the warzone outfit:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

SRM posted:

If I recall correctly, there's a sequence where one of the Night Lords characters is pissed at how all the loyalists/guardsmen/whatever shooting at his squad seem to always single him out of the whole bunch - right before he realizes that oh, hey, actually, he's STILL wearing the stupidass ceremonial helmet with the two-foot-long bat wings on it.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Zark the Damned posted:

And here I was thinking Corvus Belli were meant to have been improving their game. Check out this totally suitable for the warzone outfit:

Excessive clothing disrtupts the natural shielding properties of the breasts duh :science:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Zark the Damned posted:

Setting the obvious issues with this model aside, the pose is bad and paint job is poo poo. Idiots have been clamoring for this model for months and CB still hasn't announced what it does.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm just hoping most people who want to buy that blister want it for the girl, so I can hopefully snag that sweet crab bot cheap.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chill la Chill posted:

I'm just hoping most people who want to buy that blister want it for the girl, so I can hopefully snag that sweet crab bot cheap.

Hell yeah that crab bot looks good. Nice solid stance, good detail, as long as those claws don't get bent or something in shipment that's a good little robot.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You could probably balance another dude on top of him. Turn the whole thing into a mini diorama of shifting slavery onto the machine classes and the eternal class struggle.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

goatface posted:

You could probably balance another dude on top of him. Turn the whole thing into a mini diorama of shifting slavery onto the machine classes and the eternal class struggle.

Well now I know the next crystal brush best of show.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Zark the Damned posted:

Ignoring the stupid cabin crew attendant/stripper ensemble, WTF is that mechanical arm thing meant to be for? I'm not sure it is even usable given how close it is to her real arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
"infinity has been improving, all of the cheesecake sculpts have been rotated out"
:goonsay: