Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

THE CHINESE RESTAURANTS ARE FULL OF JEWS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Santa's thinking of going green.

My favorite bit was when they pointed out just how hard Volmar was staring at the lever guy. That was some full-on staring.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Canned Panda posted:

THE CHINESE RESTAURANTS ARE FULL OF JEWS!
Oh god that line had me and everyone in my row dying from laughter :roflolmao:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reo posted:

Santa's thinking of going green.

My favorite bit was when they pointed out just how hard Volmar was staring at the lever guy. That was some full-on staring.

Something that bugged me about the movie is just how loving stupid Volmar is. He mistakes Droppo for Santa despite knowing BOTH of them. The whole thing would have made a lot more sense if Volmar wasn't involved in the kidnapping section and just left it to henchmen. But that probably would have involved hiring more actors which the movie very obviously didn't have the budget for.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this? posted:

Something that bugged me about the movie is just how loving stupid Volmar is. He mistakes Droppo for Santa despite knowing BOTH of them. The whole thing would have made a lot more sense if Volmar wasn't involved in the kidnapping section and just left it to henchmen. But that probably would have involved hiring more actors which the movie very obviously didn't have the budget for.

And how could he NOT see Dropo's head gear?

In case you were wondering, that's not Jamie Farr.

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!

Mister Kingdom posted:

That is one damned catchy tune.

Also: Diabeetus!

Here's the short in it's entirety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPo3CwEoxy0

gently caress that Jack-in-the-box.

That short felt long but I didn't think it was that long.

My favorite gag was when the Martians were zooming in on the city and Bill does a quiet "I'm walking OVER HERE!"

BloodDesk UnderHell fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 6, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something else that's kind of odd about the movie is after they get to Mars about half of the Martian cast just up and vanishes. The last scene with some of the other "Council" guys is when they discover that Droppo was tied up by Volmar. Considering how poorly fitted the Martian costumes were on Volmar's henchman this leads me to consider that the production crew couldn't actually afford more costumes and so they had to reuse ones for the new characters.

Also, for the short I have a feeling a producer was sleeping with the "Fairy Queen." Why else would they hire someone who could barely speak English?

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
Besides the riffs, my theater cracked up at how awkwardly absurd the movie got at times. Especially that light touching fight in the ship. I've never been part of such a large "da hell was that?" reaction.

Internet Alias fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 6, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Internet Alias posted:

Besides the riffs, my theater cracked up at how awkwardly absurd the movie got at times. Especially that light touching fight in the ship. I've never been part of such a large "da hell was that?" reaction.
My theater laughed really hard at the robot appearing at the North Pole from out of loving nowhere.

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
It was set off by their line, but everyone was dying from just watching Candy Lion in the background towards the end of the short.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Some people in my theater got a kick out of noticing the "Jupiter Time" clock in the back of the Martian control room.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just remembered another great line that my theater got a huge laugh out of:

"Mr. Anderson. Mr. Anderson!"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

NuclearPotato posted:

Some people in my theater got a kick out of noticing the "Jupiter Time" clock in the back of the Martian control room.

Portland appreciated the "hello, tiny hipsters", appropriately enough.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
"Young Scully and Mulder." had me cracking up.

And Winky was a stone cold thug.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't able to make it, will they do an encore?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I don't know what gag I liked best, but the references to Volmar being Martian Danial Plainview may have been my favorite.

Followed closely by the two guys arguing loudly before the movie started whether Spongebob or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic were overall better cartoons, after all Spongebob went downhill after two seasons and a movie but Friendship is Magic has had four strong seasons and :suicide:

The Jack-in-the-Box is even more terrifying now that we know he can leave his box. :stare:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

My theater laughed really hard at the robot appearing at the North Pole from out of loving nowhere.

That scene is so amazing because of how dramatic they tried to make it.
"Look Billy, Santa's Workshop! I can see the lights!"
"The lights...are moving..."
*cardboard robot awkwardly shuffles into view*

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Holy crap, that polar bear. And the fight scene at the end, I felt like I was tripping.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Finally watching Deathly Hallows Pt 1. God drat this movie is slow.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
1. New Batman short! Robin Rescues Batman!

2. Oh god, I think I actually found something worse than Birdemic. No seriously. The actors make Rod look like Johnny Depp. Rereedrumr, this goddamn thing needs to become a priority in the near future because oh my god...this is painful on a level that Manos only wishes it could achieve. "Hangin' Out With My Family" couldn't improve this piece of poo poo. I mean, if we could weaponize the sheer amount of suck in this movie, it could be used to conquer the world.

