Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Freak Angels by Warren Ellis. 800+ pages, wrapped up in 2011, and written by an actual graphic novelist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Manofmanusernames posted:

Does anybody know of any good completed long form story comics? I'm looking for stuff to archive binge.

Dominic Deegan

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Does anybody know of any good completed long form story comics? I'm looking for stuff to archive binge.

http://www.rice-boy.com/see/

https://www.bgreco.net/kidradd.htm

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4

http://www.bohemiandrive.com/comics/npwil/1.html

And the recently finished 17776 but you probably saw it on this very thread.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was thinking of rice boy and dr mcninja

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
order of tales too

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

what has this man ever done to you?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

ZeroCount posted:

what has this man ever done to you?

Problem sleuth is sort of the precursor to homestuck. It's long and rambles a lot, but it's not nearly the sisyphean train wreck that Homestuck became.

PMush Perfect posted:

I suspect that's going to be exactly the tension-breaker this stretch of the comic needs.

Poppy really has some weird issues with tone and pacing. That, and the unreliable author. There are other minor issues, but those are the main ones. A lot of people came in because of the fun of the first two chapters, but then the tone shifted and never really went back.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 25, 2017

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Problem sleuth is sort of the precursor to homestuck. It's long and rambles a lot, but it's not nearly the sisyphean train wreck that Homestuck became.

Oh haha, I actually just saw the mspa link and assumed like an idiot.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

ZeroCount posted:

Oh haha, I actually just saw the mspa link and assumed like an idiot.

It happens. It's not a huge deal. :shrug:

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Did you already read Scary Go Round? Since you're in this thread, I'll assume yes, but just in case, the old adventures are at:
http://scarygoround.com/sgr/

The newer stuff is called Bad Machinery and is about to wrap up in the next few weeks, so it ought to be a complete wrap by the time you get to it.

Black Leaf
Nov 19, 2016

by Smythe

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Didn't CAD technically finish? :unsmigghh:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Alice Grove recently finished. It's not that great, I hoped it would go more places, but it's...something.

Weird sci fi apocalypse future.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Alice Grove recently finished. It's not that great, I hoped it would go more places, but it's...something.

Weird sci fi apocalypse future.

By Jeph Jacques. Avoid it.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
It's bad lmao

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Alice Grove is incredibly good actually.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Did you already read Scary Go Round? Since you're in this thread, I'll assume yes, but just in case, the old adventures are at:
http://scarygoround.com/sgr/

I've read all of SGR at least twice, but dipping back into the archives reminds me of one of my favorite tangents: Esther and Sarah's zine Guns For Eyes (Formerly "Slash Don't Stab.") I think about "Anyone can kiss anyone, Nazi Scientist, it is the 2000s" from Dr. Ladysounds' review of I Kissed a Girl surprisingly regularly.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

:stare: That is...not what I expected from the strip that I wrote off early on as "QC, but with a Na'vi"

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Very cool how she rips her own arm off instead of just grabbing the guy and ripping his arm off. "Rule of cool" is Jeff Jacks motto.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Dude can barely draw people sitting around a coffee shop doing nothing

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 25, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
These edits are getting more esoteric

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Does anyone remember the comic where all the the artists of the world unite to fight against the evil haters that critique their art, and Hayao Miyazaki flies a robot to the moon or something? I'm trying to find it but haven't had much luck.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Kramjacks posted:

Does anyone remember the comic where all the the artists of the world unite to fight against the evil haters that critique their art, and Hayao Miyazaki flies a robot to the moon or something? I'm trying to find it but haven't had much luck.

It was a Zen Pencil, but he might have taken it down? I don't remember.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Kramjacks posted:

Starts here: http://zenpencils.com/comic/144-the-artist-troll-war-1-hatred-breeds-hatred/

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I really miss dril pencils.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Boy, Jeph should submit this to an editor and get hired to do a DC comic! :rimshot:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Did he really need to label the giant troll monster #HATE?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

Did he really need to label the giant troll monster #HATE?

Yes, he really really did :allears:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Sorcery 101 is very good. Very urban fantasy or Dresden Files-ish if you know of that series.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, um

Demon won an Eisner

I don't know if that actually matters but I think it's funny

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Well both Fleep and Bookhunter had been nominated for Eisners in the past

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't think you ought to discourage people drawing comics about twenty-somethings being witty in coffee shops from branching out and doing new things.

Black Leaf
Nov 19, 2016

by Smythe

Phy posted:

So, um

Demon won an Eisner

Diaz was robbed again. :(

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Phy posted:

So, um

Demon won an Eisner

No one can beat the cum knife.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.

Well I have to read this now.

no

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Demon's Mirror

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.comixology.com/The-Meek-Vol-1/digital-comic/537638

Filthy naked lady butt, now in digital book form.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

drat, forgot all about that one, even though I'm following his latest, A Better Place.

I wonder why it never got collected in a print volume.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

this is pretty decent, i don't think i would have stuck around to read it serially, but as a finished piece if flows pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

JethroMcB posted:

I've read all of SGR at least twice, but dipping back into the archives reminds me of one of my favorite tangents: Esther and Sarah's zine Guns For Eyes (Formerly "Slash Don't Stab.") I think about "Anyone can kiss anyone, Nazi Scientist, it is the 2000s" from Dr. Ladysounds' review of I Kissed a Girl surprisingly regularly.

I wonder whose pictures he used to portray Esther, Sarah, Carrot etc. Stock photos?
When he's posted this kind of "real life" portrayal of Desmond Fishman, he used some sort of plushie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OHf5evCh_c

• Locked thread