Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'm very happy for Commanders fans and employees that they are free of the evils of Dan Snyder. No one deserves Dan Snyder as a boss.

I hope everyone in the organization has a better experience, all the fans get a better experience, and the team stays garbage anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I'm just sobering up after a two day bender. Dan Snyder is leaving. I'm so goddamn happy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

predicto posted:

I'm just sobering up after a two day bender. Dan Snyder is leaving. I'm so goddamn happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAs7Wxvc1_o

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
for as much poo poo as The Phantom Menace rightly gets the score has a few absolute bangers

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

indigi posted:

for as much poo poo as The Phantom Menace rightly gets the score has a few absolute bangers
Yeah, Williams at least is at the top of his game. Duel of the Fates is an all-timer and I'm still impressed at how Anakin's Theme has Luke's Theme, Leia's Theme, the Force Theme, and the Imperial March all running through it and how Augie's Great Municipal Band is just the Emperor's Theme, sped up in a major key and sung by a children's choir.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CapnAndy posted:

and how Augie's Great Municipal Band is just the Emperor's Theme, sped up in a major key and sung by a children's choir.

Still the biggest mindmelt from that movie. Even knowing it now it still blows me away. So simple and I never noticed.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I didn’t know that til now. whoa

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1647624388403929092?s=46

seven billion dollars is more than 6.05 billion dollars

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1647624388403929092?s=46

seven billion dollars is more than 6.05 billion dollars

Who is Brian Davis and why does he have 7 billion in cash

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who is Brian Davis and why does he have 7 billion in cash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Davis_(basketball)

It's not all mentioned there but in addition to co-founding/owning DC United, he and his business partner also own real estate and a renewable energy asset company https://sports.yahoo.com/7-billion-offer-table-commanders-091532785.html

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, Williams at least is at the top of his game. Duel of the Fates is an all-timer and I'm still impressed at how Anakin's Theme has Luke's Theme, Leia's Theme, the Force Theme, and the Imperial March all running through it and how Augie's Great Municipal Band is just the Emperor's Theme, sped up in a major key and sung by a children's choir.

It's like Once Upon A Time in the West.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1647978465105264640?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Glad to see it, deserves every penny.

Of course, now he’ll never win a Super Bowl and will probably start to suck, but thems the breaks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

36 per year is not bad for both sides

Seems ok

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

euphronius posted:

36 per year is not bad for both sides

Seems ok

It’s going to be over 50 once the details come out…

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Game-Blouses posted:

It’s going to be over 50 once the details come out…

My guess is the guaranteed amount is likely with the top line one not so likely

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Understand resetting the market for your QB but Jalen Hurts is terrible and his offense will be figured out next year with no cupcake schedule

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Doltos posted:

Understand resetting the market for your QB but Jalen Hurts is terrible and his offense will be figured out next year with no cupcake schedule

I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

well that undercuts Lamar’s bargaining position substantially as a better QB did not get a fully guaranteed deal

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

euphronius posted:

well that undercuts Lamar’s bargaining position substantially as a better QB did not get a fully guaranteed deal

It does make the 133m guaranteed from the Ravens offer kind of laughable though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

Lamar is 10 times better than Hurts in pretty much every facet of the game. The only difference is age.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We disagree on a lot Doltos probably not worth arguing it.

I see your pov. 🙏

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

not sure why Howie decided to jump the gun again after last time. hopefully it's structured smartly so his cap hit isn't $60 mil in 2025

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

indigi posted:

not sure why Howie decided to jump the gun again after last time. hopefully it's structured smartly so his cap hit isn't $60 mil in 2025

The longer you wait, the more the price goes up. If you are confident in your projections, lock them up sooner than later.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Game-Blouses posted:

The longer you wait, the more the price goes up. If you are confident in your projections, lock them up sooner than later.

Yeah the salary cap’s just going to keep going up, the Cowboys paid dearly for waiting a year too long to resign Dak and we see how stupid the Ravens/Lamar drama has gotten because they also waited too long.

The NFC’s gonna be weak for the next few years because of the high end QB discrepancy with the AFC. Jalen’s one of the three best in the conference (if not THE best), get him signed long term and enjoy your contention window.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://i.imgur.com/jFZKqlN.mp4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Exactly, he was in the super-bowl

Pay him

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Play was doomed when they didn’t have the RB snap the ball, IMO.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

So bad!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mcmagic posted:

So bad!!!!

Two QB sneaks and an underthrown ball that AJ Brown got only because a safety had the bystander effect

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

Two QB sneaks and an underthrown ball that AJ Brown got only because a safety had the bystander effect

Hurts is way better at QB Sneaks than Mahomes :colbert:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i heard the news and immediately ran to this thread to see doltos's reaction, and it has delivered

(also is the hail mary gif supposed to be some kind of dunk? dude stepped on kelce's foot and it hosed with the throw, it's not some incredible glimpse into his lack of ability as a passer)

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
There isn't a single team in all the NFC that wouldn't be better with Lamar as their QB. poo poo is insane.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
calling hurts better than lamar is bonkers, imo, if only because we've seen precisely one (1) very good season from hurts. like, yes, it's all super promising, but come on.

it's disgraceful hurts got paid before lamar did.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I joked last year that ppl would be itt still arguing Hurts was bad after he was in the super bowl and here we are wow amazing work goons and goonnettes

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

calling hurts better than lamar is bonkers, imo, if only because we've seen precisely one (1) very good season from hurts. like, yes, it's all super promising, but come on.

Turns out having a loving agent is effective

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if the Ravens had gone to Lamar with 180m guaranteed he wouldn't have asked for a trade

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

Jalen has been better in the nfl therefore he is better. Yes Lamar has played for longer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jalen Hurts? Is that some abstract way to bring up Dak Prescott?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Shinjobi posted:

Jalen Hurts? Is that some abstract way to bring up Dak Prescott?

Jalen hurts Dak Prescott's chances of being a top 5 QB in the NFC East