Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

note that i said pantera rules not phil anselmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hollismason posted:

No, I did not know that she had a musical career before politics

I think this is racist

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

now he'll be writing about how his struggles are over because we're finally gonna make america great again

hmm do you have good insight into Kanye's thought process?

checks out vb's posts; rap sheet

it's grim, friend

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

hmm do you have good insight into Kanye's thought process?

not personally, but trump tells me it's fantastic. just terrific.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Got out of my work holiday 'party' by virtue of it being from 2-4 today and me going "yeah I'm not getting up at noon. Not even for tacos."

Praying left over tacos are in the conference room.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

kustomkarkommando posted:

what Is the worst kanye song oh vb

correct answer is everything from 808s and heartbreak

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

stone cold posted:

have you considered that kanye is actually in fact a genius?

kanye west is average at best at rapping but good at producing and self-promoting

you could also say that kanye is talented while also acknowledging they have flawed personality, you don't have to deify them. for instance, they're a narcissist with bad views on women

my favorite Kanye Memory is the defense of bill cosby as innocent

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

mandatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGxIS0JWiUA

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Rodatose posted:

kanye west is average at best at rapping but good at producing and self-promoting

you could also say that kanye is talented while also acknowledging they have flawed personality, you don't have to deify them. for instance, they're a narcissist with bad views on women

my favorite Kanye Memory is the defense of bill cosby as innocent

i think that thinking Kanye has bad views on women is a pretty shallow reading of his art

i'm also gonna toss out he gets significantly more scrutiny then other artists because he is a successful black artist in America

like everybody seems to give the Beatles and zeppelin a pass on the wife beating, the statutory rape, and that thing where zep tried to actually kidnap a thirteen year old girl for sex reasons

meanwhile, kanye suffers a nervous breakdown

i wonder what the difference here is

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
people who deify those other artists in spite of their flaws are bad too, good thing that only comes up with older people instead of younger generations who idolize kanye

sorry but I can't sympathize with a millionaire celebrity having a nervous breakdown while doing millionaire celebrity things

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Rodatose posted:

people who deify those other artists in spite of their flaws are bad too, good thing that only comes up with older people instead of younger generations who idolize kanye

sorry but I can't sympathize with a millionaire celebrity having a nervous breakdown while doing millionaire celebrity things

mental illness is bad for everybody

hth

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I sympathize with anyone who is suffering from mental problems.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i burst out laughing at the line "everyone wanna know what my achilles heel is... love! i don't get enough of it!!!! all i get is vampires and bloodsuckers..."

sounds like a "nice guy"'s views on women

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Hollismason posted:

I sympathize with anyone who is suffering from mental problems.

i sympathize with donald trump who suffers from serious mental problems

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Volkerball posted:

She lost because she was bought and paid for running against a guy who presented himself as too rich to be bought and paid for.

This is the dumbest take. Your only solution is get better candidates when you say yourself it was strictly their images that were crafted not by the campaigns but by how they were covered

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the problem is once you become a powerful and influential person, your mental problems can result in hardship for others as you take advantage of people (then cover it up with your power) or normalize bad behaviors (with your influence).

cosby was just so busy and had so much pressure from being a symbol of respectability...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

She lost because she was bought and paid for running against a guy who presented himself as too rich to be bought and paid for.

what kind of stupid motherfucker are you jesus christ

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
volkerball do you work at being this ungodly stupid or does it just come naturally

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Rodatose posted:

i burst out laughing at the line "everyone wanna know what my achilles heel is... love! i don't get enough of it!!!! all i get is vampires and bloodsuckers..."

jay z is kanye sounds legit and not really racist

Rodatose posted:

the problem is once you become a powerful and influential person, your mental problems can result in hardship for others as you take advantage of people (then cover it up with your power) or normalize bad behaviors (with your influence).

cosby was just so busy and had so much pressure from being a symbol of respectability...

