Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Can someone just spoil whatever the hilarious conversation in the restaurant is so people stop trying to kill him in the middle of a crowded room? He's 100 times easier to get when he's completely alone in the garden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Can anyone give me a screenshot of the stalactite that can kill the virus? I can't work out what I should be shooting at.
Here's a video. Advance to about 2 minutes in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LViMTcDj_tM

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dr Cheeto posted:

I only ever shot the virus from the shotgun guard ledge or the roof of the trailer with the security camera. I guess the bottom half of the glass must be bulletproof!

Can anyone give me a screenshot of the stalactite that can kill the virus? I can't work out what I should be shooting at.

Can't get a screenshot right now but the stalactite is hidden by a larger protrusion on the ceiling in front of it. You can't shoot it from just anywhere. If you go over by the forklift to the right of the lab and look up with Instinct you'll see a stalactite hanging directly over where the virus is.

If you're trying to kill Francesca with it you have to wait a bit until she walks right up to the virus. When she first enters the lab she'll stand about five feet away looking at it and that's not close enough.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Lobok posted:

Can't get a screenshot right now but the stalactite is hidden by a larger protrusion on the ceiling in front of it. You can't shoot it from just anywhere. If you go over by the forklift to the right of the lab and look up with Instinct you'll see a stalactite hanging directly over where the virus is.

If you're trying to kill Francesca with it you have to wait a bit until she walks right up to the virus. When she first enters the lab she'll stand about five feet away looking at it and that's not close enough.
I finally managed to post a Silent Assassin run of less than 3 minutes on every pro level and what's weird is, only Hokkaido was slower than normal - Paris was exactly the same and the other four maps were faster on pro. :confuoot:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The virus has to be shot EXACTLY dead on which is hard to explain because you can actually get hit markers when firing the pistol at it despite not actually hitting it or the hazmat scientists inside. If it's any help, I've noticed that the guys who are YouTube superstars don't use Steady Aim on the Silverballer even though they could. It might give you a degree of generous auto-aim or something if you're not trying to pinpoint shoot. It may also just be doing runs enough to know exactly where to shoot from. Either way, everyone I've seen do it consistently has done it from the shotgun guard ledge; I've also accomplished it from the platform where the dongle-operable laptop is. I've never successfully shot the virus at any lower angle no matter how clear a shot I appeared to have.

Pilchenstein posted:

I finally managed to post a Silent Assassin run of less than 3 minutes on every pro level and what's weird is, only Hokkaido was slower than normal - Paris was exactly the same and the other four maps were faster on pro. :confuoot:
Pro made you better at the game, go run Normal again with ballsier routes. I went back to Normal after maxing my Pro Mastery and cut all my times down by like 1000% because you can basically do anything you want on Normal. It's apparent that people can't hear for poo poo without footstep reactions enabled, but Pro's tighter spotting windows also train you in where you can just crouch-run through an area where people are looking right at you so on Normal you can just blitz rooms that you didn't think you could just go straight through.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Well I managed to get Silent Assassin thanks to all your sweet tips and tricks!

Here's what I did:

I started as a surgeon and proceeded through the robo-operating room down into the morgue to grab the virus capsules and take out the recording system.
Then back from the morgue into the Medical Center hallways to await the Surgeon's phone call.
While she was in the hallway I jabbed her with an Emetic syringe - this took three tries to get right.
She proceeded into the bathroom where I gave her the fatal virus jab. From there I was locked in.
I went back down through the morgue and the staff hallways, from there to the restaurant. My timing was on point - I noticed him and his sweater immediately.
He went into the garden, I followed - he made a phone call but he was still near the center of the garden. I waited....
When he went to the railing I gave him a jab. I briefly considered dumping the body but instead booked it for the cable car.
White bathrobe GET!

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

Back at you.

Man that slow jog through the snow is excruciating.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LeJackal posted:

Well I managed to get Silent Assassin thanks to all your sweet tips and tricks!

