Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

quote:

One was spelled Tori, at least.

True, but that doesn't help when its said out loud.
Two Stacy's as well, although one got called the Kat more often than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Two Ultimate Warriors, as well, when the first one died

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Two Ultimate Warriors, as well, when the first one died

My mom was convinced this was true for years.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Xerzes posted:

One was spelled Tori, at least.

Also, her name was Terri, but they had a Terri. I guess Jacqueline and Miss Jackie would have had some overlap too, right?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I had a neighbor who smugly told me over and over again that the original Kane died and another guy took his place

This was two years ago

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

remusclaw posted:

My mom was convinced this was true for years.

I had to convince my boss this was untrue in 2013

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

That DICK! posted:

I had a neighbor who smugly told me over and over again that the original Kane died and another guy took his place

This was two years ago

The original Kane was horribly burned and scarred from the fire. The current Kane can be a corporate stooge without a mask.

Checks out.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The original Kane was horribly burned and scarred from the fire. The current Kane can be a corporate stooge without a mask.

Checks out.

The fire was psychological!!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He had a voice box and a glass eye too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Aren't those rumors around for most masked/face painted wrestlers? I remember people thinking Sting was "played" by different people in different parts of his career as well. People even thought Undertaker wasn't the same as the original one, although that could have been caused by the fake taker.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IIRC there was a rumor that Warrior died and was replaced by Kerry Von Erich.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I still haven't seen conclusive proof that Warrior and Kerry Von Erich weren't the same person

Stupid. Loved Drugs. Tassels.

I guess Warrior had two functional legs and feet? That might be the proof we need

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

it was very confusing when Eva Marie first started because Eve's real name is Eve Marie Torres, but then Eve quit

Man sometimes when somebody in the back is having a rib it just gets taken too far.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I guess Warrior had two functional legs and feet? That might be the proof we need

Could be a false flag

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Alain Post posted:

IIRC there was a rumor that Warrior died and was replaced by Kerry Von Erich.

The details of the rumors varied. In my school, people said he just quit and got replaced.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

when the warrior got locked in that coffin the door got stuck and he died for real

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It is weird how universal that rumor was in grade schools across the country in pre internet days. A couple kids at my school were positive he died of a "steroid overdose" and was replaced by a different guy.

I wonder how exactly that rumor got started?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

The details of the rumors varied. In my school, people said he just quit and got replaced.

Version I always heard was a car crash killed the original

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The real warrior is under the truck by the SS Anne and you have to use strength to get him out

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

That DICK! posted:

This was two years ago

I had a coworker that swore the original Kane was replaced and was now Abyss of all people.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Thanks to WarGames, Sid has a 5-star match.

2 with the 1992 Royal Rumble.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i thought dave gave that like three stars

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I still haven't seen conclusive proof that Warrior and Kerry Von Erich weren't the same person

Stupid. Loved Drugs. Tassels.

They were on the same team in Survivor Series '90.

Thauros posted:

It is weird how universal that rumor was in grade schools across the country in pre internet days. A couple kids at my school were positive he died of a "steroid overdose" and was replaced by a different guy.

I wonder how exactly that rumor got started?

The hatchet job DVD suggested it was because he looked so different at Wrestlemania 8.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gavok posted:

They were on the same team in Survivor Series '90.

The hatchet job DVD suggested it was because he looked so different at Wrestlemania 8.

The rumor got started because this kid I knew had an uncle who worked for the WWF and he was backstage when the Macho Man Randy Savage killed the Ultimate Warrior.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Defiance Industries posted:

The rumor got started because this kid I knew had an uncle who worked for the WWF and he was backstage when the Macho Man Randy Savage killed the Ultimate Warrior.

Yeah, right. Savage spammed his elbow drop on Warrior again and again and it didn't do poo poo!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Gavok posted:

I assume this is because the steroid trial made him have to cut back on the juice.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Haha, holy poo poo, I'm sorry. I watch so little of the main roster, I had no idea they had an Eve and an Eva.

Wasn't this the same company that demanded Shane Helms go by Gregory because Shane McMahon exists?

There was a rumor that Heath Slater had to stop calling himself the One Man Rock Band because fans would hear the word 'rock' and think Dwayne was coming out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

There was a rumor that Heath Slater had to stop calling himself the One Man Rock Band because fans would hear the word 'rock' and think Dwayne was coming out.

They never explained it to Naylor or Enzo, but Rob Naylor told a story on his twitter about when Enzo Amore got his deal, he was instructed by Bill Demott to come up with a name that did NOT have the initials E A in them. Enzo went home and drafted a list of 24 names that all had them (including Esteban Apples), and the 25th name was Canyon Cemen.

They also told Naylor to not wear v-neck sweaters after he spent a bunch on them when he started appearing on TV because they were worried he'd be confused with David Otunga. Google Rob Naylor, then mentally picture Otunga.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 30, 2016

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Was just having a talk with a pal about this: Whats the best squash match of all time?

This is an old post, but it's definitely Jake the snake VS sd jones wm 2

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Snacksmaniac posted:

Could be a false flag

i want to hear alex jones go on one of his screaming hysterical rants about kerry von erich replacing the ultimate warrior

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rusty Shackelford posted:

2 with the 1992 Royal Rumble.

Alain Post posted:

i thought dave gave that like three stars

3 3/4. Maybe he wasn't a fan of the finish.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Version I always heard was a car crash killed the original

Thats the Paul McCartney theory.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Platypus Farm posted:

This is an old post, but it's definitely Jake the snake VS sd jones wm 2

You're getting your early Wrestlemania black guy squashes mixed up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Corzaa posted:

Thats the Paul McCartney theory.

People who make poo poo up are lazy, friend.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They also told Naylor to not wear v-neck sweaters after he spent a bunch on them when he started appearing on TV because they were worried he'd be confused with David Otunga. Google Rob Naylor, then mentally picture Otunga.

So that's why I keep getting David Otunga confused with Pete Gas.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Gavok posted:

You're getting your early Wrestlemania black guy squashes mixed up.

Oh poo poo you're right. King Kong Bundy squashed SD jones and Jake squashed George Wells and then made him throw up foam lol

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

So that's why I keep getting David Otunga confused with Pete Gas.

Well, that and Pete Gas is the 2nd blackest man alive, next to Super Dragon.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I wasn't watching at the time, but what was the reaction to Warrior cutting the promo about living forever and literally dying less than 24 hours later?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

I wasn't watching at the time, but what was the reaction to Warrior cutting the promo about living forever and literally dying less than 24 hours later?

someone here complained that warrior dying was stealing bryan's thunder coming out of wrestlemania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Platypus Farm posted:

Oh poo poo you're right. King Kong Bundy squashed SD jones and Jake squashed George Wells and then made him throw up foam lol

I just watched that and George was on offense for 90% of the match. Not really a squash, more putting over the DDT as instadeath.