Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Boon Parties were my favorite thing we ever did, I'm pretty sure the games died before my buffs ran out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Cosmic today. Today!

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Imagine the bitching that would happen now with Thor’s power level after Ragnarok and IW.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
is there somewhere I can read a summary of what the hell happened to this game? i'm a messy bitch who loves drama

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

HebrewMagic posted:

I loved nut facts so much

I also loved Doom's "Another trinket for the pile"

Doom knew.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Martian Manfucker posted:

is there somewhere I can read a summary of what the hell happened to this game? i'm a messy bitch who loves drama

Kotaku had a decent article about the business side of things:
https://kotaku.com/the-last-months-of-gazillion-entertainment-maker-of-ma-1821016486

And then there was the whole "they hired a sexual predator to run the company" issue which, strangely, Disney wasn't cool with:
http://davedohrmann.blogspot.com
https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/72prfj/summary_of_the_news_from_the_aoaomega_stream/ (check the Doomsaw comments)

But things had been going downhill for awhile. They basically stopped updating the game to work on their console cashout plan.

Personally, I blame everything on the changes to dashes and teleports.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kenby posted:

Personally, I blame everything on the changes to dashes and teleports.

can you believe the people who defended that lmao

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
To be fair, the sexual predator CEO also was the one making terrible decisions like "stop updating your successful PC game to cash out on console release" in addition to things like rape.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
If you paid money on the PS4 version you got a refund

Really wish the PC version was so lucky

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

can you believe the people who defended that lmao

Yeah the movement changes ruined the game. That was the nail in the 50 ft buried in the ground coffin.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Cosmic yesterday

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

I also remember someone on twitter, I think it was Asros, saying they were working on a second game when mh shut down. I don't know where they found the resources in their closet of five people.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. Strange, upon picking up an Eye Of Agamotto: "It's no Eye Of Agamotto, but it will do."

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Dr. Strange, upon picking up an Eye Of Agamotto: "It's no Eye Of Agamotto, but it will do."

This is the one I tell most people looking back

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I work in localization so the time they went live with a skill called anal sex and a big black dong item in their Portuguese translation was a special moment for me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Who had them?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Too Shy Guy posted:

I work in localization so the time they went live with a skill called anal sex and a big black dong item in their Portuguese translation was a special moment for me.

That sounds more like a German thing.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
My most cherished memories of Marvel Heroes is my wife and I grinding Cosmic Midtown while listening to Loveline or Star Trek: Voyager in the background. Loveline made the grinding more enjoyable, and grinding made Voyager mildly tolerable.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

good news, marvel goons: we all play fortnite now. its legally binding, im afraid

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/993490649864396800

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Kelp Plankton posted:

good news, marvel goons: we all play fortnite now. its legally binding, im afraid

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/993490649864396800

I guess they figured Fortnite was already attracting kids, they might as well go full Marvel Heroes. :pedo:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Who would have known that this is what Gaz was talking about when they said we'd be fighting Thanos sometime in the foreseeable future.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

they meant future fight

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Finally we get playable Thanos, but Gaz hosed up so bad he's in the wrong game and they retroactively stopped existing

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Finally we get playable Thanos, but Gaz hosed up so bad he's in the wrong game and they retroactively stopped existing

Oh poo poo. Gaz was totally successful and we all kept enjoying the game and spending money until they eventually came out with Thanos raid where they made the mistake of giving him all six Infinity Gems, then he snapped his fingers and made Gaz stop existing six months prior. They were the game with the most number of superheroes in it so it was the easiest way for Thanos to remove any threat. If only they had made Adam Warlock playable maybe we could have stopped him.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Shame Adam was too busy selling things for splinters. If only you gave him more splinters!
HE COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

How did we all collectively forget about batroc, silly bear

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I should have stayed at Google.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I miss mowing down a wall of dinosaurs as the Juggernaut.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Remember that Marvel forbid Gaz from making dances for the heroes since it was too silly.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kainser posted:

Remember that Marvel forbid Gaz from making dances for the heroes since it was too silly.

A guy dresses up in a spider themed red spandex outfit and goes out to fight criminals who do poo poo like dress up as a rhino or a goblin and they think dancing would make them look silly

lol marvel

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Ummm, fighting crime is serious business. We can't have things like fun or jokes or dancing in our crime fighting simulator.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You all are missing some dynamite bing builds in Strike Force. Dude is blowing up the YouTube scene and goons who didn’t play MH are falling for the trap.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Tony Bing.

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

Key question, however, is the existence of active participation in oforums. Without oforums, there is no fun.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
What even is the point anymore.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i hadnt thought about this game since it went down and then i had a dream last night that you guys had started a pirate server

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

If there was a pirate server I would totally play again.

By which I mean I would create a character and then never log in again and just monitor the thread.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

nostrata posted:

If there was a pirate server I would totally play again.

By which I mean I would create a character and then never log in again and just monitor the thread.

You'd need it at least a dozen m3.2xlarge instances just to handle the buffs and procs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

You'd need it at least a dozen m3.2xlarge instances just to handle the buffs and procs

Plus somewhere to house the big Frankenstein lab switch that controls when the events roll over to the next one.