Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Thejaff posted:

I've been using something similar for both Delve

Mountain Crusher +9 (Titan)
Forest Troll
Arachnaean Weaver
Megavore

It's trivial so far but I stopped at level 110 to farm

Is Arachnaean Weaver good? I hadn't hear much about him until the last couple days. I'm trying to decide what to craft next. I was thinking Undine or Anus Champ for Guild Wars, but who knows.

Also Upgraded Mountain Crusher w/ Titan is so great. Constant Duststorms, barriers, and explosions.

iRoNgHosT posted:

Is this game still populated on iOS? Is it cross platform?

Android/iOS/Steam all cross play together. PS4/XBOX I think are still segregated off to themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Bandire posted:

Is Arachnaean Weaver good? I hadn't hear much about him until the last couple days. I'm trying to decide what to craft next. I was thinking Undine or Anus Champ for Guild Wars, but who knows.

I like him, web is very powerful when opponents start doing considerable damage. He's built for high level delves.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

LLSix posted:

How is the faction event supposed to work? I haven't noticed any extra loot the days I've done the occularan delve.

It took me a while to figure this out, but on Faction event days you access the event in the Games tab (NOT on the underworld map.)

You can do your normal 3x daily Delves, but to get the event bonuses you have to use the Games tab like you would a Class event or Bounty event.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

New Red & Purple faction today with faction event. You can make some really nasty dragon teams.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Should I avoid Wrath's third talent (explode 2 gems on skull match) or go for it? It seems like it could be a very risky talent, although it obviously has a lot of upside.

Also, is there a big comprehensive list of good synergistic teams somewhere? I'm missing some of the key troops from the advanced teams listed upthread (no Kraken).

Right now I'm having fun with:

Wrath (Y/Br) - Sets up the yellow -> skull conversion to finish the board once I spot a 4- or 5-chain when I use his ability
Hero/Ranger/Runic Blade (G/Y) - Ranger's Hunter's Mark on 4- and 5- match is great to follow up with Wrath's skull smashing
Gloom Leaf (R/G) - His corruption (steal armor and attack from enemy team) is okay sometimes to soften some dudes up, and take the edge off the enemy team. I don't have him traited for reflecting skull damage yet - I might swap his places with Wrath to take the hits first and reflect some damage.
Princess Fizzbang (Bl/P) - Her Extra Turn + Explode all greens is great to set up a new board safely, and her colors aren't blocked at all

Are there other good kits to combine with Wrath/Ranger to help generate 4-matches and board wipes, other than Fizzbang?

I really like the Wrath + Ranger setup, but open to trying new stuff. I have Glaycion who basically looks like a Blue/Brown version of Wrath. He seems like a non-bo with Wrath since they're doing the same thing.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
New favorite Delve team, which works for both Crypt Keepers and Hall of Guardians:

Blue/green banner
Glaycion
Jar of Eyes (hero weapon)
The Worldbreaker
Literally anything

The fourth slot can be whatever you want. I am using Abynissia for the blue overflow, summoning, and explosions. If I ever get Skadi she’ll be another option, especially since she can generate a blue storm to help fill Jar.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Is there any other way to get Faction legendaries other than portals?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Where did you get Jar of Eyes from?

Well that's annoying. I didn't realize that a weapon was for sale. I didn't play that event much, so I never even looked at the store.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 14, 2018

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
It was in the event shop so it may be exclusive to that.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The new Legendary is solid. 10% lethal on a tank? My first delve I ignored it and it nuked my hero.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

For this new delve faction event, how are the top players only at delve level 20?
I played twice and it forced me into 30. There are people with 100 or 1,000 times my score still at 20...

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

For this new delve faction event, how are the top players only at delve level 20?
I played twice and it forced me into 30. There are people with 100 or 1,000 times my score still at 20...

That's really weird. A quick test shows that just doing the first room increased both my points and the score that increases delve level by 210 each. So it seems like points and level are supposed to be linked. Supposed to be...

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Maybe they run away rather than fight the final boss. I don't know how the points work but that should keep you at level 20, right?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Aades posted:

Maybe they run away rather than fight the final boss. I don't know how the points work but that should keep you at level 20, right?

This is correct.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Grundulum posted:

This is correct.

That is super lame. So to be the best you just can’t ever beat the level.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

That is super lame. So to be the best you just can’t ever beat the level.

That is not necessarily true. The people who skipped the boss took a points hit of about 1/3 per Delve: 1900 points vs 2700 per attempt. But they kept a low difficulty, which meant it was easier for them to buy additional scrolls with gems and use them. All in all, I think the devs hosed up with the permanent nature of Delving. This was discussed during the beta, and apparently they decided to do nothing as yet.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Used to enjoy playing this over a year ago, and interested in the changes. Hoping there’s space in a goon guild, invite code. LUDO FRIEND SA_WFJZ .

