Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

MonsieurChoc posted:

My NA account still doesn't work, but I got Lancer Dark Artoria on JP so whatevs, life goes on.
You will never know what your waifu say to you.

wassup my homie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Yeah they're ok. Astolfo is cute but shame he's such a poo poo character in game. Personality is excellent though.

PSA: Astolfo is actually a really good rider and most arguments against them sum up to dumb "but shes a he" nonsense

don't believe the haters, i grailed my astolfo to 90 after they beat the final boss of the first story arc single-handedly. Astolfo Is Good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got summer Salter, Medb, and Drake so I'm in no need for anymore riders but I'm still ticketing Astolfo because I know if I don't they'll give him his alt outfit token and I'll never roll him.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Astolfo is the only servant that have 3 hit evasion on a np. That is actually better than skill because it's possible to spam that under 5 turns.

It's hard back when there isn't much art team, but he's one hell of a survivor with terrible damage.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

BlondRobin posted:

PSA: Astolfo is actually a really good rider and most arguments against them sum up to dumb "but shes a he" nonsense

don't believe the haters, i grailed my astolfo to 90 after they beat the final boss of the first story arc single-handedly. Astolfo Is Good

you're the first person i've seen ever say astolfo is good. all of my jp-playing friends who have him say he's not good, and they love the character. the summary of responses i've gotten when asking about him is '#1 waifu but you'll be disappointed with him in gameplay'.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Astolfo is an early design victim of poor game balancing. He have two skill that make star and up crit, TWICE. And CU's skill is on his NP! That sounded amazing on paper, so the dev probably make his atk terrible, and his NP damage aren't even the standard 1200%.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

you're the first person i've seen ever say astolfo is good. all of my jp-playing friends who have him say he's not good, and they love the character. the summary of responses i've gotten when asking about him is '#1 waifu but you'll be disappointed with him in gameplay'.
astolfo was bad when they released, got a buff that made them okay, got a buff that made them good, and got a buff that made them the second best non-welfare 4* rider. rider is a class with the best welfares in the game and a bunch of really great 5*s so they get overshadowed but astolfo's a good servant. it's just that people already decided they were bad when they got released and that opinion has stuck forever regardless of actual gameplay.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Tsurupettan posted:

I have Quetzalcoatl at 6/6/8/1 and I use Astolfo in preference to her unless I need a rider who doesn't need a team built around them. And Quetz is like my other favorite character.

To put it another way, when I was fighting Memorial Saber Alter for the second anniversary, I accidentally procced instant death on her second health bar and my front line pretty much wiped instantly, leaving me with only Astolfo and Jeanne.

They killed her third health bar of 1.3m on their own

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Astolfo is an early design victim of poor game balancing. He have two skill that make star and up crit, TWICE. And CU's skill is on his NP! That sounded amazing on paper, so the dev probably make his atk terrible, and his NP damage aren't even the standard 1200%.
That's not how NP damage works. Base AOE Quick NP damage is 600-1000%, based on NP level. Astolfo, after their interlude, has 800-1200%. And even at base their NP is 600-1000%, same as Marie, Medusa, etc.

And their attack is totally average for the class. Below Summer Mordred and all the welfare riders, but way above Martha and Marie. Basically the same as Anne and Mary.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

thanks, now i will feel better when i end up homeless trying to whale for astolfo

just kidding i'll single ticket him like i do everything i want in this game

e: i shall acquire and grail astolfo to 90 because he is #1

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 23, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Endorph posted:

That's not how NP damage works. Base AOE Quick NP damage is 600-1000%, based on NP level. Astolfo, after their interlude, has 800-1200%. And even at base their NP is 600-1000%, same as Marie, Medusa, etc.
Ah, yes. I forgot aoe is less.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

BlondRobin posted:

this is literally the opposite of the truth, astolfo used to be pretty bad (but became better with a buff), with people mostly just liking him because of the trap factor

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I keep hearing astolfo was a limited servant? Or is that no longer the case?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

the only limit on astolfo is how much room you have in your heart for him

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RMZXAnarchy posted:

He's non-limited he dropped alongside a limited servant though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

astolfo is introduced on white day along with amakusa. amakusa is limited, but astolfo was just added to the regular pool after the event. astolfo does get rerun along with amakusa (and later arthur) on white day though. 2017 white day also had a special banner where only male servants were summonable.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Oh ok cool. Good info.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Goddamn, that NP damage chart. Maybe I should be putting Robin in my All slot instead of Heracles

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

swimsuit servants are badass and half of them have more clothes than their default versions

nitocris' medjed sheet ftw

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
All I want is Cu in his fishing shirt Equal Opportunity Male Swimsuit events.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

Goddamn, that NP damage chart. Maybe I should be putting Robin in my All slot instead of Heracles

It's important to remember that Robin sucks for absolutely anything that isn't NP damage on poisoned enemies. He's amazing in the right teams but he's no Heracles.

