Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Coffee And Pie posted:

A Bluetooth thingy so I don't have to keep my phone plugged in to the cassette adapter when I'm driving.

So this dongle takes a Bluetooth in (from the phone,) and then outputs it to that 1/8" stereo port, which you have your cassette adapter plugged into? Cool!

Man, that reminded me that a lot of cars made in the mid to late 2000's have lovely stereos for what is needed now. By then, 99% of cars lost the cassette player, but most also had yet to implement even an UX input, let alone Bluetooth. So you're boned when you want to listen to music/podcasts/whatever on your phone.

For several years, I suffered through having to try and get those drat FM transmitter things to work in both my personal car, AND the work car I drove hundreds of miles a week in. It never worked right, I'd get a signal for at best ten minutes until I started getting interference. I eventually bought a new stereo for my car because I was so sick of it. I no longer have that job, either, so now it's all good. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Scarf for our new NASL team!

A 24" 1337 gaming monitor!

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

rotaryfun posted:

I got a new bike... yaaaay

Yo dude, i'm not a motorbike person (i prefer the ones without engines) but thats a really nice looking bike! Congratulations :)

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Master and Margarita poster for the study:

Before you ask, it's from The Affair, which is a pretty cool site for t shirts and posters with designs based on works of literature. It took six weeks to be arrive from the UK, but the shipping wasn't egregious, and the print quality is fantastic.

I'll probably pick up one more of these from ikea:

I'm hopefully moving to a new apartment soon that is roughly 3 time the size of my current one, so I will be posting all kinds of stupid household poo poo in this thread.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

big mean giraffe posted:

Really depends how big the tree in question is, that saw wouldn't be nearly sufficient to run a 32" bar through a big tree unless you have all week.

We're talking about clearing trees from around the house, why do you need a 32" bar? 18" is enough.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Robawesome posted:

anywhere online? Would like to buy one of those for my girlfriend

As far as I can tell, no. I picked it up at a Peebles in my old hometown off the clearance rack. :shrug:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The Bus

Signed by the author!

With a postcard

That brings glad tidings

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Canvas (Not my picture, I got a 24x30 inch)

X-Acto knife

Cheap spray paint in black, white, gray, and red.

Gon make some art.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Blistex posted:

Get some classy furniture for your Gun-Barbie.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Man Whore posted:

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Jesus caries I knew that looked hell of familiar. :tipshat:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mister Kingdom posted:

The Bus

Signed by the author!

With a postcard

That brings glad tidings

Oh man, where did you get this? I loved reading these in Heavy Metal.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I was surprised enough that he's still alive and kicking, but this is too much! And to think people were excited about that Watterson interview.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

drat dude, I think your leopard is sick :(

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Oh man, where did you get this? I loved reading these in Heavy Metal.

Amazon. It was $35. Totally worth it.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Garage sales are awesome. Also got some clamps and a solid wood headboard, but these prints are definitely the highlight.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
I bought my first house

View from my backyard. Closet thing you can get to a decent view in the Dallas Metroplex.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

JEEVES420 posted:

I bought my first house

View from my backyard. Closet thing you can get to a decent view in the Dallas Metroplex.

Three Olives would disagree. Nice place though.

My condo has awesome ocean/mountain views for every unit except mine, which has a giant bush in front of it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Coredump posted:

We're talking about clearing trees from around the house, why do you need a 32" bar? 18" is enough.

Because we have 3'+ diameter trees here.

testifeye
Sep 24, 2004

maroon moon

twoday posted:

This is so awesome; Master and the Margarita is one of my favorite books. I will definitely be ordering it.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

leidend posted:

Three Olives would disagree. Nice place though.

My condo has awesome ocean/mountain views for every unit except mine, which has a giant bush in front of it.

his view is of section 8 housing and bums. Not to mention having to deal with downtown Dallas.

Go buy a saw and cut that bush down...or burn it. I have learned a view will drastically change the value of a place.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

JEEVES420 posted:

Go buy a saw and cut that bush down...or burn it. I have learned a view will drastically change the value of a place.

If I could do it without everyone knowing it was me I probably would. But people on the higher levels like those bushes so they don't have to look at the alley.

And yeah my place was super cheap (for the area) because of the lack of view/natural light.

Here's my would-be view from higher up without obstructions. The one in front of me is like that green one in the bottom right.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Got a Norco Threshold A3 cyclocross bike to use as a commuter/stop being fat bike.

Part of the reason I got it now instead of later is because the bike shop threw in a free Whiskey no5 carbon fiber fork

Blows my old mountain bike out of the water, and the cf fork goes real well with this frame.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

leidend posted:

If I could do it without everyone knowing it was me I probably would. But people on the higher levels like those bushes so they don't have to look at the alley.

And yeah my place was super cheap (for the area) because of the lack of view/natural light.

Here's my would-be view from higher up without obstructions. The one in front of me is like that green one in the bottom right.

Hey, I live in the top left corner of that picture. Stop taking pics of my house, perv.

Content: I bought cameras.

It's me, the hipster douche.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

YEASTS :shepface:
WLP670 American Farmhouse Blend
WLP644 Brettanomyces bruxellensis Trois
WLP565 Belgian Saison I Yeast
Wyeast4021 Dry White/Sparkling
Wyeast3763 - Roeselare Ale Blend
Wyeast1275 - Thames Valley Ale

DrBouvenstein posted:

So this dongle takes a Bluetooth in (from the phone,) and then outputs it to that 1/8" stereo port, which you have your cassette adapter plugged into? Cool!