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Devor posted:

Should I avoid Wrath's third talent (explode 2 gems on skull match) or go for it? It seems like it could be a very risky talent, although it obviously has a lot of upside.

Following up on this, should I avoid Wrath's third Trait? It seems like a downside when using it on a safe board

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Ludo, Gem Boiz is full unless someone decides to boot themselves. You could hang out and see if Gem Blossums sends an invite, or seek out a pubbie guild.

Devor, I dunno. I traited Wrath immediately, but never plan to use him. As you pointed out, his trait could take a safe board and turn it into a sweet run for the AI. On the other hand, exploding two gems with every skull match is really useful for mana generation—especially if you have a storm producer (Umberwolf, hero Sunspear, Skadi, etc.). On balance, it’s probably a positive, but I am quite risk averse when doing anything important in this game.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Grundulum posted:

Devor, I dunno. I traited Wrath immediately, but never plan to use him. As you pointed out, his trait could take a safe board and turn it into a sweet run for the AI. On the other hand, exploding two gems with every skull match is really useful for mana generation—especially if you have a storm producer (Umberwolf, hero Sunspear, Skadi, etc.). On balance, it’s probably a positive, but I am quite risk averse when doing anything important in this game.

Likewise. I think I'll experiment with trying to build a team around Glaycion.

Are there any troops like Princess Fizzbang that explode a board and then give an extra turn? I really like the gameplay of using her to generate mana and a fresh board to scout for automatic 4- or 5-matches when I use Glaycion or Wrath's abilities

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Devor posted:

Are there any troops like Princess Fizzbang that explode a board and then give an extra turn? I really like the gameplay of using her to generate mana and a fresh board to scout for automatic 4- or 5-matches when I use Glaycion or Wrath's abilities

My problem with her is that her explode is not at all reliable. I've gone like 3 turns in a row of using it and not having it go off.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Devor posted:

Nobend Brothers but he's even more unreliable than Fizzbang.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

MarcusSA posted:

My problem with her is that her explode is not at all reliable. I've gone like 3 turns in a row of using it and not having it go off.

But hey, free turn!

Right now I'm theorycrafting:

Glaycion (Brn/Prp) - Yellow ->Blue, Red -> Doomskull, 65% reduction in skull damage to help tank
Giant Spider (Grn/Blu) - Makes purple matches to feed Glaycion
Ranger, Runic Blade (Ylw/Grn) - I find the progressive power up on the weapon is useful sometimes, the hunter's mark from Ranger is nice. I didn't see any other weapons that wouldn't be blocked/block others. Maybe Mang just because it's so good?
Queen Titania (Red/Prp) - No idea but I like extra-turn plus damage

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
The ice goblin guy always explodes, but only a few gems. And does a random freeze though.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Apologies, my game crashed while loading assets and I’ve had to redownload it to fix the problem. I hadn’t linked my account yet, so can I get an invite to a goon guild on Ludocious SA_51N8.

I’m linking the account now so this won’t happen again!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Probably a little late, but since I seem to have the highest score today I figured I'd share my team for Yellow day.

+2 red banner
Gorgotha***
Divinia***
Dawnbringer - Priest*** with +1 yellow talent
Arachnaean Weaver***

Between cleanse, barrier, and web, it's quite defensive. It doesn't have to be Priest, but I didn't want to spend 50 gems. Titan or Bard would be a good choice too.

Basically I just asploded the board until the hero or weaver was full and did some damage. Matching skulls is fine, depending on the defenders. Most of the skull matches are just incidental. Gorgotha died once, but was replaced with a Webspinner.

I encountered a great defense team in pvp this week and incorporated it into my GW defenses. A Titan-based Giant team. Forest Troll/Sea Troll/Dawnbringer/Hilda Frostqueen (or whatever, the blue-green giant queen that freezes and summons a giant). It's a real speed bumb that I lost to once. Lots of barriers, summons, freezes, and extra turns. Works on offense too, even as a Priest.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

Ludo Friend posted:

Apologies, my game crashed while loading assets and I’ve had to redownload it to fix the problem. I hadn’t linked my account yet, so can I get an invite to a goon guild on Ludocious SA_51N8.

I’m linking the account now so this won’t happen again!

Invite sent.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I hate skulls with brown hats that trick my mind into conflating skulls and brown gems.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I turned off holiday skulls. I couldn't even figure out what the last set was supposed to represent.

I am surprised that Dragon's Eye hasn't entered the meta earlier, and surprised to see it in the meta for PVP. It's not as fast as Mountain Crusher for powering up a team, nor is it any good at finishing off a troop since it will transform to a full health Baby Dragon. Also, some Dragons are pretty drat good.