Here's what I did:

I started as a surgeon and proceeded through the robo-operating room down into the morgue to grab the virus capsules and take out the recording system.
Then back from the morgue into the Medical Center hallways to await the Surgeon's phone call.
While she was in the hallway I jabbed her with an Emetic syringe - this took three tries to get right.
She proceeded into the bathroom where I gave her the fatal virus jab. From there I was locked in.
I went back down through the morgue and the staff hallways, from there to the restaurant. My timing was on point - I noticed him and his sweater immediately.
He went into the garden, I followed - he made a phone call but he was still near the center of the garden. I waited....
When he went to the railing I gave him a jab. I briefly considered dumping the body but instead booked it for the cable car.
White bathrobe GET!

You noticed him by his sweater but it was the sideburns that I spotted from afar.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you know, with the weird blue gloves he kinda reminds me of the scientist victim from the trailer, although that was sapienza

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Those are just nitrile disposable gloves, they're common for anyone working in a sterile environment.

Doesn't explain why he's wearing them out of the operating theater, but that's video games for you.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Someone in the thread described him as "Dr. Robbie Rotten" and that works pretty well :v:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

You noticed him by his sweater but it was the sideburns that I spotted from afar.

I've become hyperaware of 1) Fire extinguishers and 2) Necks.

An addiction to explosions and fibre wire will do that.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Colorado contracts are hard to make interesting or fun (and Aim For Accidents was already made, objectively the best Colorado contract) but I'm trying.

How'd You Even Get In Here? (Colorado): 1-09-7100437-02
Blow up targets in the farmhouse and barn as the cook, who has access to neither area.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I've been cheesing the Master Sniper Challenges in Sapienza by creating and re-doing my own Contracts so now I have all the sniper rifles. Unless there are more to unlock in Pro. Think I'm going to do the Himmapan Horror challenges now to get an extra syringe. Or I should go back to Doom until the next ET. Dunno yet.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lobok posted:

I've been cheesing the Master Sniper Challenges in Sapienza by creating and re-doing my own Contracts so now I have all the sniper rifles. Unless there are more to unlock in Pro.

There's a version of the Steiger 2K that you get from Colorado Pro that apparently plays Ave Maria????

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Managed my first SA rating ever on Sapienza today. I stumbled across the Plague Doctor opportunity but killed him with the wrong knife so now I have to do it again :saddowns:

Man, this game is great.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Lobok posted:

I've been cheesing the Master Sniper Challenges in Sapienza by creating and re-doing my own Contracts so now I have all the sniper rifles. Unless there are more to unlock in Pro. Think I'm going to do the Himmapan Horror challenges now to get an extra syringe. Or I should go back to Doom until the next ET. Dunno yet.

I'd suggest going for Himmapan Horror. The syringe is genuinely quite useful, and the challenges are fun and none too difficult.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Mondian posted:

Man that slow jog through the snow is excruciating.
Nice. You went for the patrolling guy first I guess?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

explosivo posted:

Managed my first SA rating ever on Sapienza today. I stumbled across the Plague Doctor opportunity but killed him with the wrong knife so now I have to do it again :saddowns:

Man, this game is great.

Everyone always talks about Sapienza being an amazing map and that room in particular is a real highlight.

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd suggest going for Himmapan Horror. The syringe is genuinely quite useful, and the challenges are fun and none too difficult.

Cool. Did you use any particular contracts? I feel like just picking at random from the Featured ones.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Anyone know where the insecticide is in Bangkok pro? The last challenges I have to do all require it and I can't seem to google my way to it.

Edit: Oh I'm an idiot, it's apparently still in the van.

Eggnogium fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 26, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Lobok posted:

Everyone always talks about Sapienza being an amazing map and that room in particular is a real highlight.

Cool. Did you use any particular contracts? I feel like just picking at random from the Featured ones.

You absolutely want to search for contracts that were designed for it. Run a search for the names of the challenges.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Always good to know for himmapan the linen room start has a fireaxe in the room if you turn 180 from the start position. I spent way too long trying to steal the one by the stairs with security guards nearby before noticing that.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

do propane tanks count as explosive devices?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Blasmeister posted:

Always good to know for himmapan the linen room start has a fireaxe in the room if you turn 180 from the start position. I spent way too long trying to steal the one by the stairs with security guards nearby before noticing that.

