Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

BWV posted:

haahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Sorry. They're stupid but there's not that much evidence they're willfully spiteful to their own detriment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Not Dannys Fault

Don't you think it's funny how this literally happens every single time the Celtics fail to land someone? They are the biggest "WE TRIED" team in the league and it's reaching the point of comedy. At a certain point you need to poo poo or get off the pot and Danny seems to refuse to do so.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Niwrad posted:

I think the hope would be trade for George, he enjoys it, he signs long term deal.

I mean they couldn't even outbid Minnesota's pile of trash for Butler who has 2 years left and probably isn't bolting to LA.

Presumably they didn't think he would stay. Given his comments it sounds unlikely barring a Finals trip. Letting Butler go to Minny for a weak deal I won't defend, he's a real deal Star I think and would have stuck around. That was a gently caress up

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

That's a pretty neutral and non-Danny related source, idk

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Notice how When say leak three first rounders for him they dont mention any protections on those picks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah. Seems like a smart move for OKC, although I wonder if Russ starts getting fed up if stars keep leaving.

Forget who I heard discussing this the other day, but I do wonder: anyone see other teams maybe overpaying for Warriors free agents , just to weaken that team any way they can? Will be interesting if Iguadola gets a big offer from another West team.

Ask the Kings how overpaying for Warriors bench players worked out

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
when's midnight?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

G-Hawk posted:

wow i was having a friendly conversation i agree with the spurs and warriors being dead we'll beat them with our respective pauls and then james harden and russ westbrook can battle with their new paul friends

also the rockets are meeting with Iggy and Amir Johnson so far :effort:

THE WEST IS IN A FULL WAR THERE ARE NO FRIENDLY CONVERSATIONS

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Dexo posted:

Notice how When say leak three first rounders for him they dont mention any protections on those picks.

I dont give a drat if they are entirely lottery protected, I'd take those over Oladipo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Don't you think it's funny how this literally happens every single time the Celtics fail to land someone? They are the biggest "WE TRIED" team in the league and it's reaching the point of comedy. At a certain point you need to poo poo or get off the pot and Danny seems to refuse to do so.

He won a championship already by pulling off a similar trade, knew when to blow up that team and make the best trade in league history to blow that up, got Isaiah Thomas for nothing and Crowder for Rondo and got to the ECF while keeping all of the picks

Why are you so impatient, I'm fairly okay with letting him do his thing

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 1, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's a pretty neutral and non-Danny related source, idk

Who's the League source?

I mean poo poo, it's probably Ainge leaking this poo poo to make himself look good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Espn news appears to have live reporting atm

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

if woj has an even bigger story at 12:01

:wow:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ainges offer to the bulls involved like top 4 protections on picks and poo poo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Has anyone looked into the possibility of a bastard Ainge child running for office in Indiana?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also fire Danny Ainge, this poo poo is rediculous.

Let's cut his head off

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Who's the League source?

I mean poo poo, it's probably Ainge leaking this poo poo to make himself look good.

Lol you people don't know what you want do you, either nothing gets said and Danny didn't offer anything or someone says something and it's Danny leaking it himself right

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Metapod posted:

THE WEST IS IN A FULL WAR THERE ARE NO FRIENDLY CONVERSATIONS

fine, have it your way

we will unleash flop upon flop until you can no longer handle it anymore

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Yeah, it could have been for Boston's 2018 and 2020 pick which will likely suck along with the Clippers future pick which is lottery protected.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I know kanter isn't valuable but the fact his contract wasn't used is blowing my mind

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/880975195477069824

Add Embiid to this of course.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Trading picks to rent Paul George would be stupid as hell. If he was willing to sign an extension, sure. As is,it's incredibly short sighted and CBM is right.

The Fultz thing was dumb tho, imo and the constant leaks etc are annoying as hell. He's still a good GM and if we didn't have gamer morey I would be very jealous

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Dexo posted:

Danny "Protected 1-31"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

for Sam Presti's next trick, he'll unload Enes Kanter on someone

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol you people don't know what you want do you, either nothing gets said and Danny didn't offer anything or someone says something and it's Danny leaking it himself right

The Celtics are literally the leakiest ship in the entire fleet and have been for years. You know this. It's not an accident

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Honestly if Simon is finally ready for a full rebuild, I'm okay with no picks because we'll be god awful for 3+ years. Maybe we can flip Thad Young for a back-end first and I'll get to see some fun Lance bullshit.

gently caress Victor Oladipo though.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Indiana's GM is the one who should be fired before Danny Ainge

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Pacers are trying to maintain fan interest with PG13 leaving
so they traded for a former Indiana U player, and a white guy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Time posted:

Trading picks to rent Paul George would be stupid as hell. If he was willing to sign an extension, sure. As is,it's incredibly short sighted and CBM is right.

The Fultz thing was dumb tho, imo and the constant leaks etc are annoying as hell. He's still a good GM and if we didn't have gamer morey I would be very jealous

Yeah Fultz thing was stupid and I wanted him very badly. Oh well

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

George has gone from living in Fresno to Indiana to OKC. LA is going to be pretty nice.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i was not prepared for this amount of excitement until later, hosed up nba.

i hope houston signs a guy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh wow all these leaks about bostons offers all of a sudden huh

Definitely not an modus operendi

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Celtics are literally the leakiest ship in the entire fleet and have been for years. You know this. It's not an accident

Fair enough

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Holy hell the Eastern Conference is even more of a loving wasteland now, I guess if Boston picks up Hayward there will be 2 fairly OK teams, but beyond Cleveland Boston & the Wizards that half of the league is looking pretty dire

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eltoasto posted:

Add Embiid to this of course.

Oh man if Embiid stays healthy (I know, I know, I KNOW) that team legit might make the loving ECF.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

GobiasIndustries posted:

Holy hell the Eastern Conference is even more of a loving wasteland now, I guess if Boston picks up Hayward there will be 2 fairly OK teams, but beyond Cleveland Boston & the Wizards that half of the league is looking pretty dire

The Hayward thing is in danger imo, maybe they sell him on the fact that the east is way more wide open now though. We'll find out Monday most likely

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Right now I bet he'll re-sign with Utah.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bulls making the playoffs lmao

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The zogo prediction game for eastern all stars is going to be really funny this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

shirts and skins posted:

Oh man if Embiid stays healthy (I know, I know, I KNOW) that team legit might make the loving ECF.

The sixers aren't making the ECF next year no matter who stays healthy

• Locked thread