Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Google Butt posted:

can someone post a classic b'tak effort post with that retarded formatting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i want to die

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Has anyone mentioned the post from Lando in the VIP forum about making poor decisions with money? I think it was in relation to buying back ships for Star Citizen fun money or some poo poo. I saw a true believer lose hope for a second over that. But only a second.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

No Mods No Masters posted:

The true pleasure of this thread is the slow random degeneration of chris roberts's name.

chris roberts -> croberts -> crobber -> crobbler -> crobo -> crebis -> etc.

Every time I think of the Crobbler I think of the Hamburglar. That's why he's The Crobbler and not just Crobbler. It's a title and a job.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

sarsapiller make yourself useful and screenshot stuff from the vip forum for us

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Google Butt posted:

yeah and ask lesnick what the next major feature we can expect to see in the game is

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Gotta say, when I first started following this library full of laughs of a thread, Saspariller was the one giving out detailed trip reports of that piece of poo poo PTR with one objective in mind, "complete a mission".

Rag him all you want over his poor life choice decisions, like, say, putting down the equivalent of four to five months comfortable (not desperate) apartment pay to a now questionable company, but him, like many others who see the light, see that the false chris roprophet wants to take all your money so that eventually when the FBI gains a lead on them, him and all the other fat fucks drink the punch like it's jonestown all over again

EDIT: I am so backing up saspariller, I don't care if he still has that stupid rear end pony avatar. That's how much i care

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 11, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Unfunny Poster posted:

Make beanies, auction them off, and donate the money to a charity that would drive the Citizens insane. That'd be a pretty funny thing to do since they outright refuse to support charities or some dumb poo poo each time it's brought up.

One of the CCP devs knitted a few with various EVE pirate faction logos on it, like the one below, and CCP auctioned it off for PLEX (in-game GTC) during the PLEX For Good charity drive they did. Each PLEX was worth 1 billion ISK in-game, which is ~$15 to $20 and CCP matched each one for IRL donation to the Icelandic Red Cross. If I remember correctly, the auction reached over $1k USD and went to the Typhoon Haiyan relief effort.

This but beanie babies

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Gilganixon posted:

have a stimpire painsoldier

i went with pink because i'm sick of seeing grey poo poo everywhere and also because it makes them more of an eyesore

get it?

sorry for lack of fidelity, had to get this one out fast.

Perfect!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

No Mods No Masters posted:

The true pleasure of this thread is the slow random degeneration of chris roberts's name.

chris roberts -> croberts -> crobber -> crobbler -> crobo -> crebis -> etc.

Every time I see a goon complain about how shitizens misspell Dereks name I roll my eyes so hard.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

BeefThief posted:

yeah and ask lesnick what the next major feature we can expect to see in the game is

Its obviously Disco's goatse again.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Google Butt posted:

You can see the quote here, nothing special

http://partedveil.com/index.php?p=1&quote=6326189

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sandweed posted:

Every time I see a goon complain about how shitizens misspell Dereks name I roll my eyes so hard.

More than anything it reminds me of the way Obama's name slowly degenerated on sites like Freep into Odingo and stuff like that. However, I have to admit I think it's funny when it happens to Crangus because he's a scam man

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Chocobo posted:

Who needs meds? I just took out a second mortgage on my disabled parents house and invested the money into something of real value.

lol stop it trolling, or maybe this is real, i dont know anymore im loving broken ok

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

huh

that was easy

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Slightly related, considering the game's fanbase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWeBunPiIzo

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
trying to insult people, especially politicians who seem to cop a lot of this, by changing their name is just so stupid

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

shitizens are just knockoff goons and b'tak is their bitchmade version of Otterman

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"Is it planned to expand the ‘use’ prompt to more things.
Yes, there will be a lot of options based on the environment and certain prompts that will dictate how you are able to use an object in the environment. It will be rolled out, hopefully, in 2.3 or 2.4 with Item System 2.0."
Was that a joke article?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

SelenicMartian posted:

Well, Magic Carpet's engine is loving ridiculous with all the anti-aliasing, motion blur and water reflections they stuffed in there.
Sure, but it's nothing like the target render they'd shown, which had curved surfaces and per-pixel reflections and stuff like that.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

"Is it planned to expand the ‘use’ prompt to more things.
Yes, there will be a lot of options based on the environment and certain prompts that will dictate how you are able to use an object in the environment. It will be rolled out, hopefully, in 2.3 or 2.4 with Item System 2.0."
Was that a joke article?

No, all that article was doing was summing up a 10 for the chairman video from a week or two ago, the Croubler definitely went into depth on the issue in it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

starkebn posted:

trying to insult people, especially politicians who seem to cop a lot of this, by changing their name is just so stupid

On the other hand, the word Croberts is pretty funny.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Derek, now you've caught up with the thread, will you ever do the goon de yadda?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I especially like the air tube connected to colon

It's the Stimpire CPAP

every two seconds the farts (the worst kind of farts) double in intensity.eternators are murder on the bowels.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Every second the posts in this thread double.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol, this thread is amazing

Then why can't I just 'donate' say... $1000 and use all the ships below that amount and when the PU actually goes live I get to pick which ship(s) I want to keep???

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sandweed posted:

I just call him CRobber because it more accurately reflects what he is and what he's doing. Any silliness that ensues is entirely intentional. :haw:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i like the mall concourse skateboarder crew role tbqh

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Google Butt posted:

i want to die

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tony Hawk Space Skater 6 confirmed.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Rolling around at the speed of sound

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/456h02/ive_only_just_realised_how_desensitized_sc_has/

They are so close to seeing the irony in all of this and yet so far.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Oh my god I just saw the words Spiritual investment used to defend why SC charging hundreds is ok but MWO charging 14 per mech is not. Spiritually invested.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Yeeah like...PIGS man! Evil corporations! Down with thatcher!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Im concierge, and I've spent more on lotto tickets than I have on star citizen since the kickstarter :)

Yikes. :(

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

drat, Where's Wally has gone nsfw.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'd have expected more of us to make that joke but stuff flies by fast in this thread

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

depressing stuff!

people defendin themselves sayin they spent that much money because they believe in chris' vision, not to buy the ship.

that just makes you an even bigger idiot honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Cool now Star Citizens can grind something other than realdolls.

• Locked thread