Linen room's always a good place to start. Disguise outfits abound, rat poison, wrench, coins, and a master key card all very close to one another.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Lobok posted:

I made one that gets you the "drown 2 people" and "push 3 people off a balcony" at the same time. It's on PS4 though, called Himmapan Hijinx.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

Nice. You went for the patrolling guy first I guess?

Second. I think this is about as efficient as this route's gonna get. Maybe 5s faster with better lure positioning, I dunno.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

double nine posted:

do propane tanks count as explosive devices?
They count as explosion accidents, not sure if they also count as devices. Normally "Explosive Device" specifically refers to a proximity or remote explosive. "Explosion" applies to either.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah explosive device is gonna be breaching/ducks/mines etc. Propane, gas, cars, and FE's don't count.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 26, 2017

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Mondian posted:

Second. I think this is about as efficient as this route's gonna get. Maybe 5s faster with better lure positioning, I dunno.
Quite possibly. I told myself I was going to take a break from the game for a few days but I might well get the madness again tomorrow and try beating it, who knows.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Well, I got bored and decided to record the run. Then I realized I never record stuff and it accidently picked up the inane YT audio I was watching on the other monitor so enjoy it with some free tunes instead of game audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfpjlyYv8ec

Don't think surgeon can be done much better than this outside of maybe getting a better toss on the first coin to get it a second faster. Also, boy do I wish I could open doors from 15 feet away like npcs do.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The restaurant conversation: a guard comes up to Robbie Rotten and asks him about a 'treatment,' insisting he needs to go big. Real big. They chat a bit about size isn't everything, and after a moment, the guard's like 'yo so can I get some steroids or what' and the doctor's like 'what.' It's a hilarious dick-centric bit of dialogue, and the guard misunderstands the doc and is like 'hey it's cool if you're gay'. Not worth losing an SA run for. Ugh, don't bother trying to stick Robbie in the restaurant. You'll get that bartender seeing you through a wall.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 26, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Mondian posted:

Well, I got bored and decided to record the run. Then I realized I never record stuff and it accidently picked up the inane YT audio I was watching on the other monitor so enjoy it with some free tunes instead of game audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfpjlyYv8ec

Don't think surgeon can be done much better than this outside of maybe getting a better toss on the first coin to get it a second faster. Also, boy do I wish I could open doors from 15 feet away like npcs do.

That's not a bad run, track, or contract. What's the track called?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Rollin Back by MK2

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

how do i get the psychologist disguise on pro mode, the waiter doesn't go down the stairs next to the dumpster so getting his disguise is really hard

e: kitchen assistant can also poison stuff :doh: and i messed up and accidentally pulled out a pair of scissors so bye silent assassin, lucky i didn't need it

e2: haha i silent killed francesca, body not found, and now her bodyguard is going around calling out for her. it's kind of sad, like a dog that lost its master

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 26, 2017

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The kitchen assistant can also carry gas canisters and is allowed in most of the house.

Aug 24, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

The kitchen assistant can also carry gas canisters and is allowed in most of the house.

i'm going for a triple pro challenge get of fibre wire, .45 therapy, and smothering caruso

would have been nice to SA it just cos, didn't know about the gas canister though. the chef isn't allowed in the house but the kitchen assistants are?

e: one of the guards said "uhhhhhhhh..... what's up doc?" love this game

e2: wow ok finally antique emetic syringe get. never going to use it but i have it if i need it. next i probably want the paris one? that's the second most useful one? any others worth getting?

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 26, 2017

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Not really, even those two are only possibly useful for maybe setting up some esoteric Rube Goldberg stuff anyway.

Aug 24, 2011

well marrakesh has that crystal ball that instantly breaks when you hit someone, that's totally uhhh nevermind

bangkok.....? what is bangkok's?

colorado is the ave maria sniper, however it's also colorado

hokkaido could be interesting, watched some saso pro videos and they all steal a loud gun and use it. hmm... baseball bat...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

where the red fern gropes posted:

bangkok.....? what is bangkok's?

The silenced version of the full-auto ICA 19. It's a fun gun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Well, I botched the Silent Assassin rating (accidentally suckerpunched a guard after hiding the dude's body, leading to a bathroom fistfight), but managed to get both with the poison and escape alive to enjoy my bathrobe.