Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
This is my mental reaction every time I hear that stupid song

https://twitter.com/rodimusprime/status/1079479484456333315?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Power of Pecota posted:

I agree, but out of curiosity who do you have pegged as the 3rd/2nd best option? Gillibrand?

Yeah, she's generally had a good voting record, and apparently actually has ethics or could read the tea leaves with Franken, although doing that is likely to burn her more then anything else. Dems love their own sexual predators.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Gillibrand hates Gay people and loves Syrian dictators.

Edit: oh gently caress I totally confused her for Tulsi Gabbard. poo poo I’m dumb.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 31, 2018

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The problem is, every establishment democrat was completely unwilling to fight for/actively hated gay people until 2010 and all love our current allies currently actively genociding Yemen, running an apartheid state in Israel and our friendly dictator in Turkey.

American foreign policy is a complete nightmare.

and haha whoops, I conflated them as well in foreign policy. Yeah, Gabbard is the one from Hawaii

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Gilly is good because she spent the 90s investigating the supernatural for the fbi

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I heard a pretty convincing argument that Louis CK is just gonna rebrand as a chud comic

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Kamala Harris and Beto O'Rourke are the only names that get floated that are younger, both of which will get annihilated by the left wing unless they pivot pretty hard. Harris might be able to, she worked on legislation to end cash bail.

i'm already seeing constructive criticism on beto from the left creating a gently caress you and die ruckus

nobody is gonna survive this primary unblemished

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Gillibrand has always struck me as a political wind vane but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If she can actually understand what the base wants(healthcare, taxes on the rich, racial equity, etc.) and does those things to motivate voters and win elections I could care less about her motivations. Plus she's besties with Tami Taylor so she can't be all bad.

That said she is a NY Democrat with all the wallstreet interconnection that comes with. I'm probably all in on Warren until somebody else actually convinces me they give a poo poo about working class people and restructuring our economy from the ground up.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think all of the candidates are going to push left as the primary goes on anyway, the key is getting someone who won’t immediately fold on that stuff if they win

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I heard a pretty convincing argument that Louis CK is just gonna rebrand as a chud comic

Argument? It's literally happening.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He already was the comic for 20-something white guys, but now he can just drop all the cleanup stuff he did to have his TV show and just go onto whining about SJW's full time I guess.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
To be fair, the twitter left wing is going to murder everyone except maybe AOC and she can't run.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a hahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/danieldalexis/status/1079489698266075141?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

a hahahahahaha

That's going on God's and 1 mixtape.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

seiferguy posted:

Argument? It's literally happening.

I mean more that this is not him breaking down or getting angry or anything, its a deliberate and calculated career shift

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Kalli posted:

That's going on God's and 1 mixtape.

:golfclap:

Thaddius the Large posted:

Tell all security, it's going down!
Dun dun dunnnnnn!!!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nothing like wathcing Louis CK do a heel turn like Scott Adams did.

Even better if you watch his old stand up talking about his daughters & knows he doesn't give a poo poo about them now.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Edit: oh gently caress I totally confused her for Tulsi Gabbard. poo poo I’m dumb.

If Gabbard ran I'd still take her over Biden/Harris/Booker/Beto.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

No jury on Earth should convict this man.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonna be out tonight so,

https://twitter.com/uespiiiiii/status/1079757873477910528

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/waltdwilliams/status/1079363788854439936

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I have reservations at a nice little seasonal place for dinner tonight. Then I’m heading over to a house party to meet up with some friends. I’ve got a fancy bottle of champagne, my last bottle of 2013 Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus, and I just rolled 3 joints. It’s gonna be a good night.

What are your plans for ringing in the new year?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah the game industry is so scummy it's amazing they have any labor at all, but never underestimate nerd thirst

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's how you know the NYE party you're going to is not what people want to do: when they say they want to pregame at your house and then after midnight come back to your house.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

very stable genius posted:

I have reservations at a nice little seasonal place for dinner tonight. Then I’m heading over to a house party to meet up with some friends. I’ve got a fancy bottle of champagne, my last bottle of 2013 Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus, and I just rolled 3 joints. It’s gonna be a good night.

Gator Bowl on TV and a jigsaw puzzle

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

burrito and trader joes champagne

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Having some friends over to nosh then some of them are going to a club and I'm probably going to another friend's house to nosh some more.

Maybe we'll play boardgames or something.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yo! Sellers accepted our offer and we got a rate of 4.6% locked in. This poo poo rules.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Having a handful of friends over to drink way too much and eat a bunch of delicious food

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chilling at home since I'm getting up early for the Fiesta Bowl tomorrow. First bowl game!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Dinner at a friend's, then home for whiskey and a special cookie. Going to pick up a new soundbar on the way home, so we'll probably break it in with some Tetris Effect.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/1079566654055596032
I'm glad Paul F Tompkins didn't become a chud or broke brain resistance guy like Michael Ian Black after the 2016 election

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wow paul. would you like it if someone leaked audio of you working out and then someone said hilarious things about it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

‘And can you believe that these people are saying “hey, please don’t refer to us as n*****s”? Like really? Well alright fella we can be reasonable, we’ll make sure that the placard we put on your corpse reads “African Americans Get Out!’ - Louis CK, 1959

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Cavauro posted:

wow paul. would you like it if someone leaked audio of you working out and then someone said hilarious things about it

How much workshopping do you feel is necessary before Louis can make something funny out of that bit there?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I like to believe Paul F. Tompkins is basically Mr. Peanutbutter irl.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I need ideas for a good dinner to make tonight. Don't feel like going out since we're under a wind chill weather advisory.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How much workshopping do you feel is necessary before Louis can make something funny out of that bit there?

that's not for me to know or you to find out

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Cavauro posted:

that's not for me to know or you to find out

Fair, this stuff only is really regressive and lovely to say in public, in the private sanctum of a comedy club it’s perfectly fine, lord forbid we break the sacred compact between comic and attendees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pft has a joke about not being able to drive. that's the whole joke. but it started out as not being able to gently caress or use the bathroom, that's reality, and i was there that night. i've never told anyone because you don't do that