Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapefist
Feb 11, 2007

*Beep Boop*
I AM a robot
*Beep Boop*

Micromancer posted:

Game is in a good place right now. We're flush with content and income in Delve, war is on the horizon so that's going to be cool. Triglavian poo poo is fun to use. Sub up and get those rewards. Shitpost in Elysium and you'll get a bunch more info on other things too.

War is on the horizon? Care to elaborate or will I found out when I get moved from vacationers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
at a more systemic level, the npc interaction in this game is so poo poo it encourages people to program it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Loky11 posted:

at a more systemic level, the npc interaction in this game is so poo poo it encourages people to program it.

it's stuff that was hacked together as a minimum viable product sixteen years ago and barely updated since

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Grapefist posted:

War is on the horizon? Care to elaborate or will I found out when I get moved from vacationers?

I'm just a line member with no real info other than I attend firesides and listen to people who have to go to space meetings say things like "You really want to train FAXes right now." and "Start saving money, get some liquid and hold it."

It's part of why I'm on a big push to get my stupid loan completed 2 months early.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Wibla posted:

No poo poo. Its pissing me off.

He can gently caress right off back to the inbred Icelandic village he came from as far as I'm concerned.

CCP: 99% of our players quit unless we get them hooked up with other player groups because that is the solitary thing about our game that is good

Also CCP: Sure, let's entertain the idea of punishing people who make player groups work by holding them responsible for others' behavior

Grapefist posted:

We're doing long-distance war against NC & PL renters.

Which might be why reddit has gotten stirred up about all the botters in <list of alliances that are not NCPL renters>

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Micromancer posted:

I'm just a line member with no real info other than I attend firesides and listen to people who have to go to space meetings say things like "You really want to train FAXes right now." and "Start saving money, get some liquid and hold it."

It's part of why I'm on a big push to get my stupid loan completed 2 months early.

loans can get you Nolak'd

:dagger:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Loky11 posted:

They can, but as 100% of my income comes from ice and injector sales, no more so than anyone else. It's not my fault CCP decided to give away 1.25m SP to anyone that bothers logging in for 16 days in a row. This event is going to singlehandedly finance around a third of my Dagon.

Grapefist
Feb 11, 2007

*Beep Boop*
I AM a robot
*Beep Boop*

Micromancer posted:

They can, but as 100% of my income comes from ice and injector sales, no more so than anyone else. It's not my fault CCP decided to give away 1.25m SP to anyone that bothers logging in for 16 days in a row. This event is going to singlehandedly finance around a third of my Dagon.

I randomly got the urge to login, after years of not playing, 1 day too late for the 1m SP :saddowns:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Grapefist posted:

I randomly got the urge to login, after years of not playing, 1 day too late for the 1m SP :saddowns:

send in a petition along the lines of "I heard about the event and came back for it, but was one day too late. can you help me out?"

they bend over backwards for that stuff, especially if you paid money

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

Loky11 posted:

HA! That's funny! That dude was crying all sorts of tears on twitter.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Klyith posted:

Also CCP: Sure, let's entertain the idea of punishing people who make player groups work by holding them responsible for others' behavior

I get what you are saying in regards to botting, but I think there is room for holding alliances responsible for some of their player’s behavior.

For example, if an alliance’s leadership orders others to hack other player’s accounts, or conduct DDS attacks, or purposefully cheat on a large scale, then yes... absolutely hold them accountable.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

I get what you are saying in regards to botting, but I think there is room for holding alliances responsible for some of their player’s behavior.

For example, if an alliance’s leadership orders others to hack other player’s accounts, or conduct DDS attacks, or purposefully cheat on a large scale, then yes... absolutely hold them accountable.

what.

That isn't what holding people responsible for other people's actions means.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ZombieLenin posted:

in that case you would be holding an alliance's leadership responsible for that alliance leadership's action: telling other people to do illegal stuff or cheat in game. telling people to do it is an action.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Man, what a great day. Truly, it is the essential Eve experience to be satisfied by a graph.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Man, what a great day. Truly, it is the essential Eve experience to be satisfied by a graph.

I want to make fun of you for this, but you're goddamn right.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I guess it's time for summer war :black101: :frogsiren:

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Wibla posted:

I guess it's time for summer war :black101: :frogsiren:

Post your source

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Post your source

Mittani hurf pinged it about half an hour ago. We get more details on Saturday.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I will never tire of the Pikachu Army Hell March War Announcement

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

CainFortea posted:

what.

That isn't what holding people responsible for other people's actions means.

Please. It totally is. Thats like saying Charles Manson’s murder conviction wasn’t about holding Charles Manson responsible for the actions of his family.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ergo, we can conclude that running a bot for a video game is equivalent to killing nine people while having a face swastika

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

Please. It totally is. Thats like saying Charles Manson’s murder conviction wasn’t about holding Charles Manson responsible for the actions of his family.

Okay but you're not holding Charles Mansion responsible for The Cleveland Torso Murderer.

NavyBlue
Dec 22, 2013

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Rutibex posted:

Carriers are cheap as dirt in 1DQ. If you can sell your Archon in low sec you can buy a Thanatos or Nidhogger in 1DQ and end up with a couple hundred million isk in the process.

whats the risk factor in flipping capitals between null and low?
will i get in trouble for exhausting the goon capital supply to make a quick buck?
am i a moron?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

NavyBlue posted:

will i get in trouble for exhausting the goon capital supply to make a quick buck?
am i a moron?

Exporting capitals is not wise. Especially dreads.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NavyBlue posted:

am i a moron?