Man, that reminded me that a lot of cars made in the mid to late 2000's have lovely stereos for what is needed now. By then, 99% of cars lost the cassette player, but most also had yet to implement even an UX input, let alone Bluetooth. So you're boned when you want to listen to music/podcasts/whatever on your phone.

For several years, I suffered through having to try and get those drat FM transmitter things to work in both my personal car, AND the work car I drove hundreds of miles a week in. It never worked right, I'd get a signal for at best ten minutes until I started getting interference. I eventually bought a new stereo for my car because I was so sick of it. I no longer have that job, either, so now it's all good. :cool:

:negative: I still have to use one of these, going between big buildings always fucks it up and my ears bleed.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
I found a few many-in-1 USB cables. Thought I'd order a few to go with my external battery and quite a few wall chargers. I also found a Micro USB to Mini USB adapter since all my bike lights use mini usb.

Left: Everbuying 5-in-1 cable - Mini USB, Micro USB, Apple/Samsung 30 Pin, Lightning - USD 2.87/CAD 3.22 (and unusually shipped from Switzerland)
Centre: Fasttech U2-071 Micro USB Female to Mini USB Male Converter Adapter - USD 1.10
Right: 1-to-3 Apple Lightning 8-pin + Apple 30-pin + Micro-USB Male to USB Male Charging Cable - USD 2.31 (and has a cloth jacketed/braided cable)

All work great, and also take up a lot less room than separate cables. Very handy when I take that external battery down the pub and folks turn up with almost anything, I can just slide those 2 into the small pouch that came with it. Throw a USB extension cable on them and use them with the wall chargers like a normal length cable. Not tested with an iPhone 5 yet and isn't MFi certified so I'm expecting that error message.

Not shown is one from MiniInTheBox.com because they sent one without a lighting adapter (old small nokia style charger instead) and then asked me to edit the 1 star review I gave up to at least 3 - you'll see which one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rooted Vegetable has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Apr 26, 2014

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Timex Electric Dynabeat, got it for like $12 on eBay. Not my picture though, the seller's pictures sucked.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Bought this cool piece of wood to turn into a coffee table/convertible into a pair of wall tables. Any of you furniture needs have any suggestions for slick adjustable table legs?

KObot
Mar 11, 2008

and about a million packs of film because who ever wants to take just one picture?

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

twoday posted:

Before you ask, it's from The Affair, which is a pretty cool site for t shirts and posters with designs based on works of literature. It took six weeks to be arrive from the UK, but the shipping wasn't egregious, and the print quality is fantastic.

Oh man, this would have be a perfect gift for my little brother. I have an (unreasonable) hatred for limited editions of things that are simple to reproduce like prints! Just let people who want art have art! Yeah it lets them make more money off it, I know.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:getin:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Heners_UK posted:

I found a few many-in-1 USB cables. Thought I'd order a few to go with my external battery and quite a few wall chargers. I also found a Micro USB to Mini USB adapter since all my bike lights use mini usb.

Left: Everbuying 5-in-1 cable - Mini USB, Micro USB, Apple/Samsung 30 Pin, Lightning - USD 2.87/CAD 3.22 (and unusually shipped from Switzerland)
Centre: Fasttech U2-071 Micro USB Female to Mini USB Male Converter Adapter - USD 1.10
Right: 1-to-3 Apple Lightning 8-pin + Apple 30-pin + Micro-USB Male to USB Male Charging Cable - USD 2.31 (and has a cloth jacketed/braided cable)

All work great, and also take up a lot less room than separate cables. Very handy when I take that external battery down the pub and folks turn up with almost anything, I can just slide those 2 into the small pouch that came with it. Throw a USB extension cable on them and use them with the wall chargers like a normal length cable. Not tested with an iPhone 5 yet and isn't MFi certified so I'm expecting that error message.

Not shown is one from MiniInTheBox.com because they sent one without a lighting adapter (old small nokia style charger instead) and then asked me to edit the 1 star review I gave up to at least 3 - you'll see which one

No usb 3.0? New Samsung phones are already using them.

An extra 3.0 wall charger was my latest purchase.

Edit: I know you can use 2.0 on the same stuff but 3.0 is supposed to charge faster.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Bruxism posted:

Bought this cool piece of wood to turn into a coffee table/convertible into a pair of wall tables. Any of you furniture needs have any suggestions for slick adjustable table legs?

:monocle:

edit: nevermind, you already posted there :downs:

Trabant has a new favorite as of 00:07 on Apr 27, 2014

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Siiiiiiiiick kicks chum :respek:

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

These are excellent.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ormy posted:

These are excellent.

I could not resist and ordered 3 pairs. Always been after a pair of the linen AF1s since they released in 2000 but prices are too daft for me.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (coiled cable)

and a

Zalman Microphone ZM-MIC 1
To get me by until I can find a semi-decent microphone (if this is no good) to use for Teamspeak.

Whoforthenwhat has a new favorite as of 11:21 on Apr 28, 2014

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (coiled cable)

and a

Zalman Microphone ZM-MIC 1
To get me by until I can find a semi-decent microphone (if this is no good) to use for Teamspeak.

Those headphones are great. I would still be using them if they didn't get stolen.

Also, that mic is alright. It will definitely hold you over.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It's pretty sweet with a bitchin' LED! Got it after never playing a musical instrument, ever. It was used so it's lightly scuffed here and there but at least I won't want to kill myself if my adventures with Rocksmith never go anywhere. Also might give me an excuse to paint it, :black101:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

Dyslexiactic posted:

Pre-ordered Andrew Jackson Jihad's next album shirt & LP combo :yayclod:.

I have to wait and hope I still can by payday :(

• Locked thread