Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

uPen posted:

So are we going to get a sidekick to help bring the lizard under control or is the lizard going to save spiderman from something worse?

It's a swamp creature that looks kind of like an echidna, but more swampy. His name is Benny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

jeez dude calm down

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like the 3rd pannel where connors is replaced by his stunt double

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Can Peter just book him an appointment with a therapist already so we can get on to sabertooth

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

All i want is for peter to get injected with a serum and become spider-manatee. It would be a considerable increase in intelligence.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I gotta give credit where it's due. The Rages of Grief is a great teaser.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Dr. Connors both looking and acting powerfully like Gary Busey these days.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

uPen posted:

So are we going to get a sidekick to help bring the lizard under control or is the lizard going to save spiderman from something worse?

"Jameson is on his annual airboat fishing trip in the Everglades when Spider-Man has to borrow the boat to catch the Lizard. Jonah insists on coming along to keep Spider-Man from damaging the boat because he was too stingy to pay for insurance. They eventually catch the Lizard using Jameson's well-honed angling skills. Meanwhile, Peter accidentally hits his head on a mangrove tree during a high-speed airboat chase."

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Can Peter just book him an appointment with a therapist already so we can get on to sabertooth

"Peter, I found a therapist with really good testimonials. It looks like he's a Doctor... Sab R. Tuth."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

jeez dude calm down

You lost an arm, rear end in a top hat, but having turned into a lizard like 50 times in the past 50 years ought to put that into perspective.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Do we have an official tally for how many times Connors has lived the lizard lifestyle in NSM?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mind the walrus posted:

Do we have an official tally for how many times Connors has lived the lizard lifestyle in NSM?

It's been going since 1977, so probably a few times by now.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Peter can't you just... I don't know, ring up Tony Stark and set Connors up with a sweet robotic artificial arm? I think you have Tony's number, you were in the Avengers together.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mikl posted:

Peter can't you just... I don't know, ring up Tony Stark and set Connors up with a sweet robotic artificial arm? I think you have Tony's number, you were in the Avengers together.

He did, but then he peed in it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Connors: Listen lady, I'm gonna smash up equipment and break a table in two in a screaming fit of rage until you admit that my plan is reasoned and well thought out :argh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wow i went and read his character history for the main comics line and wish I hadnt

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wow i went and read his character history for the main comics line and wish I hadnt

Mmmm deep fried Billy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
misty knight has a sweet starktech robot arm. why don't you want to be more like misty knight, connors?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Dude just refuses to give himself the Stranger, okay? It's his own arm or nothing!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shed was too messed up for my tastes.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

uPen posted:

C'mon, give us Newspaper Giant-Size Man-Thing!

graham cracker posted:

All i want is for peter to get injected with a serum and become spider-manatee. It would be a considerable increase in intelligence.
Maybe Peter could become the Amazing Giant-Size Spider-Man-Thing! Sure he'd technically be mindless, but would anyone really be able to tell?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Shed was too messed up for my tastes.

Oh come on, what old Silver Age Spider-Man tale didn't have some filicide and cannibalism?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lobok posted:

Oh come on, what old Silver Age Spider-Man tale didn't have some filicide and cannibalism?

Don't forget the rape.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Curtis truly is a thorough Florida Man.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Mikl posted:

Oh nooooo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Have the Lizard and the Wizard ever teamed up?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Synthbuttrange posted:

jeez dude calm down

Don't be a menace to South Florida while drinking lizard juice in the Everglades.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

JUST GET OUT OF THE LAB ALREADY! Dude is gonna start ripping off MORE of his limbs and throw them out the window in a fit of rage!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Peter and MJ should sit him down with an iced tea and discuss his inappropriate feelings about being a self-hating amputee and how he needs to accept his loss and understand it doesn't make him an incomplete person.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm starting to suspect there might be a reason why he keeps taking lizard serum to regrow his arm even though it ends with him becoming a malevolent humanoid lizard every single time.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Weren't Past-Day Crusaders also murderous masked menaces, basically.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

cisneros posted:

Weren't Past-Day Crusaders also murderous masked menaces, basically.

I'm now picturing crusader-era Jameson yelling at someone about getting woodcuts of templars.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
At least it was sensible of Connors to move to Florida, if he turns into a lizard he'll at least have company.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Shaddak posted:

I'm now picturing crusader-era Jameson yelling at someone about getting woodcuts of templars.

Jacques de Molay: Threat or Menace?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Parker!! Get your woodcarving tools, and get your rear end to Ren le chateu (I have no idea of the spelling on that one)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Rennes-le-Château

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hmm, nope doesnt ring a bell, well off to drink some lizard serum!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Gonna go to the Everglades with my bros and drink serum straight from the lizard.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm actually kind of scared of this deranged Connors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Has he tried other animals that can regenerate? Like a starfish or flatworm? Or even plants. Curt Connors, transforming into a half-plant thing in the his swamp lab, like some of... Bog Stuff.

• Locked thread