-somebody who has never had to deal with mental illness

i too think that being depressed and trying to kill yourself is the same thing as being a rapist, also people with mental illness are manipulative monsters

have you ever considered stepping out from your bubble, friend?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

In case you guys weren't aware, Keith Ellison is good and cool

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Rodatose posted:

what a ridiculously inappropriate comparison

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Not a Step posted:

In case you guys weren't aware, Keith Ellison is good and cool

actually he is a black muslim and middle america cant possibly relate to him and is bad

what publication was that person with?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
stone cold would you suggest leaving Kanye alone

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

pangstrom posted:

for some reason i read this as cold stone creamery and now i am going to talk about how i put kanyanas and kanyola into my ice cream cup

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

stone cold posted:

jay z is kanye sounds legit and not really racist
I assume the lyrics are written by the artist not the person who does the verse, jay z doesn't talk anything like kanye's middle class male frustration with women

quote:

-somebody who has never had to deal with mental illness
lol

Chelb posted:

what a ridiculously inappropriate comparison

i mentioned earlier kanye's defense of cosby as innocent

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
even if you want to defend kanye's consistent use of dialogue and imagery involving violence towards women as art, keep in mind that it still perpetuates violence regardless of intent bc many people read a piece of art on it surface level, seeing what they want to out of it. insert that quote from Jarhead about anti-war movies being actually pro-war here

easier to believe tho that it's just another rich powerful person who likes the feeling of domination over powerless women.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

pangstrom posted:

perhaps

Rodatose posted:

I assume the lyrics are written by the artist not the person who does the verse, jay z doesn't talk anything like kanye's middle class male frustration with women

-an actual middle class male who is frustrated with women. also a person who doesn't get rap

Rodatose posted:

i mentioned earlier kanye's defense of cosby as innocent

oh no a bad opinion
must make Kanye a terrible person, better discount all of his art
meanwhile let's listen to some Beatles and watch Polanski movies

Rodatose posted:

also you directly compared mentally ill people to rapists so quit trying to act all innocent now

have you considered self-reflection, friend

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Rodatose posted:

even if you want to defend kanye's consistent use of dialogue and imagery involving violence towards women as art, keep in mind that it still perpetuates violence regardless of intent bc many people read a piece of art on it surface level, seeing what they want to out of it. insert that quote from Jarhead about anti-war movies being actually pro-war here

easier to believe tho that it's just another rich powerful person who likes the feeling of domination over powerless women.

i don't think you get Kanye

I don't think you've listened to Kanye

I think you have a not unique anger towards a successful black man

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnAon1UdwRg
This is the only Nikki Minaj song I've heard

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodatose posted:

:nallears:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yea im sure that Jay Z is just all the time rapping other peoples verse on songs

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

stone cold posted:

oh no a bad opinion
must make Kanye a terrible person, better discount all of his art
meanwhile let's listen to some Beatles and watch Polanski movies
youre carrying some baggage from conversations with other people here, since I already said the other things (that no one is defending) are bad

quote:

also you directly compared mentally ill people to rapists so quit trying to act all innocent now
rapists have mental problems, yes. sexually assaulting someone is partially the result of mental problems* - the need to dominate, which one acts on through social pressures and opportunity. becoming powerful allows one to act more easily on it since there's less chance of being faced with consequences.

*unless you want to buy into the rape culture idea that the inclination to sexually assault others is a natural result of libido. it's not. it's about power.

expressing this isn't the same as saying all mentally ill people are rapists you dummy.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rodatose posted:

i sympathize with donald trump who suffers from serious mental problems

Not exactly suffering

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey can we back the gently caress up to the part where your tin ear cant tell the difference between Jay Z and Kanye West because thats a lot funnier

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Rodatose posted:

cosby was just so busy and had so much pressure from being a symbol of respectability....

Rodatose posted:

youre carrying some baggage from conversations with other people here, since I already said the other things (that no one is defending) are bad
rapists have mental problems, yes. sexually assaulting someone is partially the result of mental problems* - the need to dominate, which one acts on through social pressures and opportunity. becoming powerful allows one to act more easily on it since there's less chance of being faced with consequences.

*unless you want to buy into the rape culture idea that the inclination to sexually assault others is a natural result of libido. it's not. it's about power.

expressing this isn't the same as saying all mentally ill people are rapists you dummy.

:yikes:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodatose posted:

hes not even talking about loving women in that verse moron

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

paranoid randroid posted:

yea im sure that Jay Z is just all the time rapping other peoples verse on songs

the first time i heard that verse it sounded so completely out of voice for anything i'd heard of jay z's previously

I guess I was giving them benefit of the doubt for a verse that bad

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"I was gonna kill a couple rappers but they did it to themselves, everbody's suicidal they don't even need my help"

[extremely rodatose voice] whoa pretty messed up to take delight in suicidal ideation there, Kendrick

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodatose posted:

the first time i heard that verse it sounded so completely out of voice for anything i'd heard of jay z's previously

I guess I was giving them benefit of the doubt for a verse that bad

if you cant tell Jay Z when you hear him i suspect your experience with him is limited to loving car commercials and that your ability to judge quality is suboptimal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

ghostwriting on rap songs is really common

• Locked thread