Also everyone already has him so he's not going to be a popular support choice.

edit: He'll get a lot more versatile when his third skill is available, though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Didn't Robin Hood's NP used to stack the bonus damage for each instance of poison the target had, leading to millions of damage?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Didn't Robin Hood's NP used to stack the bonus damage for each instance of poison the target had, leading to millions of damage?

I think that's just a myth? Certainly it's hard to see how it could happen based on what we know of the damage calculation. I'm sure someone will have a youtube link to prove me wrong, though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
These story stages with Mozart as a guest are the worst. Every turn is nothing but his lovely arts cards.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
He sucks, but as a character he is very good.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Mozart gets his own tiny niche once he gets the ability to create 50 crit stars on demand

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

NRVNQSR posted:

I think that's just a myth? Certainly it's hard to see how it could happen based on what we know of the damage calculation. I'm sure someone will have a youtube link to prove me wrong, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1xQZzb2ZTs

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I have Astolfo and maxed them out, but I already have other harder hitting Riders like Iskander and Kintoki.

Still the cutest though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Finally. It is done. Farming for those bloodstones was the worst.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

I'm only seeing one instance of poison on that boss? I think that damage is actually working as intended.

Pretty small potatoes against its 1,656,860,794,756 HP anyway.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

An extreme level of bullying

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm only seeing one instance of poison on that boss? I think that damage is actually working as intended.

Pretty small potatoes against its 1,656,860,794,756 HP anyway.

That's Ibaraki-Douji, in the Rashōmon raid event.

Yes, we will be getting raid bosses.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So is there some sweet trick to leveling up dudes or should I just be grinding daily dungeons when they show up? I've gotten heracles up to 25 but berserker stuff comes in at a slow trickle so far.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

So is there some sweet trick to leveling up dudes or should I just be grinding daily dungeons when they show up? I've gotten heracles up to 25 but berserker stuff comes in at a slow trickle so far.

The bonus from using same-type exp is only 20%, so as long as you're still focusing on a small team you can just feed them any types. Once you're strong enough to run the 40AP Ember Gathering dailies it'll go a lot faster.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

The bonus from using same-type exp is only 20%, so as long as you're still focusing on a small team you can just feed them any types. Once you're strong enough to run the 40AP Ember Gathering dailies it'll go a lot faster.

:eyepop: good point, I had a ton of gold and silver exp stuff for classes I don't even have dudes in yet and now I'm so close to getting heracles to level 40.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like I must...but...my QP... :negative:

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
Serious question: Is it a good decision to start saving FP now for Halloween? Does it need FP-pool CEs to win big at? Or can I carry on my policy of 'A tiny stream of constant resources now will add up and set me up for bigger gains later'?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Nuebot posted:

These story stages with Mozart as a guest are the worst. Every turn is nothing but his lovely arts cards.

Mozart had ugly art so I completely avoided using him entirely and went for lvl 96 Jeanne's in my supports to carry me through Orleans.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sciencegar posted:

Serious question: Is it a good decision to start saving FP now for Halloween? Does it need FP-pool CEs to win big at? Or can I carry on my policy of 'A tiny stream of constant resources now will add up and set me up for bigger gains later'?

I haven't been through it in Japan, but I get the impression the 3* gatcha CE won't make a lot of difference in Halloween? It only boosts drops of one of the four currencies by one, and crucially unlike Moonfest getting more of that currency doesn't help you get the good shop CE for that currency any sooner.

It's hard to say for sure without playing it, though; the multiple currencies make it a difficult event to plan for.

edit: Though personally I'm taking the view that I'm already past the point of diminishing returns for the FP gatcha so I'm saving anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

dalies are killing me today. 2 zerker monuments away from fully ascending Herc and I keep getting pieces instead.