Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

the world intel is one of those things that feels like it's going to be AAA map fodder, but all of it has had a lot of thought put into it and takes some side characters from Remake and takes all of them to insane extremes, it's awesome. once you get to the junon area it gets even crazier. i know the internet hates chadley but he's not that bad.

Yeah most of the intel stuff feels much more unique and "designed" than the usual Ubisoft open world poo poo which makes me way more interested in doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

chadley is my friend and i must help him

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat it. There's still cutscenes. Processing

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah most of the intel stuff feels much more unique and "designed" than the usual Ubisoft open world poo poo which makes me way more interested in doing it

I was getting weary of it by the end of the third region but then I got my second wind after Gongaga so whatever. It's stuff to do. Battle Intel could have used more varied objectives as 90% of them are the same (Pressure an enemy, stagger an enemy, defeat the enemies within the time limit). The protorelic stuff was the best part.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

elf help book posted:

chadley is my friend and i must help him

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kongming posted:

I was getting weary of it by the end of the third region but then I got my second wind after Gongaga so whatever. It's stuff to do. Battle Intel could have used more varied objectives as 90% of them are the same (Pressure an enemy, stagger an enemy, defeat the enemies within the time limit). The protorelic stuff was the best part.

This was the case for me too. I was feeling kind of fatigued in Gongaga but as soon as I hit Cosmo Canyon I was hyped to keep exploring and that kept up for the rest of the zones.

My main wish was that there would've been more party banter while doing intel stuff, so I hope they do that in part 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they include about 6x as much Zack lore in part 3.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rebirth did more to make me care about Zack than Crisis Core did, it's that good

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Mai wants me to mating press another bird for her amusement. Very well. Who am I to deny her this.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Mai wants me to mating press another bird for her amusement. Very well. Who am I to deny her this.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hizke posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Hizke posted:

Chadley blew out all my holes. Sorry I’m trying to delete it.

Hizke posted:

LOL I just looked up who chadley was cuz I forgot so I’m going on record and stating chadley did not do that.

thinking about this sequence of posts again

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cloud. I've just discovered a disturbing article on Shinra's news that display some unsettling deas regarding what are your, according to the journalist, "holes." While I trust that this was an error and it referenced the members of your team you refer to as "anime babes," I'm nonetheless upset that you could not recall my designated name. Have I done something to offend you? Call me.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have completed all the Intel and combat challenges in the grasslands.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Seymour Flux is pounding my rear end rn

----------------

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

little munchkin posted:

and your meaningless existence with it!

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

little munchkin posted:

lol thinking i got his rear end when i summon Bahamut on overdrive and he kills him in one attack specifically designed to kill summons smh

----------------

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

little munchkin posted:

hes a little fucker

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All ready for my Hard Mode replay of rebirth. Everyone is level 70, and I've got all mini games and Johnny quests done except the final god tier chadley challenges, which I'll chip away at during my next playthrough.

I think it will be nice to kind of ignore all the side stuff and just watch the story this time and run from cutscene to cutscene in the overworld. Wonder how quick it is with 0 distractions....

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat Fort Condor and I don't think I want to do hard mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

But thou must.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I haven't done that or [spoiler]the frog mini-game[/spoiler[ yet. I think I'll tell myself that I'll come back to it and then not, lol.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It's not that bad but you have to approach it differently so it might take a while to figure out the "correct" strat. If you just try and counter enemy units with your own units you will run out of time every game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

It's not that bad but you have to approach it differently so it might take a while to figure out the "correct" strat. If you just try and counter enemy units with your own units you will run out of time every game.

I found it hard to figure out toward the end regular mode. It always felt about placement and figuring out when to trigger the PCs more than what units you take and at some point it really felt like guesswork. I feel like Hard Mode would just be more of the same but the game is so huge already.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The fort condor in the Yuffie chapter was way better than this fort condor, idk why decided to simplify and streamline it so much, made it a less interesting game.

Up to chapter 3 of hard mode, this game is actually pretty breezy if all you do is fast travel to the next cutscene lol. Also replaying the nibelheim flashback was interesting...noticed a lot of details I missed the first time.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

has anyone played ff13-2? i dont think this game exists, ive never seen anyone mention it. is it different / better than 13

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

paging elf help book.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mbt posted:

has anyone played ff13-2? i dont think this game exists, ive never seen anyone mention it. is it different / better than 13

its great

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mbt posted:

its better than FF13, but Lightning Returns is truthfully the 3rd Valkyrie Profile game, if that makes sense lol

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I played it for the first time recently and its a lot of fun. The story is goofy in a charming way and you get to collect and power up lots of different monsters who all have different jobs and specialties. I used a lil penguin dude for most of the game and he was an MVP during pretty much every boss fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like 13 a bit more just because being able to go anywhere you want from close to the start of the game made 13-2 a little easy. Lightning Returns solves this and is the best of the 3

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 23, 2024