For Delve's, yeah it's utility is obvious. But in PVP it's still pretty solid, wrecking combos and disrupting teams.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 20, 2018

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

So is there anything I need to know about bounties before I use my tokens today? This event is new to me.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Grundulum posted:

BOUNTY EVENT

• One weekend a month is designated as a Bounty event. A new minigame is selectable from the "Games" menu, which you typically have to scroll all the way to the right to see.

• The goal of Bounty events is to earn points by winning battles. All battles are worth between 10 and 200 base points, with later battles including troops at higher level. If you include "bounty-hunter" troops on your team, you get bonus points depending on the upgraded rarity level of the troop (rare gives a 2x multiplier, ultra-rare a 3x, ..., with mythic worth a 6x multiplier). In addition, one troop each event is designated the Bounty Captain, whose multiplier is doubled, for up to a 12x bonus for having a single troop present.

• You need to win the battle to get the points, but you get the multiplier regardless of how many/which troops survive to the end. So don't stress out over keeping that Parrot alive. You also aren't obligated to use four bounty-hunter troops, though it's recommended at the early stages for the bonus points. Unlike Raid and Invasion modes, you are not forced into a more difficult battle each time you win. You're allowed to hang out at stage 10 the entire event and never touch 11 if you think that's what will earn you the most points.

• You get four sigils a day, as with Raid and Invasion modes, and Valravens will appear for a chance at two more sigils. Enemy teams are not random, unlike Raid and Invasion modes. You will always face the same four troops at any given stage, modulo a Valraven appearing.

• There is yet another shop where you can spend gems. Each tier gives you sigils and random bounty-hunter troops. Each tier after the second gives you at least one copy of the current Bounty Captain.

• Grundulum advice: you don't have to buy tiers to do well in this game mode. The 12 sigils (which are roughly doubled if you catch every Valraven that appears) are enough to climb reasonably high on the reward list. I personally recommend you buy at least to Tier III, though. This gives you quite a few more sigils, an upgraded Bounty Captain, and a handful of troops that you can use to score more points. You basically can't get to reward 20 unless you're some combination of end-game and/or willing to spend all the way to tier 6 (assuming nearly perfect play) or 7 (if you get unlucky and even two Valravens escape).

• Grundulum advice for late game players: if you can average a x18 multiplier across all your battles, and can consistently win level 20, then each tier you buy after the first is one additional reward rank at the end. Tier VI gets you to Reward 20 with perfect play, Tier V gets you to Reward 19, and so forth. If you choose not to spend to Tier VI getting the Bounty Captain to mythic, though, you're looking at using Orbs of Ascension to cover the difference. I've been using the following team this week, which lets me consistently win at stage 20: Ice Wraith(mythic), Infernus***, Bard*** with Dawnbringer, Pharaoh Hound(mythic). This is a x18 multiplier exactly, but I got unlucky and had two Valravens escape, leaving me one battle short of Reward 20 once I got through all my sigils. Looks like I'm buying Tier VII!

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Thanks I can certainly use some of that advice, I think I have a while to go before I’m worrying about the upper echelons of rewards though!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I finally got Umberwolf for my Soul Farm Team. Yes I lose about 70 ish souls a run but I can grind so much faster now. Umberwolf Darkstorm + The Dragon Soul's Explosion + Aziris x 2 Purple Mana Links = incredibly fast and easy grinding.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

For bounty hunting - there are several bounty hunter troops that show up in gold chests. I average 2 of each every 600 chests I opened so if you've got a lot of gold keys sitting around it might be helpful to use them so you can ascend a few bounty hunters. Just using the gold chest bounty hunters and the mermaid I was able to get to a x21 multiplier and get through half of the fights before I started losing troops. They're getting really tough now, but I've already got a few orbs of chaos.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This game looks legit good on the Xs Maxxxxxx

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
If you have Scorpius, this weekend’s bounty event is easier than most:

Mermaid
Tigraki Warrior/Gorgotha
Ice Wraith/Tigraki Warrior
Scorpius

Mermaid deals double skull damage to every single enemy this week, and none of them have any sort of skull resistance. Furthermore, tier 20 doesn’t use any blue or green, and two support troops: Scurvy Dog and Bandit. So just make sure to take out Atlanta before she can start AoEing everyone and you’re.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I've been farming level 14 with four bounty troops. Mermaid and Tigraki warrior are both pretty good and do most of the work. Again just make sure you murder Atlanta quickly and you are good.

Edit: Level 20 with the following is still pretty easy

Double brown
Mermaid
Titan +9 Mountain Crusher
Tigraki Warrior
Rift Lynx

Bandire fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 22, 2018

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Can I get an invite to Blossums on BONDSKI?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
We may have an opening in Gem Boiz. Attabeira has shown no activity in the last 10 days, so I am considering giving them the boot. Thoughts from other Boiz members?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

voodoo dog posted:

Can I get an invite to Blossums on BONDSKI?

Invite sent to Gem Boiz. If you accept in the next few hours you can reap the rewards of the weekly lootsplosion.