Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

The tolarian community review absolutely demolished it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chill la Chill posted:

Are they bad? Friend just got one for millennium blades and it seems ok so far.

I bought one. It's pretty decent, and solid. Lots of storage and well-organized and it looks nice enough that I can leave it somewhere semi-visible. It's biggest downside is that it's not very portable--you don't really want to lug around the thing like a basketball when you travel (and it's about that size). But I mostly play with my cube at home, so that was never an issue.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

What's your reasoning?

Megamorph is really a subset of morph but I like that it gives you an incentive to play it as a morph and unmorph it.

----

This guy has, like, triple sleeved his turns deck

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

ShaneB posted:

The tolarian community review absolutely demolished it.
Cliff's notes: It's expensive, super awkwardly shaped, made out of bog-standard cardboard and the print on it peels right off.

Edit: IIRC, the Prof liked this Kakapopo case, fits about 1000 sleeved cards: http://kakapopotcg.com/TCG-Case-A3-Black/ (Don't get the bigger one with the sliding dividers.)

Siivola fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 18, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

That's the name we're going with, really?

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

uPen posted:

The implication is that they're creations of Bolas, and therefore don't have identities like the previous gods did.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TheChirurgeon posted:

I bought one. It's pretty decent, and solid. Lots of storage and well-organized and it looks nice enough that I can leave it somewhere semi-visible. It's biggest downside is that it's not very portable--you don't really want to lug around the thing like a basketball when you travel (and it's about that size). But I mostly play with my cube at home, so that was never an issue.

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. Millenium blades is a table hog and the most travel it'll get is between people's homes and the LGS. I was fearing that maybe it had shoddy construction because we really haven't used it much yet. I might be getting one for myself along with another copy of MB/expansions.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

uPen posted:

They didn't want to pay royalties to the company that owns the rights to The Scorpion King

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TheMaestroso posted:

The implication is that they're creations of Bolas, and therefore don't have identities like the previous gods did.

not creations, exactly. they existed before but he killed them and replaced their identities or whatever

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Chill la Chill posted:

Are they bad? Friend just got one for millennium blades and it seems ok so far.

I mean it's $65 bucks for a cardboard box. Why not get an actual case if you're spending that much? Or just get a BCW card box and have someone paint something nice on it and put a latch on it, bam $5 for a box, some money to a local artist and you've got yourself something with better dimensions than the cub3.

uPen posted:

They said the same thing on the invocation. THESCORPIONGOD!?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

THE SCORPIOR GOB!?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hellsau posted:

I mean it's $65 bucks for a cardboard box. Why not get an actual case if you're spending that much? Or just get a BCW card box and have someone paint something nice on it and put a latch on it, bam $5 for a box, some money to a local artist and you've got yourself something with better dimensions than the cub3.
:stare: I didn't realize it was that expensive. You're right, I might as well ask around for a handcrafted wooden box at that point. A lot of people make them nowadays to go with the board game explosion.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chill la Chill posted:

:stare: I didn't realize it was that expensive. You're right, I might as well ask around for a handcrafted wooden box at that point. A lot of people make them nowadays to go with the board game explosion.

I am certain someone can make you a cedar box on etsy.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

uPen posted:

it's a good name, for a entity which has had its identity erased and all memory of it purged

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the only thing i don't like about it is that it's not a god horror, tbh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Scorpion God is just EDH fodder right?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Actually not convinced of that. It's a 5 mana 6/5 that protects itself and has other random upside

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

mcmagic posted:

Nope, staple in every format, 4-of in every deck. Even decks that don't have it's colors.

It's a 5-of in Miracles.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

mcmagic posted:

This thing can take you from parity to winning, and farts card advantage as it does it. That's something you want in slow games. It might be superceded by other wincons, but it's not something I'd be embarrassed to play.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Veyrall posted:

Nope, staple in every format, 4-of in every deck. Even decks that don't have it's colors.

It's a 5-of in Miracles.

The shitposting is better when it's at least funny.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Elyv posted:

Actually not convinced of that. It's a 5 mana 6/5 that protects itself and has other random upside

It really doesn't protect itself. The format needs to be glacial in order for it to be good. Reminds me a little of Gitrog Monster. I don't think you can play a 5 drop that does nothing ETB in standard.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

It really doesn't protect itself. The format needs to be glacial in order for it to be good. Reminds me a little of Gitrog Monster.

It's permanently removed only by declaration and stasis snare.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
actually, my 3 magma sprays take care of it forever too. checkmate

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

YggdrasilTM posted:

It's permanently removed only by declaration and stasis snare.

It can be removed though. If you're down in the game they can remove it without you getting any value and it's just a dumb 6/5 with no evasion.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

It really doesn't protect itself. The format needs to be glacial in order for it to be good. Reminds me a little of Gitrog Monster. I don't think you can play a 5 drop that does nothing ETB in standard.

Gitfrog needed to be in play for a whole turn(or you needed an uncracked evolving wilds) for it to gain value. This doesn't at least. I haven't played Standard in a long time though

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Elyv posted:

Gitfrog needed to be in play for a whole turn(or you needed an uncracked evolving wilds) for it to gain value. This doesn't at least. I haven't played Standard in a long time though

If you play it, use up all your mana and then they kill it and you get it back to you hand, you are up a card but you aren't advancing your board and if you're down in the game that isn't clawing you back. Especially against the premier threats in standard. It just doesn't do enough.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

If you play it, use up all your mana and then they kill it and you get it back to you hand, you are up a card but you aren't advancing your board and if you're down in the game that isn't clawing you back. Especially against the premier threats in standard. It just doesn't do enough.

do you think there's any possibility it'll see play post-rotation?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Elyv posted:

do you think there's any possibility it'll see play post-rotation?

You mean when BFZ block rotates? I mean it's possible. Hard to know what the format is going to look like but if I had to guess I'd say no. The god I'm interested in playing is Hazorat the Pervert.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 18, 2017

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
It's kind of like an Olivia Voldaren that's worse in every way.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

suicidesteve posted:

THE SCORPIOR GOB!?

They've made a huge mistake.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

uninverted posted:

It's kind of like an Olivia Voldaren that's worse in every way.

To be fair, there's a lot of room to be worse than Olivia and still be playable.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

I'm a fan of SCORPORIAL ORB

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
At the very least the card will win all of its limited games.
If the format becomes a Midrange fest it could find a home.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

How is WotC about MTGO reimbursement? I just lost a game to time because MTGO took minutes to pass priority back to my opponent each time I hit "OK", and my timer kept ticking down the whole time. Ran a speed test after and my internet connection seems to be working perfectly.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Oh god I love this

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mef989 posted:

How is WotC about MTGO reimbursement? I just lost a game to time because MTGO took minutes to pass priority back to my opponent each time I hit "OK", and my timer kept ticking down the whole time. Ran a speed test after and my internet connection seems to be working perfectly.

Real good, I've never had a problem getting reimbursed. Just provide your match number.

E: flavor town ^^^

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 18, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

Oh god I love this

wow the cmc is so low on this that I even think there's a chance at standard

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Ah my favorite card, Sunburn Mountain or as it's abbreviated here, SUNBERNMT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i don't know what set sunder (i think that's sunder, god these are so hard to read) was in, but 5 mana return every land to hand sounds loving miserable

course i also think upheavel is a miserable card, just not a big fan of reset the game type cards tbh