Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The hitch cover is the least bad part, and I include the truck itself in that evaluation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Needs one of these to make it complete

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
That's certainly a truck in Arizona.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Godholio posted:

Mainly because the hood is drat near at the driver's eye level. I can't believe that poo poo passes pedestrian safety laws.

Yeah, uh, insane lifted CHUD trucks are not renowned for meeting safety requirements... HTH

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Looks like this dudes truck

https://youtu.be/HszcVuNiGew

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What kinda loving drill for a runaway gun is that?
We were always taught to break the belt, don't touch the charging handle.

But yeah the loving trigger module falling off is a hefty no thank you from me.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Stravag posted:

Needs one of these to make it complete

https://youtu.be/szwoqnTzjes

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Someone should register/change their name to TruckNutz69

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I would like to share with you some photos I've taken of the locals in AZ

The best customization of a veteran license plate

No stranger to this joke

Seen this one a few times, and I love that it made it through the DMV's system.

Can't find the photo, but there's a dude who drives a green Fiat 500 with vanity plate TOR2GA and a giant decal across the back window reading AR15ONA and several other bumper stickers in Spanish supporting Latinx causes. Gun people are often so cringey, but I like that guy's style.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Yeah, uh, insane lifted CHUD trucks are not renowned for meeting safety requirements... HTH

I'm talking about the physical shape of the new Chevy/GMC trucks, regardless of suspension.

This is a factory-height 1500. Front end visibility is atrocious.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

MA-Horus posted:

What kinda loving drill for a runaway gun is that?
We were always taught to break the belt, don't touch the charging handle.

But yeah the loving trigger module falling off is a hefty no thank you from me.

As noted, they have the trigger group pins removed already, and did this on purpose. The charging handle pull is to free the trigger group.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Godholio posted:

I'm talking about the physical shape of the new Chevy/GMC trucks, regardless of suspension.

One of the current trends with idiots and trucks is to lower the rear suspension while keeping the front where it was or raising it a little. This makes it look like a Baja truck and like it's going faster. But it manages to make the drivers view even loving worse.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Thomamelas posted:

One of the current trends with idiots and trucks is to lower the rear suspension while keeping the front where it was or raising it a little. This makes it look like a Baja truck and like it's going faster. But it manages to make the drivers view even loving worse.

Bulldogging is like a decade old by this point

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
People have been doing Carolina squat poo poo for at least 20 years now.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, trucks have been doing the Georgia Gusto for a long rear end time.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
"My truck can only ever get single-digit gas mileage, look how badass I am :smuggo:"

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Thomamelas posted:

This makes it look like a Baja truck and like it's going faster.

This is some poo poo someone made up to make some kind of sense of it.

Baja trucks look like this:

Not this:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Yea, trucks have been doing the Georgia Gusto for a long rear end time.

Is that like the Cleveland Steamer?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MrUnderbridge posted:

Is that like the Cleveland Steamer?

Sort of, but with more torque.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A bill to ban it has passed the NC House and is waiting to hit their Senate.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't know about you guys but I absolutely love bouncing off the rear stops when accelerating and I sure to love the heady rush of the front end washing out wildly whenever under moderate braking.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I imagine all that dumb poo poo does wonders for the mileage, tire wear, all kinds of fun stuff like that.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

CMD598 posted:

This is some poo poo someone made up to make some kind of sense of it.

Baja trucks look like this:

Not this:

I mean they do kinda squat down on their rear suspension when accelerating, but picture above is an incredibly sad approximation of the real thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jqhUIcaWuw&t=173s

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I hate seeing those dumb rear end trucks around my area. Besides the fact they are almost exclusively driven by upper middle class white kids who don't work on the family orchard (that's for illegals to them). Almost none of them have the proficiency to be driving the loving thing; we have some idiot wreck a few times a week.

They also irritate me because they pretend they are farmers, and rock that farmer chic, but don't do poo poo.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 18, 2022

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Three of my uncle's and one of my aunt's husband's were all farmers, mostly dairy farmers and one raised beef cattle.

Every one of them drove a 90' Toyota Tacoma or a Mazda 6 lol

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

They wouldn't call it a levelling kit if it made the truck unlevel

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The landed gentry, idle rich then

and now

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I wonder what's killed more rich people, a horse seeing a leaf getting scared and tossing the rider or one of these super stupid trucks.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

US Berder Patrol posted:

when somebody is talking to me irl about farmers, I ask them to distinguish between "farmowner" and "farm laborer" because I grew up around that exact same vibe you're talking about

I work with some of those types and they put up all of this pro-farmer bs* and claim that no-one else works as hard as them while they sit around supervising or napping where they think they can't be seen.

*"Real work is measured in acres not hours"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stravag posted:

I wonder what's killed more rich people, a horse seeing a leaf getting scared and tossing the rider or one of these super stupid trucks.

Horses have had longer to work on it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Stravag posted:

There's a story a goon in here I believe had about a horse seeing a bunch of ants and dying of fright.

Might have been 50FA, they had the best stories.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Godholio posted:

This is just stupid.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

at least there is something in the bed

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Defenestrategy posted:

There's a story a goon in here I believe had about a horse seeing a bunch of ants and dying of fright.

Might have been 50FA, they had the best stories.

that was a ruddha joke in an old feminism thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599972&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post426646421

poor ol' freckles

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Found out I don't have any health or dental insurance because I failed to opt-in during the first month of my employment. No one told me and I never asked so I guess im just thankful that I never got sick during the pandemic

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Truck cargo status: fuckled

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP6epJWNi16/?utm_medium=copy_link

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Grip it and rip it posted:

Found out I don't have any health or dental insurance because I failed to opt-in during the first month of my employment. No one told me and I never asked so I guess im just thankful that I never got sick during the pandemic

Pretty sure that’s illegal to not give you the option or require some sort of action to opt out but lol at fighting it :capitalism:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Pretty sure that’s illegal to not give you the option or require some sort of action to opt out but lol at fighting it :capitalism:

It's getting fixed next month but it.was definitely a stupid oversight on my part. Shouldn't have made.any assumptions about my benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Grip it and rip it posted:

It's getting fixed next month but it.was definitely a stupid oversight on my part. Shouldn't have made.any assumptions about my benefits.

Yes, buf I really hate HR departments that play these rat gently caress games.