I'm pretty sure exporting super carriers and titans is forbidden and will get you kicked from the alliance. I don't know about regular capitals. You might be able to make a buck or two exporting Nidhoggurs, they go for like 750-800m isk in 1dq but in low sec can sell for 1,200m+ isk. But that's assuming you can find a buyer in the rear end end of nowhere.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

ergo, we can conclude that running a bot for a video game is equivalent to killing nine people while having a face swastika

https://zkillboard.com/related/30002914/201905100100/

snuff doing our part to stop the menace

some of them will auto accept fleet invites if the botter forgets to turn off that swanky feature

Lots Of Pain
Apr 22, 2019

ZombieLenin posted:

I get what you are saying in regards to botting, but I think there is room for holding alliances responsible for some of their player’s behaviour.

You are so right CCP does need to hold alliance leadership responsible for botting in their alliance. But only if they openly promote it. There was some threads on Reddit about alliances and corps where advertising botting and giving suggest fits and links to the bot programs. In this case the alliance/corp needs to be banned.

Now I have played Eve since 2010 but I am not in GoonWaffe so I don't know what your stance on botting is, but I get the impression that is negative

But for CCP to start holding alliance leadership responsible for botting that goes on that they know nothing about. Its impossible to know what every member is up to. Is just wrong.

If CCP wants to down that road all I can see ahead is trouble....

NavyBlue
Dec 22, 2013

Guess where this lollipop's going?
tossing an idea out because i want to know if its good or not:
rare HS sigs that dont need to be scanned, drop stupidly good loot, but concord will not save you when you are in one. shooting someone in a sig gets you a suspect timer and killing someone generates kill rights. Preferably they would be designed in a way that could be run by a single player but would still take a long time to run, maybe by delaying spawn waves. Players would not get a quick in and out on the loot even if they bring a fleet so they will have to defend the location so that others do not steal the site from them.

in short this would create more pvp content, i think in the longer run solo players would realize that they need to be in a group to do well, so this would push them into joining an active corp. the player retention rate of players that play solo is way lower than players that join groups, so this would be good for the game.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ZombieLenin posted:

you're retarded shut up

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Came home from work to find the best Directorbot backlog in the last 6 months. Super stoked for the Fireside this Sat.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Last time there was a war I wasn't into trading so I'm not entirely sure about something. Will I get in trouble profiting off of super cap modules during a war time? Concord Plates, Syndicate Damage Controls that sort of thing?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Exporting capitals is not wise. Especially dreads.

Not to mention if you are in goons and get caught doing it, things won’t end well for you.

Rutibex posted:

I'm pretty sure exporting super carriers and titans is forbidden and will get you kicked from the alliance. I don't know about regular capitals. You might be able to make a buck or two exporting Nidhoggurs, they go for like 750-800m isk in 1dq but in low sec can sell for 1,200m+ isk. But that's assuming you can find a buyer in the rear end end of nowhere.

Pretty sure it is against the rules too, not that you couldn’t get away with selling something you originally bought in Delve in low-sec now and then, but that is wayyyy different than purposefully exporting.

And you are correct I think, to sell the carriers with any speed, or to sell the dreads to someone who isn’t planning on turning them around and using them on goons in Delve, you are going to have to move them annoyingly far—even with JC5.

So to really make money you would need multiple cap pilots to circumvent jump fatigue.

Edit

I have to say, as awesome as Delve is, its pretty lovely for importing or exporting anything. For example, I have a jump freighter alt and its so loving annoying trying to use her to move poo poo to and from Delve, I basically always use ITL.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 10, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

Last time there was a war I wasn't into trading so I'm not entirely sure about something. Will I get in trouble profiting off of super cap modules during a war time? Concord Plates, Syndicate Damage Controls that sort of thing?

The only things we really care about are bulk ore sales specifically to hostiles (exporting to Jita for general sale is OK, but please try to find a delve buyer first,) and capital + supercapital hulls. Everything else is fine.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rutibex posted:

You're both allowed and encouraged to import war supplies and sell at a markup. The only thing that will get you in trouble is if you clear our market or our staging market of key items and relist them (e.g. just buying all the concord plates on the 1dq market and relisting at twice the price).

If you import stuff and list it at hilarious prices the way that gets dealt with is generally someone else undercuts you at a reasonable price just looking to make money, or the alliance (or aryth or I) start doing it if the private importers don't act quick enough.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

holy moly are there some names on here i have not heard in a long time

hell yeah ultima ratio

Grapefist
Feb 11, 2007

*Beep Boop*
I AM a robot
*Beep Boop*

I'm surprised we aren't on there just given our size and age.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm not. Besides a few loud examples, botting isn't as prevalent in our alliance as people like to think it is.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CainFortea posted:

I'm not. Besides a few loud examples, botting isn't as prevalent in our alliance as people like to think it is.

yeah but we're so big i would have expected us to make it on that list because that list is based on absolute number of botters banned, i.e. the bigger your alliance is the less percentage of your alliance needs to get caught botting to make the list

not being on that list even given our size and age means we're clean as all loving hell

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

evilweasel posted:

yeah but we're so big i would have expected us to make it on that list because that list is based on absolute number of botters banned, i.e. the bigger your alliance is the less percentage of your alliance needs to get caught botting to make the list

not being on that list even given our size and age means we're clean as all loving hell

:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

My favorite rebuttal for this point is something along the lines of "goons are actually botting A LOT but they aren't getting caught." This them saying that we're somehow drastically more competent at, well, anything, compared to the rest of the game.