My friends....The Time Machine (That I Found at a Yard Sale).

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could Crispen Glover's student films get honorable mention as a movie as bad or worse than Birdemic?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This one is amazing because we finally meet Gabe.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Ensign_Ricky posted:

2. Oh god, I think I actually found something worse than Birdemic. No seriously. The actors make Rod look like Johnny Depp. Rereedrumr, this goddamn thing needs to become a priority in the near future because oh my god...this is painful on a level that Manos only wishes it could achieve. "Hangin' Out With My Family" couldn't improve this piece of poo poo. I mean, if we could weaponize the sheer amount of suck in this movie, it could be used to conquer the world.

:stare:

oh, this is just...it's a anti-movie, there's no other way to describe it. You cannot get any worse then this.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

BigDave posted:

:stare:

oh, this is just...it's a anti-movie, there's no other way to describe it. You cannot get any worse then this.

I believe it was made for 4 grand cheaper than Birdemic....

and it shows.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I think this movie killed me. It's barely a movie, in the sense it a story told through film.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Liar Lyre posted:

I think this movie killed me. It's barely a movie, in the sense it a story told through film.

Yeah, this one actually feels painful to sit through.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I sat through that whole thing waiting for the punchline. There was no punchline.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Olivia42 posted:

I sat through that whole thing waiting for the punchline. There was no punchline.

Nope. Just unmitigated pain.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This one is amazing because we finally meet Gabe.

I also love how Batman has magic smoke that can unburn photograph negatives. Also, the return of the tights in a filing cabinet.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
They're ba-aaaack!

quote:

The Doctor is in, and he’s less canonical than ever! Yes, Grand Moff Peter Cushing is back in this follow-up to fan favorite Dr. Who and the Daleks. Those cheerful, not-at-all-soul-crushingly-annoying Daleks have come to Earth, and they’ve brought along the longest, most ridiculous movie title in Rifftrax history. Luckily, the fate of the human race is safe in the hands of Dr. Who (an elderly human, not alien, no powers, possibly not even a doctor), his young granddaughter, and the menagerie of other people he’s chosen to recklessly endanger this time.

The Doc and his crew of allies/victims travel to 2150 AD for reasons that are, somehow, seriously, never explained. Once there, they find humanity dominated and subjugated by a race of heartless authoritarian overlords - so, y’know, a big bold departure for Doctor Who and sci-fi stories in general.

Will they save Earth? Will the title get any longer? Will our dashing hero get home in time for Matlock? Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill to find out in Dr. Who: Daleks etc. etc. so on and so forth AD!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I have a Doctor Who fan as a housemate now, so I guess I'll ask how the first one was. Might have to pick that up along with the Evil Kenvel one.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

IUG posted:

I have a Doctor Who fan as a housemate now, so I guess I'll ask how the first one was. Might have to pick that up along with the Evil Kenvel one.

You don't need to be a Doctor Who fan to get the Dr Who movies. They're completely different animals.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Dammit Rifftrax get gift cards working again so I can buy this.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I just started watching Ghosthouse.....

Holy poo poo this is great. Wasn't expecting the violence, so it made what happened to the old dude at the start that much better.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Canned Panda posted:

I just started watching Ghosthouse.....

Holy poo poo this is great. Wasn't expecting the violence, so it made what happened to the old dude at the start that much better.

But who was more popular, Kim Basinger or Kelly LeBrock?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rirse posted:

But who was more popular, Kim Basinger or Kelly LeBrock?

Who had more chili?

And that music....

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got this in an e-mail earlier today - Mike sits down with RiffTrax writers Sean Thomason and Conor Lastowka (our very own rereedrumr! :D ) to discuss one of their favorite VODs, Cool As Ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNg-thLkvTk

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would the RiffTrax people ever team up with the cast of How Did This Get Made?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RandomPauI posted:

Would the RiffTrax people ever team up with the cast of How Did This Get Made?
I sure would love to see a RiffTrax Live that had Paul, Jason and June Diane as guest stars. That would be like a perfect storm of movie-dissing :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HDTGM works a little blue-er than Rifftrax usually likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

HDTGM works a little blue-er than Rifftrax usually likes.

Yeah. I can't see a Rifftrax/HDTGM riff happening. I could easily see Bill or Kevin on HDTGM though. Probably Bill. What movie did he co-write? Hmmm.

Edit: "Meet Dave". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meet_Dave
Not sure if Bill would be into it but probably another movie.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 17, 2013

• Locked thread